Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Еще один сторонник Березовского вдруг отравился!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio
    Спасибо, статья небезынтересная.
    Есть забавные места, особенно вот эта картинка:

Вот интересно: почему верхние две стрелки называются "Polonium trail", если ни на одном из рейсов следов Полония не обнаружено?

Про "загадочного человека" в статье немного:

Officers have studied CCTV footage from airports at Hamburg and London and are understood to believe that the two men were travelling together. However, the mystery figure disappeared after leaving Heathrow with Mr Kovtun. The name he used on the flight and the passport presented to immigration officials does not show up on any hotel register in the capital.

Короче, ничего "подозрительного" за исключением того, что
    1) сидел в кресле рядом с Ковтуном
    2) не остановился ни в одном из отелей в Лондоне

It is believed that he met up again with Mr Kovtun in London on November 1, the day Litvinenko fell ill.

"Believed"? А на основании чего?
    Не знаю, они вообще говорят: "Officers have studied CCTV footage from airports at Hamburg and London and are understood to believe that the two men were travelling together."
    разумеетя, что авторы имеют в виду, что они знают друг друга. Откуда взялись, это не вопрос ко мне
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Quote Originally Posted by scotcher
    I just watched the BBC's Panorama episode on the Litvineko shenanigans.

What an unbelievable stitch-up. Even for someone who isn't nearly naive enough to swallow the BBC's own propaganda about how impartial and balanced they are and expects a certain amount of spin, and someone who, furthermore, doesn't even fundementally disagree with the program's conclusions, that was a truely shockingly one-sided polemic.
    Hmm, are you talking about this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/russian/russia ... 288955.stm
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Властелин
    No, this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6276225.stm

Panorama is usually concerned with investigating in more depth those big stories which only get superficial coverage on the news due to time restrictions. In this case though, I didn't see any evidence of any investigation, they simply repackaged all the little pieces of information already released by Scotland Yard and reported elsewhere, and presented them as a coherent trail of evidence supporting a presupposed conclusion.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    не знаю... у него могли быть родственники в Англии, или что-то подобное...

нашел оригинал в "Таймс": Они вместе летели (как знакомые) и предполагается, что он с ним ещё раз встретился до того, как Литвиненко отравился.
    Откуда взялись, это не ко мне вопрос
    Друзья, будьте проще. Какой еще Тимес? Я даже не сразу сообразила, что это газета "Times".
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Тимес - это очень известная португальская газета

Завсегдатай
    Да ну
    Ну, видишь ли, она не настолько известная, чтобы, во-первых, не брать ее название в кавычки, а во-вторых, все-таки лучше было написать не в Тимес, а в португальской газете "Тимес" / в рупоре португальской прессы "Тимес"/ в гиганте португальской печати "Тимес" и т.д.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Завсегдатай
    Если португальская, то тогда уж "Тимеш" .

Well, it seems like there is finally some news on the case!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/articl ... 28,00.html
    (Not a newspaper I typically read, but nothing new from anywhere else)
    http://www.inosmi.ru/translation/232448.html

Here are some interesting sections:

"Senior Whitehall officials have told the Guardian that a Scotland Yard file on the murder which is about to be passed to the Crown Prosecution Service alleges that there is sufficient evidence against Andrei Lugovoi for the CPS to decide whether he should face prosecution."

"Высокопоставленные чиновники Уайтхолла заявили Guardian, что в следственном деле Скотланд-Ярда по факту убийства, которое должно быть передано в Королевскую службу уголовного преследования, говорится о наличии достаточного количества доказательств против Андрея Лугового, в связи с чем эта служба может принять решение о предъявлении Луговому обвинения."

"Any attempt to extradite Mr Lugovoi could founder on the Russian constitution, which offers citizens protection against enforced removal from the country. However, senior British government officials have told the Guardian that officials in Moscow have already indicated their willingness to strike a deal which would see the suspect being handed over in return for Mr Berezovsky's extradition."

"Любая попытка экстрадиции Лугового будет противоречить российской конституции, которая предоставляет гражданам защиту от насильственной высылки из страны. Однако, как заявили Guardian высокопоставленные представители британского правительства, московские официальные лица уже дали понять, что готовы заключить сделку, в рамках которой подозреваемый будет передан английскому правосудию в обмен на Березовского."

"He cannot be forced to return to Russia, however, as the UK courts have ruled that the charges against him are politically-motivated and that he could not expect to receive a fair trial.

Government officials say that they have difficulty trying to explain to the Russian authorities that the UK courts are entirely independent, and that Mr Berezovsky cannot be extradited once the courts have ruled against such a move."

"Однако его нельзя заставить вернуться в Россию, поскольку британский суд вынес постановление о том, что обвинения против него являются политически мотивированными, и суд против Березовского не будет справедливым.

Как говорят государственные чиновники, им очень трудно объяснить российским властям, что суды в Великобритании полностью независимы, и что выслать Березовского невозможно, поскольку суд принял решение против таких действий."

Interesting. If Scotland Yard comes to the conclusion that it was Lugovoi who murdered Litvinenko, what are your reactions? Will you believe Scotland Yard? Or do you think they would lie and it is all a conspiracy?

Well, it seems like there is finally some news on the case!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/articl ... 28,00.html
    (Not a newspaper I typically read, but nothing new from anywhere else)
    http://www.inosmi.ru/translation/232448.html
    "Guardian" seems to be the main source of sensations in this case. What did you expect? But, anyway, let's see...

"Высокопоставленные чиновники Уайтхолла заявили Guardian, что в следственном деле Скотланд-Ярда по факту убийства, которое должно быть передано в Королевскую службу уголовного преследования, говорится о наличии достаточного количества доказательств против Андрея Лугового, в связи с чем эта служба может принять решение о предъявлении Луговому обвинения."
    Так за чем же дело стало?
    Если есть "достаточное количество" доказательств -- почему бы не предъявить хотя бы одно?

"Любая попытка экстрадиции Лугового будет противоречить российской конституции, которая предоставляет гражданам защиту от насильственной высылки из страны.
    Именно так.
    Кстати, почему на этом основании они считают, что Литвиненко ничего не грозит, непонятно: если британское следствие предъявит реальные доказательства того, что он в чем то виноват, его может ждать судебный процесс в России.

Однако, как заявили Guardian высокопоставленные представители британского правительства, московские официальные лица уже дали понять, что готовы заключить сделку, в рамках которой подозреваемый будет передан английскому правосудию в обмен на Березовского."
    "Как заявляет Guardian, как заявляют высокопоставленные представители британского правительства, как заявляют московские официальные лица..." Мм-да.
    Кстати, что-то я не слышал, чтобы "московские официальные лица" что-то подобное официально заявляли.

"Однако его нельзя заставить вернуться в Россию, поскольку британский суд вынес постановление о том, что обвинения против него являются политически мотивированными, и суд против Березовского не будет справедливым.
    Да, я сейчас просто расплачусь от умиления. Они, оказывается, борцы за справедливость.

Как говорят государственные чиновники, им очень трудно объяснить российским властям, что суды в Великобритании полностью независимы, и что выслать Березовского невозможно, поскольку суд принял решение против таких действий."
    На самом деле, "объяснить" очень легко. Вот заставить российские власти в это поверить -- действительно трудно.

Interesting. If Scotland Yard comes to the conclusion that it was Lugovoi who murdered Litvinenko, what are your reactions? Will you believe Scotland Yard? Or do you think they would lie and it is all a conspiracy?
    As I said before, lets wait for any serious evidence from Scotland Yard and see, what it does worth.

BTW, what do you think: if investigation will lead to Berezovskiy, Zakayey or any of their guys, do you really expect Scotland Yard to admit it?
    Or they'll try to cover all this case, hide the truth, and try to find some scapegoat to blame instead?
    I'll definitely vote for second option.
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Как я только что прочитал в новостях, Скотленд Ярд свернул дело об ограблении Литивиненко.
    English Edition

В обычных странах церковь отделена от государства, а в России - от Бога.

Властелин
    "Любая попытка экстрадиции Лугового будет противоречить российской конституции, которая предоставляет гражданам защиту от насильственной высылки из страны.
    Which is the case pretty much anywhere in the world btw. Such things shouldn't even be discussed.

Однако, как заявили Guardian высокопоставленные представители британского правительства, московские официальные лица уже дали понять, что готовы заключить сделку, в рамках которой подозреваемый будет передан английскому правосудию в обмен на Березовского."
    LOL. Of course everybody already knows pretty well that the Russian leadership consists of crooks that can never be trusted with anything, but it's funny to see how much effort they spend to uphold that reputation

Так за чем же дело стало?
    Если есть "достаточное количество" доказательств -- почему бы не предъявить хотя бы одно?
    Это не раппорт скотланда ярда. Они вряд ли дадут доказательство пока расследование идет. Ещё это зависит от какие выводы делают. Легко говорить, что это был Луговой, но им нужно тоже расследовать кто платил Лугового за это, если он не сам решил достать радиоактивный материал и убить знакомого... И если это было, к примеру, ФСБ или Путин, будет большой дипломатический кризис.

Именно так.
    Кстати, почему на этом основании они считают, что Литвиненко ничего не грозит, непонятно: если британское следствие предъявит реальные доказательства того, что он в чем то виноват, его может ждать судебный процесс в России.
    Смотри выше, он, наверно, не один виноват!

На самом деле, "объяснить" очень легко. Вот заставить российские власти в это поверить -- действительно трудно.
    А вы, верите?

As I said before, lets wait for any serious evidence from Scotland Yard and see, what it does worth.

BTW, what do you think: if investigation will lead to Berezovskiy, Zakayey or any of their guys, do you really expect Scotland Yard to admit it?
    Or they'll try to cover all this case, hide the truth, and try to find some scapegoat to blame instead?
    I'll definitely vote for second option.

Why on Earth would they hide the truth? What would be the possible benefit from that? You think that England cares a rat's ass about Berezovskiy or Zakayev? If they murdered Litvinenko, and they have proof, they are going straight to jail.

This is typical paranoia, which I've been suspecting from you Russians all along You think their is a global conspiracy against Russia There is really no point for you to even follow this case, you've already made up your mind and whatever Scotland Yard says will not change your mind...

By the way: The polish have gotten hand of a video showing how the spetznaz used Litvinenko as a target during shooting practice/

Watch it here:

http://www.dziennik.pl/Load.aspx?TabId= ... leId=29343

"Rosyjscy komandosi strzelali do Litwinienki"
    Не знал как польский похоже на русский!

By the way: The polish have gotten hand of a video showing how the spetznaz used Litvinenko as a target during shooting practice/

Watch it here:

http://www.dziennik.pl/Load.aspx?TabId= ... leId=29343

"Rosyjscy komandosi strzelali do Litwinienki"
    Не знал как польский похоже на русский!
    Ха-ха-ха, это же утка! ы-ы-ы!

English Edition

Завсегдатай
    There is really no point for you to even follow this case, you've already made up your mind and whatever Scotland Yard says will not change your mind...
    True.
    PS. Do tou believe everything Scotland Yard (your government/newspapers/etc.) says?

No, I do not always believe what politicians or governments say (especially the government under which I currently live).

However, scotland yard is hardly a governmental institution, now is it? I do belive that the police will conduct a professional and independent investigation and therefore I will believe what they say, yes. I am too old to believe in conspiracy theories

Властелин

Why on Earth would they hide the truth? What would be the possible benefit from that? You think that England cares a rat's ass about Berezovskiy or Zakayev? If they murdered Litvinenko, and they have proof, they are going straight to jail.

This is typical paranoia, which I've been suspecting from you Russians all along You think their is a global conspiracy against Russia There is really no point for you to even follow this case, you've already made up your mind and whatever Scotland Yard says will not change your mind...
    It's no good Vinnie, you're talking to people who live in a country where all the organs of state are and always have been directly controlled by the current government purely for the current government's benefit as a matter of course. You are never going to get them to understand how separation of powers can work anywhere else, it's just too far beyond their experience.

Бывший глава Страсбургского суда подозревает Россию в своем отравлении

http://lenta.ru/news/2007/01/29/poison1/
    English Edition

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by scotcher

It's no good Vinnie, you're talking to people who live in a country where all the organs of state are and always have been directly controlled by the current government purely for the current government's benefit as a matter of course. You are never going to get them to understand how separation of powers can work anywhere else, it's just too far beyond their experience.
    Yes, you are right -- the concept is quite alien for Russians (it was of course there on paper in Soviet times too and is there now, but since it was just a pretend thing there it's hard to imagine that it can actually work otherwise).

Same with the rule of law -- since for all Russian history law was just a convenient tool for those in power to exercise, it is quite hard to imagine that it can be different elsewhere, it just does not make any sense.

Similarly all kinds of conspiracy theories (shadow groups that *really* rule the US/"the west"/the world, etc etc) are a much better sell there since much of the time they *were* out to get you and people think like that They, of course, think that this is cynisism and deep thinking and understanding life as it is, while in fact this is just failing to see outside their box.

This is probably even more pronounced now than in Soviet times in a way, since unlike then, the Russian leadership understands quite well that no amount of propaganda can force anyone to view it in a particularly good light, and so the main propaganda tool now is just to presuade people that "other places/governments are even worse" (both in behaviour towards their subjects and in the means that they are using to achieve their goals).

Well, I'm not giving up yet. I really want to understand the logic behind this thinking, and maybe, just maybe, they will see the disconnect and if not correct themselves, at least have a deeper appreciation for why westerners get frustrated with Russia as a whole

After all it is a learning process for me too, because they too have good points about Western biasness.

But thinking Scotland Yard would cover up some kind of Berezovsky involvement is sheer and utter ridiculousness with heavy gravy! Scorpio, if you could explain that to me, who knows, maybe I am wrong?

(If a man says that he might be wrong, you can be darn sure that he thinks he is not (c) somebody I forget)

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast