Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Чёрный юмор

Завсегдатай
    Можно сказать просто "Bless you". Без "God". Так, в общем-то, обычно и говорят, когда кто-то чихает.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by translationsnmru View Post
    Можно сказать просто "Bless you". Без "God". Так, в общем-то, обычно и говорят, когда кто-то чихает.
    Верно, верно. Просто мне показалось, что вариант с Богом был уместнее. Сталин, самолично благославляющий подчиненных (у меня такая ассоциация, хоть Бог там и подразумевается), это уже перебор. :Р

Надеюсь, это не принципиально, и из контекста и оригинала всем понятно, что имелось в виду.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka View Post
    Верно, верно. Просто мне показалось, что вариант с Богом был уместнее. Сталин, самолично благославляющий подчиненных (у меня такая ассоциация, хоть Бог там и подразумевается), это уже перебор. :Р

Надеюсь, это не принципиально, и из контекста и оригинала всем понятно, что имелось в виду.
    The blessed "comrade" was probably too sad not to have been executed by a personal order of His Majesty.

Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo View Post
    I think they are quite many, especially from the late USSR.
    - Many science fiction cartoons: Контакт, Полигон (BTW about violence), Контракт etc. etc.
    - Cartoons were the most free art area for experiments. Will you tell me that Ежик в тумане was intended for children? ORLY?
    They can say "This is for children" and produce all kinds of psychodelic insanity.
    - Aesopian language, humor, satire... Великолепный Гоша, Фильм-фильм-фильм, Остров сокровищ... For children? Well... for children too.
    There are thousands of Soviet cartoons, and very glad I am to have seen so many good ones! In my opinion, they leave the west behind. From Гаф to Веселая Карусель, all kinds of children's ones, and ones like to Кто расскажет небылицу?, Халиф-айст, Вперед время!, and on and on. So many great works of art, a cultural treasure. Even one Kafka could perhaps like, Айнудизм.

Властелин
    As for the black humor... I used to have a truly terrifying example of the Russian black humor, but I lost the original story, so basically, this is what it was about, in English.

A little boy comes home from school. His dad says, "let's go fishing". The boy says, "no, I'm in a bad mood, leave me alone" The dad says, "how dare you speak to me like this? You're coming with me!!!" The boy says, "ok"; so they get to the river, and the dad notices he's left the bait at home, so he says, "go back to the house and get the bait". The boy says, "ok", he returns to the house and sees the neighbor is having sex with his mom; the boy runs away to the river and says, "look, I saw our neighbor, and he said he had lost his axe; why don't you go bring him one?" The dad says, "hm, ok", he takes an axe and goes to the house; the boy outruns him using a shorter path, he goes to the neighbor and says, "look, my dad knows everything, he's coming to you with an axe, you see him?" And the neighbor thinks he's toast anyway, so he takes a shotgun and shoots himself; then, the boy goes to his mom, and says, "dad knows everything, he just killed the neighbor with an axe and he's going for you"; his mom sees her husband with an axe and thinks she's dead, so she runs out of the house, runs over to the pond, and drowns herself; then the boy waits for his dad and says, "you see what you @sshole did? mom said she couldn't take you anymore and drowned herself, even the neighbor said he couldn't take you either and shot himself". And his dad goes nuts, he runs into the house, ties up a rope and hangs himself... Finally, the boy is sitting on a rock and thinking, "was the fishing trip really worth it? I told him I was in a bad mood..."
    fortheether likes this.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    Finally, the boy is sitting on a rock and thinking, "was the fishing trip really worth it? I told him I was in a bad mood..."
    LOL
    It's a joke about Vovochka, I'd say he's a darker Russian version of Bart Simpson. There are a few lines about him in English Wiki:

Vovochka is the Russian equivalent of Little Johnny. He interacts with his school teacher, Maria Ivanovna (shortened to Marivanna; a stereotypical teacher's name). "Vovochka" is a diminutive form of Vladimir, creating the "little boy" effect. His fellow students bear similarly diminutive names. This "little boy" name is used in contrast with Vovochka's wisecracking, adult, often obscene statements.

In biology class, the teacher draws a cucumber on the blackboard: "Children, could someone tell me what is this?"
    Vovochka raises his hand: "It's a dick, Marivanna!" The teacher bursts into tears and runs out.
    In a minute the principal rushes in: "All right, what did you do now? Which one of you brought Maria Ivanovna to tears? And who the hell drew that dick on the blackboard?"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G. View Post
    А что здесь крутого или странного? Сталин имел религиозное образование и был осведомленным в вопросах богословия. Поэтому упоминание Бога выглядит вполне естественно, придает даже некую глубину.
    В любом случае "God" можно выкинуть, а оставить только "bless you".
    Or you could translate "Будьте здоровы!" with "Gesundheit!", which has no religious meaning and is universally understood by English speakers.

(Although, perhaps, it would sound very strange for Stalin to use a German word!)

Старший оракул
    Я знаю, но упоминание Бога и "товарища" Сталиным в одной фразе - достаточно крутой феномен.
    А как же знаменитое "братья и сёстры"?
    Налево пойдёшь - коня потеряешь, направо пойдёшь - сам голову сложишь.
    Прямой путь не предлагать!

Quote Originally Posted by Полуношник View Post
    А как же знаменитое "братья и сёстры"?
    God not found.

В двадцатые-тридцатые была кампания по истреблению из речи слов и устойчивых оборотов, имеющих религиозное происхождение.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Завсегдатай
    В двадцатые-тридцатые была кампания по истреблению из речи слов и устойчивых оборотов, имеющих религиозное происхождение.
    Да неужели. Между тем сам Сталин спокойно их употреблял, и даже в положительном ключе (мол, метко сказано):
    Всякие бывают люди на свете, всякие бывают деятели на свете. Есть люди, о которых не скажешь, кто он такой, то ли он хорош, то ли он плох, то ли мужественен, то ли трусоват, то ли он за народ до конца, то ли он за врагов народа. Есть такие люди и есть такие деятели. Они имеются и у нас, среди большевиков. [...] О таких неопределённых людях и деятелях также довольно метко говорится у нас в народе: «так себе человек — ни рыба, ни мясо», «ни богу свечка, ни чёрту кочерга». Я не могу сказать с полной уверенностью, что среди кандидатов в депутаты (я очень извиняюсь перед ними, конечно) и среди наших деятелей не имеется людей, которые напоминают скорее всего политических обывателей, которые напоминают по своему характеру, по своей физиономии людей такого типа, о которых говорится в народе: «ни богу свечка, ни чёрту кочерга».
    Речь на предвыборном собрании избирателей Сталинского избирательного округа города Москвы 11 декабря 1937 года в Большом театре.— газета «Правда», 12 декабря 1937 года.— цит. по: И. В. Сталин. Сочинения, т. 14, сс. 308—309.
    Источник
    Ну или "Артиллерия - бог войны". Говорил же, и не подавился.

Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka View Post
    Да неужели. Между тем сам Сталин спокойно их употреблял, и даже в положительном ключе (мол, метко сказано):

Ну или "Артиллерия - бог войны". Говорил же, и не подавился.
    Таки да. Кампания скорее к 20-м относилась.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

God not found.

Спасибо Благодарю вас за вашей двѢе копѢейки, гражданинъ!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    Спасибо Благодарю вас за вашей двѢе копѢейки, гражданинъ!
    ваши

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234