Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Russian term for bulbwell

  1. #1
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Northeast Ohio
    Rep Power

    Russian term for bulbwell

    Does anyone have an idea on a Russian equivalent of "bulbwell"? It appears to be a component on a large hydraulic fluid reservoir that allows replacement of electrical devices (temperature sensor, level gauge, etc.) without having to first empty the fluid from the reservoir. I've heard the term "цоколь" but I'm not sure if it is applicable here. Any opinions out there?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    My Time & Space
    Rep Power
    I think that bulbwell equals to lamp socket and thus it is translated in Russian as "патрон".

    Цоколь is a cap (a fitting closing the end of a tube)
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Similar Threads

  1. TV term translation
    By Freeloader in forum Learn English - Грамматика, переводы, словарный запас
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 24th, 2008, 04:58 PM
  2. Seeking long term help in translation
    By FedorSukhov in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 10th, 2007, 06:15 PM
  3. A term of Phonetics
    By Vladi in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2006, 04:48 PM
  4. Will Putin go for a third term
    By TATY in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: May 10th, 2005, 11:13 PM
  5. Will Bush go for a third term?
    By uno in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: May 10th, 2005, 03:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary