Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Russian Certificate

  1. #1
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Russian Certificate

    Last summer I studied in three cities in Russia, Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Nizhiy Novogorod. I had a blast, however I earned a certificate for my time there and its written in Russian. I dont speak (or read) Russian, so I was hoping someone could help me out. Huge thanks in advance!

    [/img]

  2. #2
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Russian Certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by FormerStudent
    Last summer I studied in three cities in Russia, Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Nizhiy Novogorod. I had a blast, however I earned a certificate for my time there and its written in Russian. I dont speak (or read) Russian, so I was hoping someone could help me out. Huge thanks in advance!

    [ pic]
    Federal Education Agency
    State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education
    Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Construction
    International Institute of Economics, Jurisprudence (Law) and Management

    Certificate

    Belgram Grant Patrick

    participated in
    Summer Business School 2006

    Date and Place of study
    May, 29 - June, 01, 2006 (34 hours)
    Nizhny Novgorod, MIEPM, NNGASU

    Professor, dr. F. Gogoll
    Institute director, dr. I.V. Arzhenovsky
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  3. #3
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Нижний Новгород
    Posts
    472
    Rep Power
    10
    It says that you took part in a summer business school in 2006 in Nizhny Novgorod, May 29 - June 1, 34 hours in total, in an university with a name given in a form of a weird sounding abbreviation (which is in fact the Architectural University, or "строилка" as we call it).
    Hello from Nizhny Novgorod!

  4. #4
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Cool thanks for the translation. Now when someone asks me what it says I can actually tell them rather than just saying, "I got it from studying in Russia."

    I look foward to visiting Russia again!

  5. #5
    Завсегдатай kalinka_vinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cali
    Posts
    5,771
    Rep Power
    15
    You spent all this time in Russia and you can't even read Russian?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Moscow,50 feet above the ground
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    14
    You see, Vinnie, it frequently happens here when people spend six years in MSU (МГУ) or Academy of medicine and get the degree and even then they do not know the subject at all.
    Я так думаю.

  7. #7
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    5,076
    Rep Power
    22
    When I've seen the professor's surname I thought the certificate is a fake. It's like the names they give to Russian "generals" or "drug lords" in B-movies: Pushkin, Dostoevsky, Gogol. LOL
    But I did find some traces of this guy in the Web. He exists.

  8. #8
    Завсегдатай kalinka_vinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cali
    Posts
    5,771
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    When I saw the professor's surname, I thought the certificate was fake. It's like the names they give to Russian "generals" or "drug lords" in B-movies: Pushkin, Dostoevsky, Gogol. LOL
    But I did find some traces of this guy on the Web. He exists.
    Now that you mention it, Гоголль is very лолль!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

  9. #9
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Yea considering all the time I spent there, Im also suprised that I didn't learn more of the language. I did learn a couple phrases though.

    Also, Gogoll wasn't a Russian name. I started my studies in Cologne, Germany (UASC or CUAS) and he was a professor there. We visited Russia spending some time at this school in Nizhiy Novgorod and touring Moscow and Saint Petersburg (one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen).

    The course in Nizhiy Novgorod was taught in English and German since a majority of the students were either German or American. Some of the Russian students spoke English or German and translated for those who knew neigher.

  10. #10
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerStudent
    Yea considering all the time I spent there, Im also suprised that I didn't learn more of the language. I did learn a couple phrases though.

    Also, Gogoll wasn't a Russian name. I started my studies in Cologne, Germany (UASC or CUAS) and he was a professor there. We visited Russia spending some time at this school in Nizhiy Novgorod and touring Moscow and Saint Petersburg (one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen).

    The course in Nizhiy Novgorod was taught in English and German since a majority of the students were either German or American. Some of the Russian students spoke English or German and translated for those who knew neigher.
    The Russians find the name Gogoll' amusing, as it's the name of a very famous Ukrainian writer of Russian literature, Nikolai Gogol' (with one L).
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  11. #11
    Завсегдатай BappaBa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Нерезиновая
    Posts
    2,115
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    it's the name of a very famous Ukrainian writer of Russian literature, Nikolai Gogol' (with one L).
    Как это верно.

  12. #12
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    5,076
    Rep Power
    22
    The fact is that names Gogol, Pushkin, Lermontov, Dostoevsky, etc. are quite rare (I haven't met a single person with such name in my life), so people associate then almost solely with the famous writers of 17-19th century.

    That's why the names they give to Russian spies in movies (and thus the name in your certificare) were hilarious.

    PS.
    General Anatol Gogol - "The Spy Who Loved Me" (1977);
    General Leonid Pushkin - "The Living Daylights" (1987)
    etc.

  13. #13
    Завсегдатай BappaBa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Нерезиновая
    Posts
    2,115
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    The fact is that names Gogol, Pushkin, Lermontov, Dostoevsky, etc. are quite rare (I haven't met a single person with such name in my life), so people associate then almost solely with the famous writers of 17-19th century.

    That's why the names they give to Russian spies in movies (and thus the name in your certificare) were hilarious.

    PS.
    General Anatol Gogol - "The Spy Who Loved Me" (1977);
    General Leonid Pushkin - "The Living Daylights" (1987)
    etc.
    У нас в армии самое оскорбительное ругательство было Джон. =) почти как Ганс во время ВОВ. Платим им той же монетой. =)

  14. #14
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    Surprisingly, they can also give strange names like Ivan Drago.

    There is a second-hand thriller "Pterodactyl", where characters have names Heinlein, Bradbury, Lem, Zelazny, and Burroughs.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

  15. #15
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    5,076
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtyom
    Surprisingly, they can also give strange names like Ivan Drago.

    There is a second-hand thriller "Pterodactyl", where characters have names Heinlein, Bradbury, Lem, Zelazny, and Burroughs.
    Very educational. A good movie for youngsters. ))

  16. #16
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Северо-Восточный Администритивный Округ.
    Posts
    3,471
    Rep Power
    15
    What about OFP with General Guba?

    HAhahAhHAhAHahA!
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

  17. #17
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    What about OFP with General Guba?

    HAhahAhHAhAHahA!
    The Czechs dislike the Russians since 1968. They made this game. Although I played OFP where the sides were changed and you played for the Soviets against NATO. Needless to say that I liked this version more
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  18. #18
    Завсегдатай BappaBa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Нерезиновая
    Posts
    2,115
    Rep Power
    12
    Что за гама? Расшифруйте аббревиатуру.

  19. #19
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Северо-Восточный Администритивный Округ.
    Posts
    3,471
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    What about OFP with General Guba?

    HAhahAhHAhAHahA!
    The Czechs dislike the Russians since 1968. They made this game. Although I played OFP where the sides were changed and you played for the Soviets against NATO. Needless to say that I liked this version more
    That version was horrible! You know why? Because you switch sides and join the resistance and help NATO fight the Russians!!

    I wish that he would have just stayed spetsnaz and fought to the end... But oh well.

    At any Rate, I played all 3 episodes of OFP plus just about every add on, still my fav game of all time.

    And yes... I'm always Russian.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

  20. #20
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    What about OFP with General Guba?

    HAhahAhHAhAHahA!
    The Czechs dislike the Russians since 1968. They made this game. Although I played OFP where the sides were changed and you played for the Soviets against NATO. Needless to say that I liked this version more
    That version was horrible! You know why? Because you switch sides and join the resistance and help NATO fight the Russians!!

    I wish that he would have just stayed spetsnaz and fought to the end... But oh well.

    At any Rate, I played all 3 episodes of OFP plus just about every add on, still my fav game of all time.
    No, this was a mod of 'OFP:Resistance'. In that version NATO invaded and the Soviets helped the locals to fight it over. No switching sides there. The only 'thin' moment is when you need to trade captured US tanks for Russian T72s. I wonder where the locals did find them And what were they going to do with an Abrams

    Anyway - it's the best game of this genre I've ever seen. I even made some missions myself (about mafia wars - there weren't any military, but there were a lot of expensive cars which I blew with RPG )
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. russian translation for my russian birth certificate
    By aitubek in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 15th, 2010, 03:43 PM
  2. translate: birth certificate
    By Johnroman in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 27th, 2006, 05:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary