Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: An alternative view of the USA & some other countries

Crocodinner to be expected.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Увлечённый спикер
    I usually dont agree with Hanna. But in this case i agree. I dont understand why we(the US) need 30k troops in S Korea. The South Koreans are rich enough and can take care of themselves now. I could not believe the base i was stationed at as a child (in Germany) was just shut down 2 years ago. Seems to me its like 15 years and probably 75 million $'s too late. The only reason for the base i was stationed at to exist was to blunt a USSR attack. Seems pointless when there is no USSR. For that matter i dont understand why we are still in NATO. We usually end up doing 70% of the dying on NATO outtings. Sound like a bad deal for the US. Outside of Afgahnistan i dont see any pressing reason for having bases anywhere other then in the US.

It's not that I approve or disapprove of the US bases. It's just been many times already that Hanna threw the "brainwashed" label in the face of the others (or the other nations altogether). I think I was able to show that Hanna is not less brainwashed than a typical person. And when two brainwashed people start 'discussing' their 'point of view' then - yes - it's fruitless as they can't even justify their point logically let alone change their mind. I think having such conversations over dinner would just ruin the dinner. That's why I guess it's not allowed to mention politics "in the best homes of Paris".

Hanna
    Well, I argue about it because I care about it!
    Part of the reason I mention it is because I hope that someone who sees it (particularly an American) would think: "Why is my country doing this?"

But if you, Crocodile don't care either way, then why get involved in the discussion!?

If I am brainwashed because I want countries to look after themselves, not invade other countries and not meddle in the affairs of other countries and because I don't want multinational corporations to run the world.... then I am proud to be brainwashed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    If I am brainwashed because I want countries to look after themselves, not invade other countries and not meddle in the affairs of other countries and because I don't want multinational corporations to run the world.... then I am proud to be brainwashed!
    Nuff said.

Well, if a person has opinions that doesn't automatically mean he or she is brainwashed. As it-ogo pointed out earlier, the difference lies in the fact that a person with opinions still have the ability for critical thinking while a brainwashed person doesn't. Ideas or ideology are nice until the moment you stop being openminded. It's when you put your brains to stone about something there is nothing to talk about. As far as I know there is no such thing as 'good ideology'. The world changes every minute and so must the assorted ideas. The idea that doesn't change is trash.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo View Post
    Crocodinner to be expected.
    Please read the following link before being so sure: Наш ответ Чемберлену - Blogs - MasterRussian.NET

...But if you, Crocodile don't care either way, then why get involved in the discussion!? ...
    Let me! Because he can. And I'd say that there is no chance that he wouldn't care.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Hanna
    Sorry I got a bit carried away on this thread! I really have to stop my ranting in this forum! Will start that blog I keep talking about...
    Gosh, I need to remember that I come here to learn Russian, not to rant about political matters beyond my control....

Well, political ranting (in France it is called "discours", in Russia - "срач") can be very useful for your learning if performed in Russian. In addition it is a good way to enjoy just "because one can".
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Yes, Hanna, you should try ranting in Russian. )))
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Sorry I got a bit carried away on this thread! I really have to stop my ranting in this forum! Will start that blog I keep talking about...
    Gosh, I need to remember that I come here to learn Russian, not to rant about political matters beyond my control....
    Hanna, please don't worry about it. It fine to get carried away here and there. We all do.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Hanna
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil View Post
    Yes, Hanna, you should try ranting in Russian. )))
    Watch this space or stay tuned, as the Americans would say!!

Thanks for the encouragement! I am practicing every day, and getting better but we'd have to rename the lounge to "Comedy" if I tried ranting in Russian....

Russian is easily three times harder than any other language I studied - because of the grammar. So it's taking me longer to make progress than I had ever imagined.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789