Quote Originally Posted by nicholieeee
any plans for the inauguration??
The big inauguration... That is one I have not talked about on the board yet! I know others have discussed the elections. For those of you who do not know the Inauguration basically shuts down Washington, D.C. for the day. Normally, all schools and businesses would stay open and I believe the Federal Government would have what they call "Liberal Leave" which allows employees the option of taking the day off.

Well this year because it is the first African American president, everything has changed. All but one school district have decided to close the schools for the day. This week, Washington, D.C. passed an emergency legislation to allow bars to remain open 24 hours and to service alcohol until 5 AM (just what we need). Plane tickets and hotel rooms are not available the entire week and I understand people are renting out their apartments for thousands of dollars. In short, it is going to be chaos the entire week.

Noramlly, DC has one of the worse traffic gridlocks in the U.S., just imagine what it is going to be like when they start clsing streets!

Now, I do not plan on attending. I will stay nice and warm in my house and watch it on TV (maybe).