Thread: new visa regs.

Старший оракул

new visa regs.

have any of you guys heard about the new visa regs?? what do you think? it completely screws everything up for guys like me who get multi-entry exit business visas

im thinking of making an application for a temporary residence permit, but it looks A) a nightmare B) like its almost imposable to get one

what d'you guys reckon?
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

what are the new visa regs? I hadn't heard, isn't it still multi-entry, but you have to go out of the country at least once a year?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    what are the new visa regs? I hadn't heard, isn't it still multi-entry, but you have to go out of the country at least once a year?
    I believe it is something like, you can only work for 3 months and then you must leave for 3 months before you can work another 3 months. I don't think they are multiple entry either.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Старший оракул
    i think it only affects the one year multi entry exit business visas and means that for every 90 days in russia you must leave for 90 days. there are also some other tweaks like you can only pick up the visa from the embassy in the country you are from (i.e. no cheap train over to finland to do it there, but rather a new flight back to england to do it in london)

im still trying to find out more but its almost too early for anyone to know anything
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

So you can still get the student visa for a year? I think that is what I had... I had to negotiate to leave and return separately though

It;s interesting that Russia is just making it harder and harder for foreigners to come and visit...

Завсегдатай
    It;s interesting that Russia is just making it harder and harder for foreigners to come and visit...
    We need bridges!
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Властелин
    They've recently made it easier for people use tourist visas (easy to obtain) instead of visitor visas (difficult to obtain) though.

To register my tourist visa without actually paying for a hotel room I used to have to queue for hours at OVIR to get issued with an invoice, then go across town to a bank to fill in several forms, queue for a bit, pay the fee (3 roubles!) to pay the invoice, then take proof of payment back across town to OVIR (queuing a bit more) to submit my passport, returning a few days later (queuing for hours, obviously) to collect it.

Now I can do it all by post.

Result.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by scotcher
    They've recently made it easier for people use tourist visas (easy to obtain) instead of visitor visas (difficult to obtain) though.

To register my tourist visa without actually paying for a hotel room I used to have to queue for hours at OVIR to get issued with an invoice, then go across town to a bank to fill in several forms, queue for a bit, pay the fee (3 roubles!) to pay the invoice, then take proof of payment back across town to OVIR (queuing a bit more) to submit my passport, returning a few days later (queuing for hours, obviously) to collect it.

Result.

Or u could use russia-visa.com. After you mail them your passport, once you get to moscow (or piter) they register your visa in like an hour for like 200 rubles or something. I forget the exact sum but saving days and hours of line standing its worth the price.

I myself was amazed and shocked at the ease and expediency of it all.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    The new rules are unknown at this time. I mean that no one including Russian Embassy even knows how they will work. I am speaking of the new rules concerning the rest of the West apart from EU countries, which are stuffed. The rules were not put in place because of anti West sentiment but rather to stop people from Caucus and "Stan" countries.

Read it here: http://www.sptimes.ru/story/23373
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182

Result.

Or u could use russia-visa.com. After you mail them your passport, once you get to moscow (or piter) they register your visa in like an hour for like 200 rubles or something. I forget the exact sum but saving days and hours of line standing its worth the price.

I myself was amazed and shocked at the ease and expediency of it all.
    Yeah, I would if I was going to Moscow or Piter. Not much use to me though, since usually I'm not.

Завсегдатай
    Yeah, I would if I was going to Moscow or Piter. Not much use to me though, since usually I'm not.
    Well, I wasn't either . I flew into Moscow at around noon, the train left at 6. The visa was ready by like 4 and we still had time to eat dinner and go to red square before leaving Moscow.

You can put up to like 8 cities on your list as well so unless you're flying directly into Ахбарский край village population - 8, or wherever. It's pretty convenient.

Властелин
    We get picked up at the airport and head straight for the armpit of the world, I don't even set foot inside the MKAD.

Your itinerary is irrelevant anyway, as your destinations aren't written anywhere on your visa. The only place you need to list that is on the application.

It's all moot in any event. As I said, I don't have to do anything now except send Tyosha to the post office with my migration slip and her own passport. Easy.

Завсегдатай
    wheres the armpit of the world?

Властелин
    Ivanovo.

I was a bit unfair though. I forgot about Middlesbrough.

We get picked up at the airport and head straight for the armpit of the world, I don't even set foot inside the MKAD.

Your itinerary is irrelevant anyway, as your destinations aren't written anywhere on your visa. The only place you need to list that is on the application.

It's all moot in any event. As I said, I don't have to do anything now except send Tyosha to the post office with my migration slip and her own passport. Easy.
    Who is Tyosha? Your wife? Is that a nick for Katyusha? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge Lover
    We need bridges!
    I am not the bridge stealer!!!

Властелин
    теща
    жен.; мн. ч. -mothers-in law

mother-in-law (мать жены)

теща
    жен.; мн. ч. -mothers-in law

mother-in-law (мать жены)
    Oh... Well then say so, instead of Tyosha (notice the capitalized first letter), you make it sound like a real name. Not that it really matters, of course. Ignore me.