Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: блына

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Have you ever seen anybody of Russian celebrities to use that sort of things on the TV? Of course, you haven't!
    F*ck is almost acceptable on the USA's television so, I think, it sounds mcuh calmer=)
    How'd you know? I doubt you can here F-word on TV. It sounds calmer to most Russians because it's a foreign word.

And there're even many variations of f*ck that give you a completely different meaning that has nothing to do with f*ck itself.

@@@@ good
    @@@@
    Interesting examples. Lol

If you say that, it just means you don't know foul language because you can do the same with е*ать. Off the top of my head:

Аты аты баты близок час расплаты,
    зае*али наряды, зае*али лопаты.

Она невъе*енно хороша! (She's f*cking good!)

Ё*аный поезд опять опаздывает!

Васю опять нае*али на рынке.

Увлечённый спикер
    е**ть is completely out of use on Russian television, whereas f*ck can be heard quite often in the USA, uttered by a celebrity! A celebrity!

Of course, your е**ть has many other meaningful variations, too, but they do sound much ruder in comparison with their English counterparts.
    Always striving for proficiency.

Завсегдатай
    е**ть is completely out of use on Russian television, whereas f*ck can be heard quite often in the USA, uttered by a celebrity! A celebrity!
    Well, let's ask guys from the US, kalinka, black mage, ddt, fantom, saibot, kwatts, chaika and others tell us the truth.

Of course, your е**ть has many other meaningful variations, too, but they do sound much ruder in comparison with their English counterparts.
    Here we go again. They sound ruder to you! And I told you why. And kwatts59's post confirmed my guess.

Завсегдатай
    I hear f*ck on the tv all the time but only later in the night - after 10pm.

By the way, how do you say something is "f@cking awesome" or "f*cking cool?" Can the Russian word have these kind of good connotations like in English?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    I hear f*ck on the tv all the time but only later in the night - after 10pm.

By the way, how do you say something is "f@cking awesome" or "f*cking cool?" Can the Russian word have these kind of good connotations like in English?
    I never hear f*ck on TV. Maybe on the cable TV and R-rated movies but never on the major public access networks. Occasionally the F word is said on TV but it is always censored out.
    Какая разница, умереть богатым или бедным?

Какой толк от богатства если ты не счастлив.

Увлечённый спикер
    net surfer -- You mistake me for someone else - I'm not a Russian.

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    This alleged casual use of the F-bomb in the USA is somewhat suspect. I cannot say how rude е*ать is on the "rude-o-meter," but I can comment on its rought counterpart here.

You will NEVER hear f*** on network TV programs (excepting for a moment live broadcasts, which are a different beast)-- there was actually a famous comedy routine done by George Carlin on the "Seven Words You Can't Say On TV," of which f*** was one. You have to understand that these channels are tightly-regulated by a government watchdog, the Federal Communications Commission -- they'd dish out a fine in a heart-beat. There is needless to say, controversy at times -- like when Janet Jackson had a "costume-malfunction" at the Super Bowl on national TV.

Once you start talking about cable/satellite channels, however, the rules change completely; I think basically anything goes on HBO, for instance -- all the f-bombs, frontal nudity, and graphic violence your little heart desires... And of course Hollywood movies have no real oversight either.

Day-to-day conversation in certain circles definitely brings with it the casual dropping of the f-word -- in many, many forms -- adjective, noun, verb, take your pick (hmm...no adverb though? anyone want to coin the term "f***ingly?").

The bottom line is you will not encounter fack in any kind of official venue, but beneath that veneer, there's alway an f-bomb to be lobbed...
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    This alleged casual use of the F-bomb in the USA is somewhat suspect. I cannot say how rude е*ать is on the "rude-o-meter," but I can comment on its rought counterpart here.

You will NEVER hear f*** on network TV programs (excepting for a moment live broadcasts, which are a different beast)-- there was actually a famous comedy routine done by George Carlin on the "Seven Words You Can't Say On TV," of which f*** was one. You have to understand that these channels are tightly-regulated by a government watchdog, the Federal Communications Commission -- they'd dish out a fine in a heart-beat. There is needless to say, controversy at times -- like when Janet Jackson had a "costume-malfunction" at the Super Bowl on national TV.

Once you start talking about cable/satellite channels, however, the rules change completely; I think basically anything goes on HBO, for instance -- all the f-bombs, frontal nudity, and graphic violence your little heart desires... And of course Hollywood movies have no real oversight either.

Day-to-day conversation in certain circles definitely brings with it the casual dropping of the f-word -- in many, many forms -- adjective, noun, verb, take your pick (hmm...no adverb though? anyone want to coin the term "f***ingly?").

The bottom line is you will not encounter fack in any kind of official venue, but beneath that veneer, there's alway an f-bomb to be lobbed...
    Must be an American thing.

Завсегдатай
    net surfer -- You mistake me for someone else - I'm not a Russian.
    Oops... were are you from then?

Russian is f*cking cool because you can use rude words with both connotations :)

Like: х*ёво = bad, ох*енно = good; пи*дато = good, пи*дец = bad.

Прожив в России 10 лет американец так и не понял почему пи*дато – это хорошо, а х*ёво – это плохо, но более непонятным для него было: почему пи*дец – это хуже чем х*ёво, а ох*енно – это лучше, чем пи*дато.

Must be an American thing.
    Aren't we talking about American TV?

Завсегдатай
    That's f*cking awesome! :P
    *=у and з, right?
    Are these words just exclamations, or adverbs? К сожалению, мой словарь не включает эти слова.

о*хуЕнно п*издАто, п*издЕц - Correct stress?

Aren't we talking about American TV?
    It's possible.

Завсегдатай
    The letters are right, they're adverbs, stress is correct. Good job!

Властелин
    e*at' is definitely a great deal more rude than f*ck, 'trahat' is imo less rude than either one but unlike f.ck it is mostly (but not exclusively) used for its direct meaning
    it does sound pretty straightforward though, and if you do not know the person you are addressing too well you might want to avoid it to look more refined, so as not to hurt your chances. But it would be ok to use it the next day to discuss the event with your friends, and it would probably be just fine with the same person too, once maintaining the appearance of refinement gradually becomes less crucial.
    ^_^

I have purposely held my finger (well, I was going to write held my tongue, but seeing this is a internet forum), but I think we can clear this up with the following info:

f*** is very rude if you use it as its original meaning. Like "let's f***" I draw parallell lines to the russian equivalent е****

BUT, it can be used as an adjective, adverb, etc. etc. with less rudeness attached to it. In this case it is more like the russian бл*. Something you could use for emphasis, but certainly not something you would say to you grandmother.
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    The F word is the most insulting word in the English language.
    There is nothing more insulting than to say "f*ck you" to someone.
    If somebody says "f*ck you" to you, then you have the right to beat him up with a baseball bat.

Can you say that about е*ать?

That's f*cking awesome! :P
    *=у and з, right?
    Are these words just exclamations, or adverbs?
    Adverbs.

о*хуЕнно п*издАто, п*издЕц - Correct stress?
    Correct.

К сожалению, мой словарь не включает эти слова.
    Скорее, к счастью.
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by kwatts59
    The C word is considered much worse around here.

Увлечённый спикер
    Kwatts59 wrote:
    I have to disagree. As scotcher said, the C word is worse.
    This is a fact.
    These words are all ranked according to their rudeness -- the C word has the highest 4th rank, whereas the F -- 'only' 3... So there.

Завсегдатай
    Kwatts59 wrote:
    I have to disagree. As scotcher said, the C word is worse.
    This is a fact.
    These words are all ranked according to their rudeness -- the C word has the highest 4th rank, whereas the F -- 'only' 3... So there.
    I agree. The c*nt word is probably more offensive.

Властелин
    I seem to be missing something. What word are you talking about?
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDSanchous
    I seem to be missing something. What word are you talking about?
    You may try solving this problem by the applying the famous method of "guess and verify". The last post by kwatts provides a good starting value.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast