Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Salesman terminology

Final conclusion: выпускается = производится totally the same. Correct?
    I think originally the meaning was: Выпускать = to allow to exit workshop's gate
    But now, it is simply "manufacture"

Вас беспокоит кожа быстро приходит в негодность?
    Вас беспокоит, что кожа быстро придёт в негодность?
    Вас беспокоит, что кожаный ремешок прослужит недолго?
    То есть:
    Стекло разбивается,
    механические приспособления (такие как часы) ломаются,
    материалы, такие как кожа, изнашиваются, приходят в негодность.

How about: Если я вычту скидку общая сумма получается 1000 евро? (I sound too foreigner?)
    Just a bit
    -Со скидкой получается тысяча евро.
    -Итого, со скидкой будет тысяча евро.
    (We try to avoid too formal "общая сумма")
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    "Невозможно передать смысл иностранной фразы, не разрушив при этом её первоначальную структуру."

Quote Originally Posted by maxmixiv View Post
    Выпускать = to allow to exit workshop's gate...
    To let people go out of somewhere.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

I have one additional question: I want to say to client that "We can design exactly the same ring with rubies instead of diamonds".
    How to you say design in this case?
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1986 View Post
    I have one additional question: I want to say to client that "We can design exactly the same ring with rubies instead of diamonds".
    How to you say design in this case?
    Мы можем сделать...

If the expected result of your activity is the drawing (or 3D model, whatever) only you can use "спроектировать", but anyway "сделать" with specification of what exactly to make is better.
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by it-ogo View Post
    Мы можем сделать...
    Or "изготовить", it means the same as "сделать" in the sense of "to produce", but sounds a bit more official or professional.
    Antonio1986 likes this.

An architecture when he designs a building what do you say in Russian.

An architecture when he designs a building what do you say in Russian.
    Проектирует.
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Три вопроса:
    1. Когда один клиент одевает одно украшение и говорит: "Не смотрится". Что это значит?
    2. Когда один клиент смотрит на витрине, который выключает ювелирные изделия и говорит: "Проба?". Что это значит: He wants to try something? He wants to know aobu the quality of something?
    3. Как зказать по русский: "We spend a lot of money in the advertisment and promotion of our products and services"

Dmitry Khomichuk
    1. Когда какой-нибудь клиент надевает какое-нибудь украшение и говорит: "Не смотрится". Что это значит?

Something small (when you hang something on, for example) is always - надевать; for any object - your or other person.
    It means that it doesn't fit/suit this person or his dress, etc.

You can use "один" that way: "Один из клиентов" or "Один клиент сделал <something>, а второй - <something else>".

2. Когда какой-нибудь клиент смотрит на витрину, которая выключает ювелирные изделия и говорит: "Проба?".

На витрине <- place. Means you are there and watching. You are staying on the showcase and watching somewhere.
    На витрину <- direction. Means you are watching that direction (direction of that thing). You are staying somewhere and watching at the showcase.

Выключает = turning off. May be you meant that it included jewelry? In Russian we always think that things are on the window.
    You can say: "на которой лежат ювелирные украшения."

Yes, I know that jewelry are usually inside a glass box. If you want to say inside you should use other word for the showcase.

Don't know what they mean. May be some slang for jewelry. Never bought it.

3. Как cказать по-русски: "We spend a lot of money in the advertisment and promotion of our products and services"

Мы тратим много денег на рекламу и продвижение нашей продукции (наших товаров) и услуг.
    Antonio1986 likes this.

Paul G.
    Три вопроса:
    1. Когда один клиент одевает одно украшение и говорит: "Не смотрится". Что это значит?
    "Когда какой-нибудь клиент надевает украшение и говорит".
    Some grammar Nazis like me merely can kill a person because of using the verb in this way.

"Не смотрится" literally means "the thing doesn't look well/effective" (to me or in this situation).
    For example, a buyer can ask you or their friend: "Как это смотрится?" or "Как это на мне смотрится?" or just "Как смотрится?"
    These questions mean "does the thing look effective?"

2. Когда один клиент смотрит на витрине, который выключает ювелирные изделия и говорит: "Проба?". Что это значит: He wants to try something? He wants to know aobu the quality of something?
    Проба = standard or purity, like 999 etc. They want to know how much pure gold the specific thing contains. We use the metric system in Russia, so for gold these are 375, 500, 585, 750, 958 and 999. If you use the karat system, you should convert values to the metric. Because many Russians don't understand karats.

If a person wants to try something, as a rule, they say "можно попробовать?", although it sounds weird for the jewellery or clothes. It's usually used for food or for the goods you can "toy with", like smartphones etc. Anyway, some people can say like that, so be ready.
    In your shop I rather would hear the question "можно примерить?" = "try on" (watches, rings, clothes) or "можно посмотреть?"
    Можно примерить эти часы?
    Можно посмотреть это кольцо? Я могу надеть его?

3. Как зказать по русский: "We spend a lot of money in the advertisment and promotion of our products and services"
    Мы тратим много денег на рекламу и продвижение нашей продукции и услуг.

Спасибо за подробный ответ Paul

grammar Nazis
    In my life only "Nazis" have been helpful.

The only way to learn: Humiliation, Insulting, making mistakes, uncomfortable moments, brain wash etc
    I don't want even to imagine what Russian are saying in front of me when I cannot communicate with them ...

Dmitry thank you for the corrections.
    смотрит на витрину
    Usually I think that Accusative is combined only with verbs of motion. But the correct definition is what you provided: what is the direction of the action.

Paul G.
    In my life only "Nazis" have been helpful.

The only way to learn: Humiliation, Insulting, making mistakes, uncomfortable moments, brain wash etc
    I don't want even to imagine what Russian are saying in front of me when I cannot communicate with them ...
    It was a joke, with a hidden sense, though.
    I assume they don't think about some special ways to humiliate you.
    Also I guess your Russian is not that bad. Just speak slowly and first build a phrase in your head before you pronounce it.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsms View Post
    I would say Часы делают в Швейцарии, or Часы производятся в Швейцарии.

Собираются is preferable for cars, bigger items like washing machines, kitchen equipment, home appliances.

Производить = to manufacture, produce, but also generate, extract from ground if it's natural gas, minerals. In Russian you can say Производство газа, производство электроэнергии (power generation), производство удобрений (production of fertilizers).

Выпускать in this context is generally 'make, pack, and ship product from a factory'. The meaning is not the same.
    Based on our discussion the word produce in russian is expressed with the verbs: производить, выпускать, создать (create).
    There is also the verb assemply which as I understood is expressed with the verb: собираться = be assempled.
    Now I found a new verb called: изготовлять.
    Как ето глалол отличается от вышеупомянутыx?

Now I found a new verb called: изготовлять.
    Как ето глагол отличается от вышеупомянутыx?
    Изготавливать/изготовлять vs производить.
    Производить - это от слова "производство" (цех, завод - в общем, промышленным способом)
    Изготавливать - более универсальное слово. Это может быть и кустарным процессом, но может быть и синонимом слова "производить".
    На упаковках продуктов равновероятно встретить "Производитель" и "Изготовитель", и дальше название фирмы или страны-производителя.
    Antonio1986 likes this.
    Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12