Thread: Tree Diagram of this sentence

Новичок

Question Tree Diagram of this sentence

Hi all , in generative grammars issue , I am going to find the tree diagram of sentence below , but I cannot done that. what is the tree diagram of :

-- процесс эмиграции из россии также в основном связан с отъездом из стран в постсоветский период талантливых учёных ,высоквалифицированных специалистов и деятелей искусства --

Почтенный гражданин
    I have never heard about tree diagram of sentences.. I have read about this in Wikipedia) very interesting!
    But for me = this is difficult enough cuz your sentence isn't easy

In Russian school we don't do any grammar diagrams. We only display members of sentences: stress subject, predicate etc..

But I want to see the result of your work! very very very interesting!

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by daneshjoo View Post
    Hi all , in generative grammars issue , I am going to find the tree diagram of sentence below , but I cannot done that. what is the tree diagram of :

-- процесс эмиграции из россии также в основном связан с отъездом из стран в постсоветский период талантливых учёных ,высоквалифицированных специалистов и деятелей искусства --
    The group of the subject includes the subject itself (процесс ), its attribute - эмиграции, adverbial mod. of place - из россии

The predicate group starts with the predicate itself (связан), then comes prep. object - с отъездом, then follows ad. mod. of place - из стран, next is adv. modifier of time - в постсоветский период, where the adjective serves as an attribute. Final members of the predicate group are direct objects modified by attributes - талантливых учёных ,высоквалифицированных специалистов и деятелей искусства.

в основном is a parenthesis and it may be or may be not included in your diagram.

So, your tree should have two "branches": the shorter branch of the subject and the longer - of the predicate.

Maybe it is not exactly what you want but Generative Liunguistics is a blank space for most Russians. It is hardly taught even in high schools