Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ...гораздо больше

  1. #1
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    11

    ...гораздо больше

    "Итак возраст - это одна из тем, которой не приятно касаться у русских. Но таких тем, конечно, гораздо больше"


    ...I do understand the first part, but the 2nd part looks a bit unusual to me :

    Does it mean..
    "But there're remarkably more topics of this kind in Russian"...??
    no pain, no gain

  2. #2
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    10
    i offer:
    age - its one of those topics that's unpleasant for russians to touch upon, but of course, there are many more such topics.
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

  3. #3
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Columbo
    i offer:
    age - its one of those topics that's unpleasant for russians to touch upon, but of course, there are many more such topics.
    You're right.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

  4. #4
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Columbo
    i offer:
    age - its one of those topics that's unpleasant for russians to touch upon, but of course, there are many more such topics.
    great, thanks for your help!

    I just wanted to make sure I got it
    no pain, no gain

  5. #5
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On 19 June, 1980
    Posts
    980
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: ...гораздо больше

    Quote Originally Posted by krobatshov
    "Итак возраст - это одна из тем, которой не приятно касаться у русских. Но таких тем, конечно, гораздо больше"


    ...I do understand the first part, but the 2nd part looks a bit unusual to me :

    Does it mean..
    "But there're remarkably more topics of this kind in Russian"...??
    Но таких тем, конечно, гораздо больше = Имеется ввиду, что тем, которых не принято касаться у русских очень много.

    (Я только не понял почему написно "больше", непонятно, ЧЕГО больше. ИМХО, должно быть "Но таких тем, конечно, довольно много", или там был контекст, который ты забыл процитировать)

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: ...гораздо больше

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuvak
    Я только не понял почему написно "больше", непонятно, ЧЕГО больше
    Больше ОДНОЙ - которая о возрасте.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Similar Threads

  1. всё больше
    By sperk in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 10th, 2009, 07:09 PM
  2. больше/более похож
    By doninphxaz in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 12th, 2008, 06:58 AM
  3. Не поверишь, всё гораздо проще
    By Mordan in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: June 19th, 2006, 05:42 AM
  4. Она не верит больше в любовь
    By kwatts59 in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2005, 03:41 AM
  5. Пишите больше
    By V in forum Говорим по-русски
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: April 11th, 2003, 01:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary