Thread: Russian homework, need help!

Новичок

Russian homework, need help!

Hello! I am a student from Poland and I learn russian at school but I have a lot of problems with this language. For Monday (3rd March 2014) I have to hand in a difficult homework. I have to choose an article in Russian newspaper and summarise/tell something about it like: What is the article about? From what kind of newspaper (name of the newspaper) it is etc.
    I would like to choose one about Sochi. Could you be that nice and help me with that? I really need to get a good mark

Here is a list of articles about Sochi Olimpics at lenta.ru - one of the most popular internet news portal in Russian.

I don't think the task is so difficult. I never learned Polish but normally I am able to get the essense of texts in Polish - even without Google translate or whatever. So I believe you can do similar thing with Russian text with some efforts.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Новичок
    thank you for this site : ) yeah I know polish and russian are similiar but I really can't stand the grammar even though it is the same as polish one. I'll try to summarise the article on my own then maybe someone would check it : ) But could you translate 2 sentences, please : )
    1. This article comes from the newspaper called...
    2. This article is about closing Sochi Olimpics

Quote Originally Posted by Iselilja View Post
    thank you for this site : ) yeah I know polish and russian are similiar but I really can't stand the grammar even though it is the same as polish one. I'll try to summarise the article on my own then maybe someone would check it : ) But could you translate 2 sentences, please : )
    1. This article comes from the newspaper called...
    2. This article is about closing Sochi Olimpics
    Yep, just checking looks more like constructive help with a homework.

1. Эта статья взята с сайта новостного интернет-издания "lenta.ru".
    2. Это статья о закрытии сочинской олимпиады.

Hanna
    Let's see what you wrote then?!

Новичок
    Okay I wrote russian sentences and translate them into english ones because there are a lot of mistakes, so this way you could understand what I wanted to write ; ) But don't be angry 'cause I really don't know russian and there are a lot of grammar mistakes ; ( Moreover I used Google translate.
    1.Эта статья взята с сайта новостного интернет-издания "lenta.ru".
    2.Это статья о закрытии сочинской олимпиады.
    3.В этом статья я читатала o Церемония закрытия Игр в Сочи. (In this article I read about closing Sochi Olimpics)
    4. церемония закрытия сочинской Олимпиады было вечером 23 февраля. (The Ceremony of closing the Sochi Olimpics was on 23 February in the evening)
    5. Церемония было красиво и (surprising?) (The ceremony was beautiful and surprising)
    6. люди были поражены с красочными костюмами танцоров. (People were amazed with colourful costumes of dancers) I don't think the word поражены is the right word ;/
    7. Организаторы показали русской истории и культуры (Organisators showed russian history and culture)
    8. В конце концов Мишку с московских Игр затушыл олимпийский огонь. (In the end the Bear blow out the olympic flame)
    9. Это было незабываемо олимпиада (It was unforgettable olympics)

1.Эта статья взята с сайта новостного интернет-издания "lenta.ru".
    2.Это статья о закрытии сочинской олимпиады.
    3.В этой статье я читала o церемонии закрытия Игр в Сочи. (In this article I read about closing Sochi Olimpics)
    4. Церемония закрытия сочинской Олимпиады была вечером 23 февраля. (The Ceremony of closing the Sochi Olimpics was on 23 February in the evening)
    5. Церемония была красива и неожиданна(surprising?) (The ceremony was beautiful and surprising)
    6. Люди были поражены красочными костюмами танцоров. (People were amazed with colourful costumes of dancers) I don't think the word поражены is the right word ;/
    7. Организаторы показали русскую историю и культуру (Organisators showed russian history and culture)
    8. В конце концов Мишка с московских игр затушил олимпийский огонь. (In the end the Bear blow out the olympic flame)
    9. Это была незабываемая олимпиада. (It was unforgettable olympics)

Hanna
    haha.... Google translate for language homework. What's your teacher's view on this approach?

And I thought I was cheating when I referred to literature guides rather than reading the actual book, back in the day.

Seriously, you shouldn't do that...

Новичок
    @it-ogo Thank you sooo much! ; ) спасибо!
    @Hanna my teacher sucks at learning ans she doesn't really care ;/ hah I always read literature guides rather than actual books and I never feel like cheating ^^