Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: more questions to translate please...

  1. #1
    Увлечённый спикер xavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    5

    Post more questions to translate please...

    Literary translation with the Russian way of thinking in a humorous lighthearted manner - questions are for a young woman:

    "I should of asked you what are the most important books in your library, the books you cherish the most or perhaps the books that have a special place on your shelves" (books in plural form)

    "What if the "монстр под кроватью" was in fact a very cute lovable raccoon actually living on a beautiful island - would that change your opinion?"

    "So have you decided yet which branch of the Law studies you will pursue - commercial, criminal or something else?"

    "Your portraits always highlight your amazing blue eyes - Imagine 20 years in the future, would you remember all the beautiful comments and compliments? Have you ever thought how it would make you feel?"

    thanks in advance for all the translators efforts!

  2. #2
    Почтенный гражданин Soft sign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    г. Новосибирск
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    25
    (I’m not sure if I have preserved the meaning of the sentences.)

    Quote Originally Posted by xavier View Post
    "I should of asked you what are the most important books in your library, the books you cherish the most or perhaps the books that have a special place on your shelves" (books in plural form)
    Мне нужно было спросить у тебя, какие книги в твоей библиотеке самые важные, к которым ты бережно относишься, для которых, может быть, есть специальное место на полке.

    Quote Originally Posted by xavier View Post
    "What if the "монстр под кроватью" was in fact a very cute lovable raccoon actually living on a beautiful island - would that change your opinion?"
    А что если «монстр под кроватью» на самом деле — милый и симпатичный енот, который живёт на красивом острове, — это изменит твоё мнение?

    Quote Originally Posted by xavier View Post
    "So have you decided yet which branch of the Law studies you will pursue - commercial, criminal or something else?"
    Ну что, ты уже решила, каким направлением юриспруденции будешь заниматься — торговым правом, уголовным правом или чем-то другим?

    Quote Originally Posted by xavier View Post
    "Your portraits always highlight your amazing blue eyes - Imagine 20 years in the future, would you remember all the beautiful comments and compliments? Have you ever thought how it would make you feel?")
    Твои фотографии всегда подчёркивают твои потрясающие голубые глаза. Интересно, лет через 20 ты будешь помнить об этих красивых фразах и комплиментах? Ты когда-нибудь думала о том, как ты потом будещь их воспринимать?
    Please correct my English

  3. #3
    Увлечённый спикер xavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    5
    Soft sign thank you for your contribution!

Similar Threads

  1. a few more questions to translate please...
    By xavier in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 11th, 2013, 06:33 AM
  2. more questions to translate please...
    By xavier in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 4th, 2013, 12:46 AM
  3. Two questions
    By Yuki in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 30th, 2012, 09:04 AM
  4. More Questions...
    By Dreams in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: March 16th, 2009, 02:50 PM
  5. My Three Questions
    By Rtyom in forum Learn English - Грамматика, переводы, словарный запас
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: March 15th, 2006, 10:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary