Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: US - Russia Visas

Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    ...I would assume that finely powdered metallic Po ...
    You would not be able to administer this form, as it is an active metal. Remember, it is only ~10 micrograms, not readily handle-able. The handle-able form is a solution, for small amounts. And as for tort lawyers, Po210 emits a characteristic gamma ray, and this would be the type of evidence that would have to be presented in court to prove actual exposure. The amount of characteristic gamma ray emission would tell the amount of exposure, and a comparison then would be made to the background amounts in people.

Почётный участник
    Personally, I don't think Lugovoi could be more obviously guilty even if he had "GUILTY" written across his forehead in flashing neon letters, but at most he's only guilty of being a delivery boy, and as for who he was working for - god knows.

The British government's response to the incident and its actions since have been petulant, ridiculous and hysterical though. The visa regime for Russians visiting the UK is exactly the same as for nationals of many other countries, so when some minor government hack tries to link the continuation of tough rules to the Litvinenko case it's just pure bluster. The rules are as they are because the British establishment currently finds it expedient to dissuade all but the richest foreigners from coming here, and for no other reason. It doesn't even have anything to do with Russia, specifically, let alone one little detail of the UK's relationship with Russia.

Jeez, I was going to talk about my experience getting a Russian visa for my trip NEXT MONTH, but I see the thread had deteriorated into mush. Well, I'll say a few words anyway.

As of July 1, Russian visas must be applied for online. The online website is very buggy, and it is slow so that you will spend an hour filling everything out. I had to dig up information on my employer of 20 years ago. Not fun. And then the site ate my wife's completely filled-out application forms, which I found out about when I got a call from the gotorussia tour company that is arranging things. I tried it too and couldn't log in. Next morning before beginning to re-enter everything I tried again just for kicks, and guess what -- her forms were there. I hope they stayed long enough for the embassy to issue the visas. I should know next week. Going to be in Moscow and Petersburg 9/7-9/19.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Regarding visa proceedures: from what I've been told it's tit for tat. Don't whinge. Write to your MP

Властелин
    How was your trip? I might be going to Russia/Ukraine in a few months - any visa tips will be great.

Thank you,

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by chaika View Post
    Jeez, I was going to talk about my experience getting a Russian visa for my trip NEXT MONTH, but I see the thread had deteriorated into mush. Well, I'll say a few words anyway.

As of July 1, Russian visas must be applied for online. The online website is very buggy, and it is slow so that you will spend an hour filling everything out. I had to dig up information on my employer of 20 years ago. Not fun. And then the site ate my wife's completely filled-out application forms, which I found out about when I got a call from the gotorussia tour company that is arranging things. I tried it too and couldn't log in. Next morning before beginning to re-enter everything I tried again just for kicks, and guess what -- her forms were there. I hope they stayed long enough for the embassy to issue the visas. I should know next week. Going to be in Moscow and Petersburg 9/7-9/19.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234