Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you don't like Americans. (Those from United States)

Yeah, but I think that when I can I'll def get a car that I like, like a bmw 3 series. :P I can't believe they can be *that* unreliable... I hear though that Jettas have a problem with windows falling out and stuff like that, that's why I got a Civic instead But I think it was a 2000 so they probably fixed that since then. Meh, I liked that car a lot, it was bright red...
    Свет
    С утра запутается в шторах и цветах,
    Которые ты забываешь поливать.
    Тебя не радуют весна и пение птах,
    Ведь снова ты должна любовь свою порвать,
    Ведь снова ты должна...

Завсегдатай
    BMW's arn't unreliable. But stuff goes wrong. And when stuff goes wrong, its a pain in the ass to fix on german cars.

Ok, how many times have you been driving down the street, and you see some "Jim's japanese auto" or "Greg's asain imports" "Bob's Foriegn car repair"... They are all over the place.

How many times have you ever seen "Joe's German car workshop". (almost) never. because usaully u have to take the car back to the dealer, or to a special shop that deals only with german cars.

Its just that asian cars have a simple, reliable design, that's easy to fix, or get parts for.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

I don't know... Alot of the russians who move here (especially kids) seem to like it here more than in russia. I ask them "why?" they say it's just better... More freedoms. Plus, you can have a cool car when you're 15 and a half year old.
    I dunno, I really think there is a lot more freedom in Russia. Maybe those who moved to the US haven't really had a taste of it? You can do anything you want, go anywhere you want, drink anything you want... Yeah, you can have a car here at 16 and a better one then half of the Russians drive but it's not a big deal because everyone has them. And there are so many rules that you have to follow or you'll get a ticket that it's not that "extreme" at all. Haha even drag racing at night, it's still just "kids play." Now going down a windy two-lane Russian high way at 80 mph and passing every car by going on the opposite lane... :P And then stopping for a swim in a forest lake with zero rules to follow...that's fun! :P
    Свет
    С утра запутается в шторах и цветах,
    Которые ты забываешь поливать.
    Тебя не радуют весна и пение птах,
    Ведь снова ты должна любовь свою порвать,
    Ведь снова ты должна...

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by astarz41
    Now going down a windy two-lane Russian high way at 80 mph and passing every car by going on the opposite lane... :P And then stopping for a swim in a forest lake with zero rules to follow...that's fun! :P
    Yes! I knew someone would understand me!

JB
    Старший оракул
    And if you crash that car after speeding or someone else hits you with their car after drinking lots of beer at that forest lake you get to experience the wonderful emergency medical care here and the joys and freedom of being handicapped in Russia! (how DO they expect people to get themselves up and down those steep skinny iron rails that serve as "wheelchair ramps"?)
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Почётный участник
    DogBoy...i see your a ricer fan.

Do you like to put DVD screens on the back of your seats? Do you like to put stickers all over your car? Do you like to have an amp bigger than your engine? Dont forget the neon lights under the car.

Your ricer has 1.6 liters, but my bottle of sprite has 2.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by JB
    Things I miss in America;
    * hot water 365 days a year (the hot water here gets turned off for 2-3 weeks every summer for remont and cleaning of the pipes)
    Do you not find this delightfully bracing/rustic?

* pedestrians have the right of way when crossing a street (over here it's RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!)
    There are subways everywhere. Find 'em, use 'em.

* really nice, helpful and honest store clerks
    Care to share any experiences of dishonesty? I haven't had any.

* clean,drinkable tap water
    Moscow tap water is quite safe. Just run it.

* the same prices for everyone (not 10x more for tourists and foreigners)
    You pay more for your groceries, do you? As far as museum entry is concerned, pay your surcharge with a smile: they need the money and, hey, it'll hardly bankrupt you, will it?

* large homes and apts with seperate bedrooms and more than one bathroom
    * garages with automatic door openers
    Could you find such fripperies in New York or Chicago? Not without paying through the nose or moving to the suburbs, I'd vouch.
    А если отнять еще одну?

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    American cars suck. All of them.
    Correct.

and porsche is weak too.
    Only those that you can buy in the US. Here I could drive a baby with about 600 bhp.

I believe the WRX comes with 225 horsepower, compared to a BMW (forgot the model, i can check) wich is like 115.
    That BMW is the cheapest one that you can get. 316i or something. A joke. While the WRX is probably the most expensive Impreza.

Japanese cars are the best because they are easy to fix, and they wont need new timing belts every 20,000 miles (like BMW and it costs about 3,000 to replace).
    BS. I do not remeber that I ever had to pay more than EUR 300 for routine maintenance (every 20K km), and I never had to do anything else.

Japanese cars are so popular because they work, and their resale values are through the roof.
    It's even better with the German cars. And they don't have that cheap plastic look and feel and smell inside.

German cars are good, but way too expensive to maintain.
    Not in my experience.
    Jonesboro, Arkansas. Mean, stupid, violent fat people, no jobs, nothing to do, hotter than a dog with 2 d--cks.

Почётный участник
    Why do american cars suck?

Почтенный гражданин
    They handle like shit. They drink too much. They take up two parking lots.
    Jonesboro, Arkansas. Mean, stupid, violent fat people, no jobs, nothing to do, hotter than a dog with 2 d--cks.

Почётный участник
    they look better than other cars. faster too.

Завсегдатай
    Now going down a windy two-lane Russian high way at 80 mph and passing every car by going on the opposite lane... And then stopping for a swim in a forest lake with zero rules to follow...that's fun

please tell me how u could not do this in america ?
    its not like you have to register to go swimming (or skiing or biking).

And, doesn't russia require all citizens to have passports ? at like, any age ?

You dont have to even have your social security card in america untill you are 18. Now Hmmm.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

JB
    Старший оракул
    Dear joysof,

* yes the hot water shutdown is so much fun! just like camping!
    * You have perihods and subways on EVERY busy street where you live? Please send me the address so I can move there.
    * Facts of life lesson 1; last Friday my Russian girlfriend asked for 2 batteries at a kiosk by the metro. (The pack of 2 Duracell AA batteries are labeled with one price but they double the price if you want the whole pack, this is done even at Detsky Mir) instead of a pack the woman hands her 2 unwrapped batteries and insists they are new. Of course my friend isn't stupid so she puts them in her CD player right there, and SURPRISE they are 100% dead. She only got a new pack of batteries because she didn't walk away and tried them right in front of the sales woman. Also at a lot of renoks we get slipped old or rotten milk from the back of the shelf or bruised fruits from the back of the counter. so now we inspect every thing before we pay.
    * If Moscow water is so safe why does every Russian here put silver spoons in it, boil it, filter it, and almost knock my head off if I even go near the faucet with a drinking glass? If you know where the results are that show it is routinely tested and certified as safe please tell me so I can stop these crazy water purification procedures.
    * I can stretch a ruble just as well as I can a dime when buying groceries but I'm married to a Russian and live on a russian salary, so yes, those overpriced tickets will bankrupt me.My family needs the money just as much as anyone else.
    * I have friends in both Chicago and New York, and yes , there are lots of moderatly priced apts and homes there that are much bigger than the average Russian apt.
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel_of_Death-NZ
    they look better than other cars. faster too.
    Better and faster than the other American cars? Anyone can do it. That is precisely my point.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    And, doesn't russia require all citizens to have passports ? at like, any age ?
    No.

You dont have to even have your social security card in america untill you are 18. Now Hmmm.
    Just like in Russia. The only case when a minor may have an ID is when he/she goes abroad without his/her parents.

Почтенный гражданин
    * yes the hot water shutdown is so much fun! just like camping!
    What about electricity shutdowns like they have in the States every so often? That better?

* Facts of life lesson 1; last Friday my Russian girlfriend asked for 2 batteries at a kiosk by the metro.
    Why didn't she ask for the them from a random guy in the street?

Of course my friend isn't stupid
    I doubt it. If she had been all that clever, she would not have bought the batteries in the street.

Also at a lot of renoks we get slipped old or rotten milk from the back of the shelf or bruised fruits from the back of the counter. so now we inspect every thing before we pay.
    See? It's not all that difficult. But if you want to make your life easier, buy your food at a reputable place. Where you can see the best before dates and can inspect your vegetables and fruits when you take the stuff off the shelf.

* I can stretch a ruble just as well as I can a dime when buying groceries but I'm married to a Russian and live on a russian salary, so yes, those overpriced tickets will bankrupt me.My family needs the money just as much as anyone else.
    Get yourself Russian citizenship.

* I have friends in both Chicago and New York, and yes , there are lots of moderatly priced apts and homes there that are much bigger than the average Russian apt.
    Moderately? Like more than ten hundred bucks a month (rental or mortgage payments)? You can get an excellent apartment in Moscow for a lot less than that.

Почтенный гражданин
    * You have perihods and subways on EVERY busy street where you live? Please send me the address so I can move there.
    In my experience, they're there if you look. Besides, there's nothing like crossing the Garden Ring on foot to remind you that you're alive.

* If Moscow water is so safe why does every Russian here put silver spoons in it, boil it, filter it, and almost knock my head off if I even go near the faucet with a drinking glass?
    They won't shake hands across a threshold either. Superstitious lot. I've been drinking four glasses a day for nine months and I'm still intact.

*Oh, and shop at Перекресток. They'll hardly stretch your ruble and their batteries are in perfect working order. Excellent fruit, too.
    А если отнять еще одну?

Властелин
    Concerning Moscow tap water:
    Doctors don't recommend to use it for drinking without boiling it first. I remember that since kindergarten. And in hospitals there were also a lot of posters about it.
    "Happy new year, happy new year
    May we all have a vision now and then
    Of a world where every neighbour is a friend"

Почтенный гражданин
    Perhaps this explains my stomach cramps..
    А если отнять еще одну?

Почтенный гражданин
    I saw those posters. I think they mean just "fresh water".

I do not drink tap water in any country on this planet anyway. Unless I have no choice

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast