I had signed up for Russian 2 in evening school, assuming my self-studying would allow me to do that.

I am the one with the least training, some has level 1 completed last winter, one even added 2 weeks private training in Skt.Petersburg, others wanted to get on level 3 (more advanced), but that class was not created, some has 3 years of high school background... So my 3 months self study is by far the least.

I get the impression, that my main problems right now is too small a vocabulary, and another vocabulary than the book. So I am busy reading the first chapters. The book (which is a danish->russian course) has a nice CD with all the text, so you can have it read aloud (good human voices), or right click words to have them translated, and see different meanins, and there are quizzes, including quizzes with audio.

What surprised me the most at the first 2 lessons was, that when we were reading the text aloud, nobody was fluent. I was probably on average. So I know that I can bypass the other here. There are already many words I recognize rather than spell myself through.

More progress reports will come.