Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Jetzt geht die Party richtig los!

  1. #1
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    10

    Jetzt geht die Party richtig los!

    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TRANSLATE THIS.... I AM NOT EXPECTING IT TO BE GOOD, BUT I NEED TO KNOW.. THANX
    I DONT EVEN KNOW WETHER IT IS RUSSIAN, IT LOOKS GERMAN TO ME...
    IS THERE REALLY ANY CHANCE OF FINDING LOVER

  2. #2
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    10
    Haha, yes, it's German. Roughly, it means

    "Now the party goes off properly"

    or, probably implied "Now the party has started!" / "Let's get this party started!"

    It appears to be an album by De Randfuchten:

    <a href = "http://www.randfichten.de/musik/party.htm" target = "blank">Click here</a>

    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

  3. #3
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Германия
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    11
    Basically you are right.
    But I may add that this phrase is often used metaphorically and means something like "now things are getting interesting", "something really starts to happen" (not necessarily a party).

  4. #4
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    10
    Oh, yeah, sorry... That's how it's used in English also, it doesn't literally mean a party. It's an acceptable to the question
    "Are you ready to _______?"
    "Yeah, let's get this party started!"

    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

  5. #5
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    10
    Funny thing is that smilinste can't distinguish written German and Russian.
    The alphabets are different.
    Единственное, что люди любят давать бесплатно - это советы.

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Северо-Восточный Администритивный Округ.
    Posts
    3,471
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisquit
    Funny thing is that smilinste can't distinguish written German and Russian.
    The alphabets are different.

    Oh, you'd be surprised how retarded people can be. One time i was in german class, but i was reading a russian book. And the geniuses next to me where like "WOW is that german?!?!"

    Though i thought this breed of stupidity was only restricted to americans, but obviously i was wrong.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

  7. #7
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    On the ice
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    10
    Ach du meine G

  8. #8
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    10
    Jetzt geht die Party richtig los!

    This German sentence will make sense (although a bit awkward) even when translated verbatim into English (just changing the word order)

    Now the party goes really/right loose!

    Aus "Moskau" (Dschinghis-Khan)"

    "...Nachts da ist der Teufel los, a-ha-ha-ha-ha!..."

    Das macht's ein bi
    Anatoli - Анатолий - أناتولي - 阿纳托利 - アナトーリー - 아나톨리

  9. #9
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisquit
    Funny thing is that smilinste can't distinguish written German and Russian.
    The alphabets are different.

    Oh, you'd be surprised how retarded people can be. One time i was in german class, but i was reading a russian book. And the geniuses next to me where like "WOW is that german?!?!"

    Though i thought this breed of stupidity was only restricted to americans, but obviously i was wrong.
    Ignorance of foreign languages is mostly restricted to white English speakers (except Canadians :P ).
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

  10. #10
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    10
    It's sad to know that no matter how "culturally diverse" I am, and how well I speak a number of languages, I will still be labeled as "ignorant" and "stupid" because I am American, white, and I speak English.

    "Note to self: No matter how bad it seems, there is always beer."
    Aaahh, I feel better now.
    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

  11. #11
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Residing in an unknown place
    Posts
    1,400
    Rep Power
    11
    It's sad to know that no matter how "culturally diverse" I am, and how well I speak a number of languages, I will still be labeled as "ignorant" and "stupid" because I am American, white, and I speak English.
    It does NOT matter to me. I'm not saying this because I want to kind of support you, I'm saying this because I saw a few Americans while abroad and none of them seemed stupid or something to me. I think that (native) Canadians significantly resemble Americans. I think that (at least native) Canadians are pretty cultural. Don't worry, Fantom. At least, you live in one of the most developed countries in the world
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

  12. #12
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    798
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDSanchous
    Don't worry, Fantom. At least, you live in one of the most developed countries in the world
    And I have beer in the fridge!

    I'm just kidding, I didn't really mean that I felt that way, I know that a lot of Americans really are ignorant, and think that the rest of the world should comply with what we believe. (Just look at how we don't use the metric system, even though it's so much easier...) Some of us try, though... I'm content knowing that I'm not the "ignorant American" that people talk about, even though I'm American, white, and speak English.

    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

  13. #13
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Residing in an unknown place
    Posts
    1,400
    Rep Power
    11
    and think that the rest of the world should comply with what we believe
    I think that the rest of the world simply complies with what you do. Look at developing countries, most of them aim to develop their economies the way you did a few decades ago. I often notice how many things we're presently doing that have their roots in the States. I believe it's neither bad nor good. I just take it as a fact. It's called americanism.
    Maybe, many don't like America because they don't like Jews. It's well known that there are lots of Jews in the US and the US immigration law becomes a lot more merciful if you're Jewish. As for me, I don't care how many Jews live in the USA. I'm not Jewish though.
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

  14. #14
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    On the ice
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by fantom605
    It's sad to know that no matter how "culturally diverse" I am, and how well I speak a number of languages, I will still be labeled as "ignorant" and "stupid" because I am American, white, and I speak English.


    -Fantom
    People who label Americans that way are just displaying their own ignorance and stupidity.

  15. #15
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    10
    fantom605 wrote:
    It's sad to know that no matter how "culturally diverse" I am, and how well I speak a number of languages, I will still be labeled as "ignorant" and "stupid" because I am American, white, and I speak English.
    Biancca wrote:
    People who label Americans that way are just displaying their own ignorance and stupidity.
    So as I understand, the white, english speaking Americans are ignorant. People who label them this way are ignorant!

    And I am NOT ignorant because I am english speaking AUSSIE who likes (and doesn't label) Americans! Am I right?
    Чистая, полная печаль так же невозможна, как чистая и полная радость.

  16. #16
    Завсегдатай kalinka_vinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cali
    Posts
    5,771
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    So as I understand, the white, english speaking Americans are ignorant. People who label them this way are ignorant!

    And I am NOT ignorant because I am english speaking AUSSIE who likes (and doesn't label) Americans! Am I right?
    I disagree, black english speaking Americans are just as ignorant as white are. Let's not be racistic here!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

  17. #17
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    On the ice
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    10
    LOL Kalinka

    If white people say anything about blacks its automatically comsidered racist.

  18. #18
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Biancca
    LOL Kalinka

    If white people say anything about blacks its automatically comsidered racist.
    Do you not find this weird?
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

  19. #19
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    On the ice
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtyom
    Quote Originally Posted by Biancca
    LOL Kalinka

    If white people say anything about blacks its automatically comsidered racist.
    Do you not find this weird?
    I don't not find it weird

  20. #20
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    My Time & Space
    Posts
    6,559
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Biancca
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtyom
    Quote Originally Posted by Biancca
    LOL Kalinka

    If white people say anything about blacks its automatically comsidered racist.
    Do you not find this weird?
    I don't not find it weird
    So whites always get them down?
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A dinner party
    By strawberryfynch in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 8th, 2008, 10:30 PM
  2. So geht's im Leben!
    By Тостер in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: November 11th, 2005, 01:30 PM
  3. Comunist party
    By buso in forum Politics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: April 20th, 2005, 03:48 PM
  4. to party
    By brleealbright in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: February 24th, 2005, 10:14 PM
  5. some useful phrases after a party :-))
    By Victor in forum Daily Progress
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: December 30th, 2003, 11:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary