Thread: Your syllabus greatly helped me/Proud of this translation/Correct please

heartfelty

Your syllabus greatly helped me/Proud of this translation/Correct please

Various elements in the emperor's background have been cited to help account for his baffling character.

Разные елементы что происхождении от императоре отмечали помогать отчитываться на что загадочиой своиство.

Властелин
    В различных источниках указывалось, что причиной трудного характера императора могли быть некоторые особенности среды, в которой он воспитывался и жил.

heartfelty
    Thank you. There were somethings I missed. I guess I have to re-enroll again in Russian language course next year. Thanks..

heartfelty
    Declension of Russian Adjectives

различ/ный - plural is

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by heartfelty View Post
    различ/ный - plural is
    plural forms
    nom. - различные
    gen. - различных
    dat. различным
    inst. различными
    prep. различных
    accus. различные

IDK if you know how to do the declension but this is how we learn it in Russian schools

1. take a word, for example: red (красный)
    2. To make it easier to yourself to work with adjectives, add a noun to it (imaginary). For example: red leaf - красный лист
    3. Now, for each case ask special questions to the word and answer it to yourself
    4. For nominative case, именительный падеж (literally - the case which gives names to objects or calls objects by names) the questions are: (у меня)есть кто? (у меня)есть что? and the answer is: (у меня) есть красный лист
    5. For genitive case, родительный падеж (literally means - the case which gives birth) the questions are: нет кого? нет чего? and the answer is: нет красного листа
    6. For dative case, дательный падеж (literally means - the giving(delivering) case) the questions are: дать кому? дать чему? and the answer is: дать красному листу
    7. For instrumental case, творительный падеж (literally means - the creating(making) case) the questions are: сотворён кем? сотворён чем? and the answer is: сотворён красным листом
    8. For preposition case, предложный падеж (literally means - the proposing case) the questions are: Думать о ком? Думать о чём? and the answer is: Думать о красном листе
    9. For accusative case, винительный падеж (literally means - the accusing case) the questions are: Винить кого? Винить что? and the answer is: Винить красный лист

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer View Post
    IDK if you know how to do the declension but this is how we learn it in Russian schools
    Questions technique does not work for foreigners. Even for native speakers it helps only to identify the case, when the correct declension form is already known intuitively. Correct sequence is:
    Винить красный лист - Винить кого/что? - Accusative case.

heartfelty, "в различных источниках" - plural prepositional because of preposition "в" in the sense of "in".
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?