Thread: Please help! Need a few sentences translated-phonetic in Eng

Новичок

Please help! Need a few sentences translated-phonetic in Eng

Please help me!! My boyfriend is visiting his mother in Russia. I have to call there on Christmas and speak to his mother. I want to be able to say a few sentences. I am a beginner and know a little bit of Russian, my pronunciation is pretty good, but can someone help me translate these few phrases below, phonetically? I do not read Russian yet, so I need the phonetic pronunciation, in English letters. Thank you very much.

Hello Zinaida!

I got help translating this, so I may not be able to understand your response, but I hope you can understand me. Please excuse my pronunciation.

I am so happy that you are with Oleg for Christmas. I know he and Oleg Jr. will have a great time skiing together.

It is so frustrating to not be able to communicate with you. I have been very bad at studying my Russian! I’m sorry!

I hope that we can meet in 2007. I hope that Oleg and I can come together to Russia or you can come to the U.S. I don’t want to wait much longer to meet you Zinaida…life is too short!

I wish you and Ivan all the best in the New Year. Good health and all the happiness in the world. God Bless you Zinaida.

Please tell Oleg to call me when he gets back. I love you Zinaida. Take care of yourself

Почтенный гражданин

Re: Please help! Need a few sentences translated asap.

Quote Originally Posted by hillary
    Hello Zinaida!
    Do you know her patronimic? Normally you are supposed to use it in a situation like this...

Новичок
    Mike - No I don't actually. I can't remember what it is. But it's okay, I've spoken to her before and just called her Zinaida and she knows that I don't know any better and she doesn't mind, I'm pretty sure! Thank you.

Почтенный гражданин

Здравствуйте, Зинаида! (Добрый день/вечер, Зинаида!)

Мне помогли с переводом, поэтому я возможно не пойму что Вы мне ответите, но я надеюсь, что Вы поймёте меня. Пожалуйста извините меня за моё произношение.

Я очень счастлива, что Вы проведёте Рождество с Олегом. Я знаю, что он и Олег маленький с удовольствием покатаются на лыжах.

Мне очень жаль, что мы не можем нормально поговорить. Я не слишком сильно продвинулась в изучении русского языка. Простите меня пожалуйста.

Я надеюсь, что мы сможем встретиться в 2007-м (две тысячи седьмом) году. Я надеюсь, что мы с Олегом приедем в Россию или Вы приедете в Штаты. Я не хочу больше откладывать встречу с Вами... жизнь слишком коротка!

Я желаю Вам и Ивану всего самого наилучшего в Новом Году. Отличного здоровья и много-много счастья. Пусть Вас благословит Бог, Зинаида.

Пожалуйста попросите Олега позвонить мне когда он вернётся. Я Вас люблю Зинаида! Следите за собой.

Новичок

Mike - I can't read Russian!!! I needed the phonetic English alphabet transalation...is that possible? Where I can read the pronunciation in English...I've seen this on the website. Do you know what I mean? I'm sorry that you took the time to do that in Russian. I tried to make it clear that I needed that and not the written Russian translation. If you have time or if anyone else knows what I need. Thank you very much.

Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    Здравствуйте, Зинаида! (Добрый день/вечер, Зинаида!)

Мне помогли с переводом, поэтому я возможно не пойму что Вы мне ответите, но я надеюсь, что Вы поймёте меня. Пожалуйста извините меня за моё произношение.

Я очень счастлива, что Вы проведёте Рождество с Олегом. Я знаю, что он и Олег маленький с удовольствием покатаются на лыжах.

Мне очень жаль, что мы не можем нормально поговорить. Я не слишком сильно продвинулась в изучении русского языка. Простите меня пожалуйста.

Я надеюсь, что мы сможем встретиться в 2007-м (две тысячи седьмом) году. Я надеюсь, что мы с Олегом приедем в Россию или Вы приедете в Штаты. Я не хочу больше откладывать встречу с Вами... жизнь слишком коротка!

Я желаю Вам и Ивану всего самого наилучшего в Новом Году. Отличного здоровья и много-много счастья. Пусть Вас благословит Бог, Зинаида.

Пожалуйста попросите Олега позвонить мне когда он вернётся. Я Вас люблю Зинаида! Следите за собой.

Почтенный гражданин

Mike - I can't read Russian!!! I needed the phonetic English alphabet transalation...is that possible? Where I can read the pronunciation in English...I've seen this on the website. Do you know what I mean? I'm sorry that you took the time to do that in Russian. I tried to make it clear that I needed that and not the written Russian translation. If you have time or if anyone else knows what I need. Thank you very much.

Hillary
    No problem! www.translit.ru makes it a snap! Please see below. The pronounciation is a little more difficult... You should probably ask someone to record it for you... I don't have a mic where I am now...

Zdravstvujte, Zinaida! (Dobryj den'/vecher, Zinaida!)

Mne pomogli s perevodom, pojetomu ja vozmozhno ne pojmu chto Vy mne otvetite, no ja nadejus', chto Vy pojmjote menja. Pozhalujsta izvinite menja za mojo proiznoshenie.

Ja ochen' schastliva, chto Vy provedjote Rozhdestvo s Olegom. Ja znaju, chto on i Oleg malen'kij s udovol'stviem pokatajutsja na lyzhah.

Mne ochen' zhal', chto my ne mozhem normal'no pogovorit'. Ja ne slishkom sil'no prodvinulas' v izuchenii russkogo jazyka. Prostite menja pozhalujsta.

Ja nadejus', chto my smozhem vstretit'sja v 2007-m (dve tysjachi sed'mom) godu. Ja nadejus', chto my s Olegom priedem v Rossiju ili Vy priedete v Shtaty. Ja ne hochu bol'she otkladyvat' vstrechu s Vami... zhizn' slishkom korotka!

Ja zhelaju Vam i Ivanu vsego samogo nailuchshego v Novom Godu. Otlichnogo zdorov'ja i mnogo-mnogo schast'ja. Pust' Vas blagoslovit Bog, Zinaida.

Pozhalujsta poprosite Olega pozvonit' mne kogda on vernjotsja. Ja Vas ljublju Zinaida! Sledite za soboj.

Новичок

thanks mike m

mike. thank you so much! you are a lifesaver. now what is that website that you are referring to? i went to it, but it is all in russian, so i don't know what to do with it? but i think i can read it phonetically...like i said, i do know a little russian and my pronunciation is okay, maybe she will understand me, with the exception of a few words. i can't thank you enough!
    happy new year!

There is a big problem - there are no accent marks in the translit, so she won't know how to pronounce words.

Почтенный гражданин

Re: thanks mike m

mike. thank you so much! you are a lifesaver. now what is that website that you are referring to? i went to it, but it is all in russian, so i don't know what to do with it? but i think i can read it phonetically...like i said, i do know a little russian and my pronunciation is okay, maybe she will understand me, with the exception of a few words. i can't thank you enough!
    happy new year!
    No sweat! The website allows for quick conversion between real Russian and transliterated Russian (not quite phonetic transcription, but Russian written with Latin alphabet anyways). I just can't imagine how you will make your boyfriend's mother to listen to your whole speech without interrupting you! I am afraid as soon as she starts talking you will be lost... Perhaps you should start with "Please don't interrupt me"- Pozhalujsta ne perebivajte menja

Новичок

chaika

Quote Originally Posted by chaika
    There is a big problem - there are no accent marks in the translit, so she won't know how to pronounce words.
    chaika - is there any way that can you put the accent marks in there? you're right, because as i'm reading it, i'm not sure where the accents are. i can only make out a few of the words that i do know how to pronounce, and where i know the accents are.

Новичок
    does anyone have a microphone or the ability to read this and send it to me in a wave file or something???? i know i'm asking for a lot here!! i really appreciate everyone's help with this......i still can't do anything on the translit website, because i can't read anything on there...

Почтенный гражданин
    does anyone have a microphone or the ability to read this and send it to me in a wave file or something????

MikeM is the MAN!!!!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Властелин
    Record it in a female voice so she can just play it over the telephone.
    Corrupting young minds since May 6, 2004.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMage
    Record it in a female voice so she can just play it over the telephone.

Новичок

Mike you are awesome!!

Incredible...I love technology!! I can't thank you enough Mike. This is great! I will practice tonight, as I have to call there tomorrow. Thanks so much to all of you that helped me with this....I like the suggestion about recording it in a female voice and playing it over the phone!! That's great....maybe I'll play Mike's version and she'll just think I have a really deep voice!!....and that I may be Russian after all! Thanks again. Happy New Year.

Властелин
    Take care of yourself = Берегите себя, not Следите за собой

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Indra
    Take care of yourself = Берегите себя, not Следите за собой
    Where were you a day ago