Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust...

Quote Originally Posted by adoc
    I am quite surprized by the fact that she was killed. I was once referred to her articles by someone who labeled her as a "courageous investigative journalist". Naturally, I read two or three of her articles and I did not find anything investigative about them. Just some general bs I could compose in a certain bitchy mood without having to even get up from the chair. I mean, anyone can write that type of opinions, there are terabytes of that cr@p based on zero specifics everywhere on the web. I finally concluded that the person who recommended her has no slightest idea of what investigative journalism is.

I dunno, maybe my opinion was formed too fast, but at a first glance her work did not look like something of outstanding value. And now she is killed for being an investigative journalist? Kinda hard to believe. Is there a proof of that? Was there a note found somewhere saying "die, you, ...ummm... investigative journalist". Is it possible that she simply borrowed the wrong person's money and did not return?
    Well even if she might have been unbeknownst to us, she did win a couple of international prizes for her work. Journalistic prizes that is. So she couldn't have been a total whacko and was soomewhat known in the journalistic circles...
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Well even if she might have been unbeknownst to us, she did win a couple of international prizes for her work. Journalistic prizes that is. So she couldn't have been a total whacko and was soomewhat known in the journalistic circles...
    That's just politics.
    I'm sure she wouldn't win her prizes if she critisized chechen terrorists.

For some reason West considers the fact she criticized Russian government worthy of reward regardless of the value of her materials.

I knew someone would say that! Bring out the evil 'West' with no independent institutions capable of independent thought... we've heard it before. What does the 'West' mean anyway? If I, a citizen of "the West" say that I saw skinheads beating an Asian in Russia, I'd be blown off as some Westerner criticizing Russia. I have a so-called hidden agenda...

The fact is that you are talking just politics, because you have don't know what she received the prizes for, who gave it to her and for what reason
    Am I right? After this post you will probably do some research, but I am just reacting to your "automatic reaction" to blame the West of partisanship...

Завсегдатай
    I knew someone would say that! Bring out the evil 'West' with no independent institutions capable of independent thought... we've heard it before.
    Who said it's evil. But it is politics anyway.

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Вот. Ужасы продолжает... А конечно, я знаю, что кто-либо скажет "А чё? Сколько убийств было в Нью Йорке или Лондоне?!? Американцы и Европейские просто хотят критиковать Россию, пока они игнорируют свои проблемы. " А конечно он будет прав в каком-то смысле -- тем не менее, я считаю, что пять из шестых крупные лица, а для этой причиной, эти убийства важнее чем типичные...

http://www.russiablog.org/2006/10/itart ... .html#more
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    Вот. Ужас_ продолжается... онечно, я знаю, что кто-нибудь скажет: "А чё? Сколько убийств было в Нью Йорке или Лондоне?!? Американцы и европейцы просто хотят критиковать Россию, пока (?) они игнорируют свои проблемы. " И, конечно, он будет прав в каком-то смысле -- тем не менее, я считаю, что пятеро из шести -- крупные лица (фигуры, etc.), а по этой причине_ эти убийства важнее, чем типичные...

http://www.russiablog.org/2006/10/itart ... .html#more

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Главный Вопрос:
    Что хуже -- убийства в России или Бармаленина грамматика?
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

нет, это просто не выносимо! Давай делаем интернетный протест убийств в России!!!

Почтенный гражданин
    нет, это просто не выносимо! Давай делаем интернетный протест против убийств в России!!!
    Вопрос только против кого протестовать. Боюсь, что того, кто убил наши протесты, вряд ли сильно волнуют.

мы не против кого, а против того, что в России убивают людей! Особенно журналистов и банкиров! У меня знакомые журналисты в России, теперь боюсь за их жизнь!

Почтенный гражданин
    мы не против кого, а против того
    А как можно протестовать не против кого, а против того? Мы же не протестуем против дождя или зимы. Мы протестуем против кого-то, против чьих то действий.

Завсегдатай
    "А чё? Сколько убийств было в Нью Йорке или Лондоне?!?
    Я предполагаю, что количество убийств в России намного больше, чем в Англии или в Америке, особенно убийств заменитых людей.

нет, это просто не выносимо! Давай делаем интернетный протест убийств в России!!!
    А вы читали Ильфа и Петрова?
    У них в одном рассказе есть замечательная фраза: "Не надо бороться за чистоту улиц -- надо подметать."
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Завсегдатай
    бармалеева грамматика
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Завсегдатай
    нет, это просто невыносимо!
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Почтенный гражданин
    Мы уже протестовали все 90 годы - работать пора.
    Единственное, что люди любят давать бесплатно - это советы.

Властелин
    She might have won a prize or two, I don't know much about journalistic prizes. However, whatever I read did not represent a tiniest threat to the Russian government. In all honesty, given the degree of trust the russian media has among Russians (justifiably so), it would not represent a threat to a local milkman. And now how do we learn about the Hollywood style assassination of the famous journalist who would give her life for truth and her beloved country? Right, from the media again. It just doesn't add up. I bet in the end it'll turn out that a crazed neighbor killed her over a cat. Unfortunately, that wouldn't cause a sensation.
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Почтенный гражданин
    Guys, I want to say something of critisizing Russia in Western media.
    I've read Western papers on www.inosmi.ru & www.inopressa.ru for 3 years. I also sometimes visit English papers' websites to read original publications. I think that 80% of publications of Russia is bias. It's not sheer lie, they are too smart to write something like that, but

1. Western journalists rarely ask Russian newsmakers of their opinion. They seldom ask ordinary Russian people what they think of some political or social event in Russia. On the contrary, they tend to use so-called "experts on Russia". (Oh, Is there any school or university that gives the degree in "experting on Russia"?) These "experts" are either Russians who work in Western funded NGOs, or Westeners who visit Russia two or three times a year to meet with Russian "experts". The fact is that both of these groups are not independent. NGOs can't be independent since they are funded, directly or indirectly, by Western governments. Most of these people are virtually unknown in Russia and their opinion has not credibility among ordinary Russians. Politkovskaya is a good example. It's very easy to pose oneself as an "expert" if nobody knows you and you say or write something that pleases people in the West.

2. Most of Western journalists don't speak Russian or their Russian is very poor and, therefore, they can't read Russian quality press (both state controlled and oligarchs controlled) or directly ask questions to Russian people.

3. Most of Western journalists live in Moscow spending their time in night clubs or with whores. They seldom visit other cities exept Moscow or SPb and, therefore, have no consistent view on life in Russian province.

Почётный участник
    I wondered how she could survive so long. If one doesn't keep one's mouth shut, one soon ends up in the graveyard, it was like that in Stalin's Russia, it is the same in China, in today's Russia (thanks to Putin) and in all totalitarian countries.

In my country most people think that she did important work in revealing the atrocities of Putin's army. Of course, my opinion may be affected by the fact that I live in a country which has been oppressed by Russia for the last 100 years.

Почтенный гражданин
    I wonder why nobody of Western journalists revealed atrocities of Chechen terrorists in 90s. Oops, sorry. That was Paul Khlebnikov.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast