Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visa denied.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia

Visa denied.

Well gidday there peoples! I was supposed to be going to Октябрски a few weeks ago but things got held up. I found out yesterday that the local office in Уфа rejected my passport and would not allow for an invitation. They gave no explanation. What do you think their reason was for being so rude to poor old DDT. No one seems to have any idea and I would sure like to know what the hell they are thinking.
    Over and out. DDT
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Do you really think they wouldn't find out that you are a spy?
    ~ Мастерадминов Мастерадмин Мастерадминович ~

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdmin
    Do you really think they wouldn't find out that you are a spy?
    Hmmm.....I was sure that would not be a problem for them as I sent them a a passport photograph of me drinking Baltika beer.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Почтенный гражданин
    Maybe they are trying to protect their cows? Or, maybe that girl you wouldn't send money to reported it to the authorities? Next time apply for a "Science" Visa, studying the dialects and accents of regional livestock ...
    Не балуй!

What type of visa were you doing? How ugly are you on your passport picture?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

BUMMER DDT!!!
    As KV asked, what flavor of visa did you apply for?
    I'm easily amused late at night...

DDT
    I am not sure that it made it to the actual "visa" part of the process. My passport (copy) was given to the Russian officials in Уфа, who rejected it there, in order to get an Invitation which I was then supposed to take to the Russian Embassy in San Francisco. I think it was for a 12 month multiple entry business visa but I am not sure because I did not see it. Anyway it was rejected before I had the Invitation. So in other words it did not make it even through the first step.

Властелин
    You must have forgotten to submit some forms... there's a green one with a picture of Ben Franklin on it... they need at least 5 copies in a plain white envelope.
    Corrupting young minds since May 6, 2004.

They won't allow explosives on their planes? Try changing your nick.

Почтенный гражданин
    Why are you writing in English about a problem that is of Russian origin? Do not look to Americans for help. Have you not read the American media opinions lately? The US and Russia are in a "new" Cold War! See you in hell "comrade".
    DO IT YOURSELF!

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly
    Why are you writing in English about a problem that is of Russian origin? Do not look to Americans for help. Have you not read the American media opinions lately? The US and Russia are in a "new" Cold War! See you in hell "comrade".
    Politics isn't all
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...us/mage7yu.jpg
    God granted me the serenity to accept the things
    I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    And wisdom to know the difference

I must be missing something... An invitation got shot down? OUCH!!!!!
    Scramble for a new sponsor that knows how to use the afformentioned "tribute". DO keep us up to date.
    I'm easily amused late at night...

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    I am not sure that it made it to the actual "visa" part of the process. My passport (copy) was given to the Russian officials in Уфа, who rejected it there, in order to get an Invitation which I was then supposed to take to the Russian Embassy in San Francisco. I think it was for a 12 month multiple entry business visa but I am not sure because I did not see it. Anyway it was rejected before I had the Invitation. So in other words it did not make it even through the first step.
    Were the officials in Уфа supposed to invite you to Russia? Are they you business partners?
    Налево пойдёшь - коня потеряешь, направо пойдёшь - сам голову сложишь.
    Прямой путь не предлагать!

DDT
    No, the "officials" I speak of are the Russian Immigration officials. The firm I was to work for submitted my passport to the officials in Ufa, who were supposed to supply me with the Invitation. Then I was to take the invitation to the Russian Embassy in San Francisco who would then send me a visa.

Старший оракул
    is your passport valid for at least 6 months? was the copy a good one?
    if you were going to be working for a firm you wont be on a business visa, that only allows you (in theory ) to check out potential business opportunities. it does seem a bit strange you got rejected... maybe you should try the independant route through a company like realrussia.com
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by chaika
    Vice versa! DDT - it is a name of most popular rock band in Ufa in the eighties.

DDT
    Quote Originally Posted by sintez
    Vice versa! DDT - it is a name of most popular rock band in Ufa in the eighties.
    Actually, the explosive is TNT.

Старший оракул
    Они отказались принять документы или отказали в выдаче приглашения после рассмотрения документов?
    Если первое, значит в документах техническая ошибка (например, неполные сведения, недействительный паспорт), нужно узнать какая и исправить.
    Если второе, то странно. Приглашение не связано с разрешением на работу в России? Может быть, у приглашающей фирмы нет разрешения на привлечение иностранных работников.
    На всякий случай, вот ссылка на закон.
    Налево пойдёшь - коня потеряешь, направо пойдёшь - сам голову сложишь.
    Прямой путь не предлагать!

DDT
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Columbo
    is your passport valid for at least 6 months? was the copy a good one?
    if you were going to be working for a firm you wont be on a business visa, that only allows you (in theory ) to check out potential business opportunities. it does seem a bit strange you got rejected... maybe you should try the independant route through a company like realrussia.com
    I am not sure which of my passports was used but if she took my New Zealand passport into Ufa maybe they didn't like the fact that a New Zealand passport was issued to an Australian out of the Washington DC offices. Who knows!

Cesar
    Actually DDT stands for Dichloro-Diphenyl-Trichloroethane, which is a powerful pesticide.

C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast