Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By bublinka
  • 1 Post By bublinka
  • 1 Post By bublinka
  • 3 Post By Paul G.
  • 1 Post By SergeMak

Thread: Book

Book

That is for sending to the chat. Trying to figure out the meaning Maybe you can also help me. Thanls alot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Иди и учи русский!

He luckily avoided the meeting with his landlady on the staircase. His small room was located under the very roof of the high 5-floor building, and it resembled a closet more than a flat. His landlady who rented him this flat with dinner and servants ... Here your framed text ends, but not the last sentence itself.
    If you need further translation, please tell.

I do not find this text easy, and it sounds old-fashioned Russian.
    impulse likes this.

Indeed, the text is tricky, even native speakers have to read carefully to understand it.

"...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

OMG. Dostoyevsky is extremely difficult and frustrating in all senses.
    "Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Quote Originally Posted by bublinka View Post
    He luckily avoided the meeting with his landlady on the staircase. His small room was located under the very roof of the high 5-floor building, and it resembled a closet more than a flat. His landlady who rented him this flat with dinner and servants ... Here your framed text ends, but not the last sentence itself.
    If you need further translation, please tell.

I do not find this text easy, and it sounds old-fashioned Russian.
    Thanks alot for the translation bublinka. If it is old fashinoned Russian I think it is better for me to not to read it. I need books in modern Russian. Do you know any good one?
    Иди и учи русский!

Well, I do not read much now, exept for the scientific articles. I'm not well acquainted with modern Russian literature. The last book that I read this summer is this Происхождение языка: Факты, исследования, гипотезы (fb2) | Либрусек.
    It is a very interesting book, but a bit scientific. You can try it if you like evolutional things
    As for me, when I learn languages I start with children books. For example you can try some book that you've read as a child in a translation. It would be easier if you know the plot, and you'll get the meaning of new words faster. Anyhow, the book has to be interesting to you, and I think this is not likely for Dostoyevsky. Personally I find his books very troubling emotionally, and humor literature is better for learning.
    impulse likes this.

Is that book about the birth of the language? That is what I understood from the book as I fastly look through it. It looks interesting. I will try to read it. It will be very difficult but I challange!

You are right about childeren books. But I never tried to find a childeren book that I have read when I was a child in a translation. I did not think about that. I can truly do that. I will search. Thanks alot.
    Иди и учи русский!

By the way, did you read Сын полка by Валентин Петрович Катаев ? Is it a childeren book?
    Иди и учи русский!

Yes, I've read it, though it was long ago. I guess it is a book for children (aged about 10 y.o.). I didn't like it much, because it is somewhat overloaded with patriotic propaganda, as it is a book about WWII. Or maybe it is just a book for boys, I don't know
    impulse likes this.

I see. Thank you.
    Иди и учи русский!

Paul G.
    impulse,
    you can try short stories for kids by the best Soviet children's writer Nosov: Сказки и рассказы Носова Николая Н. читать онлайн
    Benefits:
    1. Very funny
    2. Simple language
    3. Good Russian
    4. Lots of dialogs and common words
    5. Everyday situations

P.S. When I was a boy, I read all his books. Even now, when I found this link, I couldn't stop myself and read a couple of the stories.

Thanks alot Paul. I looked at two of his stories and they are really nice. At least the Russian in them is not like a crazy puzzle for me. I will read them all
    Иди и учи русский!

"Россия для русских" - это неправильно. Остальные-то чем лучше?

Почтенный гражданин
    Indeed, the text is tricky, even native speakers have to read carefully to understand it.
    I don't think so. The meaning of the text is absolutely transparent, there are only a couple of outdated word uses. For example, a modern Russian speaker would say "избежал" instead of "избегнул", "под самой кровлей" instead of "под самою кровлей". Everything else is completely normal for modern Russian.
    On the other hand, the language style of this book is heavy but it's quite appropriate for a story of a poor student obsessed with an idea of strong individualism going to kill an old woman with an axe.
    iCake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G. View Post
    impulse,
    you can try short stories for kids by the best Soviet children's writer Nosov: Сказки и рассказы Носова Николая Н. читать онлайн
    Можно читать и слушать в то же время: http://www.russiandvd.com/store/prod...29708&genreid=
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Paul G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    Можно читать и слушать в то же время: http://www.russiandvd.com/store/prod...29708&genreid=
    Yes, some stories were voiced and recorded. So impulse can read and listen to at the same time.