Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Mac Price

z80
    Почтенный гражданин

Big Mac Price

OK, this seems strange and all, and I hate McDonnads as much as the next anti globilisation protestor, but how much is a big mac where you live?

I ask this, because it's one of the very few things that I can think of that is available almost every where in the world, and so would be a good indicator of what prices are like in a country.

Here In Australia a big crap is $3.35

Oh, and for you americans, the burger, not the mc value meal.

Also see jokes section.....
    I hate Signatures

Почётный участник
    We haven't any McDonalds here
    And the price on any sandwich can vary from 0,3$ to 10$.

Почётный участник
    $.30????? Wow, that is cheep. I can't contain myself. I am going to live in Mexico or Russia when I grow up because everything is cheap.
    Agnus Dei, quitol lis pecata mundi. Miserere nobis.

mike
    Ugh, I wouldn't eat at McDonald's if they paid me 10 dollars every time I went in. By the way, it seems cheap to you because of your higher standard of living. If you lived in Russia and worked there I'm sure you'd suddenly gain a new perspective on just how inexpensive it really is.

By the way, here's a funny article I found because z80 made me curious about McDonald's prices.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/330844.asp

The guy (an American who moved to Russia) in it keeps talking about the free market in Russia, but his business plan was to buy hockey pucks for pennies from a government-subsidized factory and sell them in America for a dollar.

Почётный участник
    what is the foreign exchange rate now?

mike
    About 1:30.5

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    I think the last time I actually ate at mc donnalds was about 6 years ago.

To get that price I walked in to that place, looked at the price board, wrote it down, and walked out.

Funny thing, theres a crap donads in SA that is right over the road from the cemetery.

Thats good, because then you can eat the food, and by the time you walk over the road your dead, and then you can be berried right there.

I think that they should make maccas have there own cemetery's.
    I hate Signatures

Почётный участник
    so how much would a coke cost in Russia

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    5 rubles, same as in america after the war.
    I hate Signatures

mike
    Quote Originally Posted by z80
    Funny thing, theres a cr@p donads in SA that is right over the road from the cemetery.

Thats good, because then you can eat the food, and by the time you walk over the road your dead, and then you can be berried right there.

I think that they should make maccas have there own cemetery's.
    That's probably where they get the meat to begin with.

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    yerh mate. They are environmentally friendly, they recycle.
    I hate Signatures

Почётный участник
    You didn't understand me correctly. I don't know how much big Mac costs because it is no McDonalds in my city (about 1 million people). And 0,3 it is very very small sandwich with cheese or ham. But 1,5 l bottle of coke costs about 1$

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by jejik
    You didn't understand me correctly. I don't know how much big Mac costs because it is no McDonalds in my city (about 1 million people). And 0,3 it is very very small sandwich with cheese or ham. But 1,5 l bottle of coke costs about 1$
    You are lucky. When the put there crap donads here all of a sudden the streets where filled with junk food papers and crap.
    I hate Signatures

JB
    Старший оракул
    Two years ago I was in almost every McDonalds in Moscow (the only clean bathrooms in the whole city). The food was a lot cheaper than in America but you had to pay for catsup and there weren't any tables with free napkins, straws or salt.
    Also we bought a liter of soda for 17 rubles at the kiosks by the metro entrance (it cost more in stores).
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Почтенный гражданин
    I was in cr@p donalds only two times. First one—when I was a child, and second—in this February, in Moscow. Now I feel that I don't want to visit cr@p donalds more. I don't remember exactly how much BigMac costs, but surely it is not more than 1 american rouble (And, by the way, there is suspicion that Russia has exaggerated exchange rates, so maybe it is not right to measure and compare prices by american roubles).
    A girlfriend of my friend works in cr@p donalds and once she was saying to him what do they do there. My friend re-told it to me. I don't remember all, he said what meat they use for sandwiches and how it is looked, or how they take rusty, crushed cans of coca-cola and begin to pour it in plastic glasses. He ended his story with the phrase "Now I will never visit cr@p donalds"
    Jejik, you live in a good town. My town has a bit more than 1 million people too, but it already has two cr@p donalds. It is more than odd because Tatar nation, that lives here, has wonderful national meal and I don't understand why american cr@p is more popular than it. Many people in Russia call cr@p donalds "restaurant"…

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    Crap donalds is good for one thing. When theres anti america protests here we only have two or three visable american symboles, and what better way to show your anti americanisum than by going to your local crap donalds and smashing there windows.

TU, apparently some people in Australia call the stuff crap donalds makes food too. Idiots.
    I hate Signatures

Почтенный гражданин
    It seems to me especially families with children go to MacDonalds here in Belgium. I believe the parents think it relaxing because the children enjoy it. The question arises: why do children enjoy it? Advertisements, toys the easily recognisable food (children are extremely conservative). I am horrified how much junk food and sugar is given to children nowadays. My impressions is that Russian do a better job at feeding their children (especially in the mornings!!).

JB
    Старший оракул
    I don't care for the food but I hope they don't blow up the Mc Donalds in Moscow, I'll need those clean bathrooms in August.

z80
    Почтенный гражданин
    McDonads is a well oiled marketing machine, and they market directly to children, who then apply that pressure to there parents.

My friends kids aways want to go to crap donnalds, because they associate the food with a toy as well. After they stopped eatting the food, and just wanted the toy, I started not letting them have the toy.

Now they don't want mcdonalds so much.

As I type this, during the saturday morning cartoons, theres an ad on for crap donalds and there not even advertising the food any more, there advertising that you get a muppets toy.

I do think that Russians and eupropeans look after there children more than what we do in the west. My russian language teacher in 1994 (For 2 weeks before she moved) had a 6 year old, and she was always fussing over her. It was really cute.

I guess in Russia there not as much of a prisioner of big bussiness yet.

Oh, also, mcdonalds latest campain during the evening time is called mcdonalds uncovered, where they are almost saying that there food is nutritional.

I think this is good, because obviously it will be good to see people sueing them in the future saying "I though maccas was health, they said so in there ad"
    I hate Signatures

JB
    Старший оракул
    The McDonalds' in Moscow were always packed (at least 15 minute wait in line) with Russian kids and their parents. There's also other American fast food style chicken places (one was in GUM) along with fast food kiosks everywhere. How much nutrition do you think is in ponchiki ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast