Thread: My new book.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!

My new book.

My friend today, just gave me a new text book on the Russian language. It is called "РУССКИЙ ЯЗЫК" by И.М. Пулькина, Е.Б. Захава Некрасова. She picked it up in Moscow not long ago. It is a book on practical grammar with exercises for learning the Russian language printed in Russia in 2004. So far I have only had a brief look at it but I think that I will find it to be an invaluable tool in my arsenal of learning.
    Has anybody heard of this book? and whaddaya think?
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай
    So is it in Russian? I've seen several books at the second-hand bookstore entitled "Русский язык" and "Русский для всех", maybe it's a reprint of one of those?

Старший оракул
    If you'd done a search on this forum with И.М. Пулькина, you'd have found a few references to this by yours truly.
    Because of the generic title, you'd better tell us what the subtitle is. I'm guessing you have the same one as me:
    РУССКИЙ ЯЗЫК
    Практическая грамматика с упражнениями
    (для говорящих на анлийском языке)

I think the book is excellent on the whole. I also bought it in Moscow in 2003 (the 10th Edition, printed in 2003)
    What I appreciate in particular is:
    -the masterful command of English displayed.
    -the tables illustrating grammatical structures (in particular one very long table shows virtually every possible meaning of the standard verb prefixes)
    -the wide range of references to Russian literature
    -the coverage of lots of little details - like the form "пойдёмте", lots of stuff about particles ...

Down side:
    1.Lots of the exercises are a little pointless (e.g. copy this or that, or the lazy "make up a sentence using X").
    2. There are no answers to the exercises.
    I think it's a grammar reference, not a "with exercises" book as advertised.
    Море удачи и дачу у моря

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Unfortunately I have not figured out how to do a search or I would have, sorry. It is I believe, the same book as yours Waxwing. The full title is:-
    РУССКИЙ ЯЗЫК
    Практическая грамматика с упражнениями
    (для говорящих на анлийском языке)

I think I will like this book, too bad that I will have to give it back in a few weeks. My friend bought it to help her teach her Russian students English. She is a Russian woman who also works here as an interpreter. I think that I will see if I can get my own copy. Thanks.

PS Yes Pravit it is in Russian ( the covers and forward, anyway) but the contents are English.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce