Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Some words

  1. #1
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A place in La Mancha (Spain)
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    9

    Some words

    In the Prolog of a book it explains the target of commentaries that appear along with the exercices:
    "The target of the commentary is to make clear to the student the difference between his mother tongue and this he is studiying.
    Комментарии снабжены схемами и таблицами, которые наглядно представляют те или иные особенности русской фонетики."
    General sense of the phrase is clear but I would prefer a rather precise. The problem is how link "commentaries" with "supplies". Tks.
    En febrero, siete capas y un sombrero.

  2. #2
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Сварга
    Posts
    1,391
    Rep Power
    12
    It is present passive
    The commentaries are provided with/supplied with schemes and tables.

  3. #3
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Indra
    It is present passive
    The commentaries are provided with/supplied with schemes and tables.
    It is indeed a present passive construction, but the word снабжены is a past passive participle (as in English: provided/supplied)
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  4. #4
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A place in La Mancha (Spain)
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    9

    Past participles

    I thought in this meaning, but as it didn't fit in my "home-made" schemes of past participles (always in fieri)... :
    Past participle: с.в. -енн-, -нн-, -т-
    En febrero, siete capas y un sombrero.

  5. #5
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Past participles

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladi
    I thought in this meaning, but as it didn't fit in my "home-made" schemes of past participles (always in fieri)... :
    Past participle: с.в. -енн-, -нн-, -т-
    No.

    Firstly you have put "past participles". There are two types - active and passive. The one you have incorrectly summaried is the PASSIVE type. The actives looks completely different: Читавший

    Past passive participles =

    -н (short form) / -нный (long form)

    e.g. сделан / сделанный
    сделана / сделанная
    сделано / сделанное
    сделаны / сделанные

    -т (short form) / -тый (long form.
    открыт / открытый
    открыта / открытая
    открыто / открытое
    открыты / открытые




    In the predicate the short form is used.
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  6. #6
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A place in La Mancha (Spain)
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Past participles

    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladi
    I thought in this meaning, but as it didn't fit in my "home-made" schemes of past participles (always in fieri)... :
    Past participle: с.в. -енн-, -нн-, -т-
    No.

    Firstly you have put "past participles". There are two types - active and passive. The one you have incorrectly summaried is the PASSIVE type. The actives looks completely different: Читавший

    Past passive participles =

    -н (short form) / -нный (long form)

    e.g. сделан / сделанный
    сделана / сделанная
    сделано / сделанное
    сделаны / сделанные

    -т (short form) / -тый (long form.
    открыт / открытый
    открыта / открытая
    открыто / открытое
    открыты / открытые




    In the predicate the short form is used.
    Please, try to write all you have said in just one line more correctly than I did. Thanks
    En febrero, siete capas y un sombrero.

  7. #7
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Past participles

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladi
    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladi
    I thought in this meaning, but as it didn't fit in my "home-made" schemes of past participles (always in fieri)... :
    Past participle: с.в. -енн-, -нн-, -т-
    No.

    Firstly you have put "past participles". There are two types - active and passive. The one you have incorrectly summaried is the PASSIVE type. The actives looks completely different: Читавший

    Past passive participles =

    -н (short form) / -нный (long form)

    e.g. сделан / сделанный
    сделана / сделанная
    сделано / сделанное
    сделаны / сделанные

    -т (short form) / -тый (long form.
    открыт / открытый
    открыта / открытая
    открыто / открытое
    открыты / открытые




    In the predicate the short form is used.
    Please, try to write all you have said in just one line more correctly than I did. Thanks
    Are you being sarcastic or do you actually want it in one line?

    Because you shouldn't be summarising stuff so much. One line is not enough for quite complex grammar points.

    Look, here is my revision note for Spanish!:

    They speak it in Spain and other places.

    Wow....

    But if you must:

    Past Passive Particple (Short form / Long Form): -н / -нный, -т / -тый.
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  8. #8
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A place in La Mancha (Spain)
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    9

    Thanks

    Wunderbar !
    En febrero, siete capas y un sombrero.

Similar Threads

  1. Some words
    By radomir in forum Pronunciation, Speech & Accent
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 31st, 2008, 12:20 PM
  2. in other words
    By Lt. Columbo in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 11th, 2008, 10:18 AM
  3. many words
    By sperk in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: October 6th, 2006, 06:26 AM
  4. How do you say these words?
    By basurero in forum Audio Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 16th, 2005, 03:44 AM
  5. Any Russian words spelled like English words???
    By rusdave in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: March 30th, 2005, 05:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary