Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Special Russian Method against a cold or the flu?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Для того, чтобы предотвратить атаку гриппа, просто перестань мыть руки на каждом шагу.
    Ну может от гриппа это и поможет, не знаю, но дизентерию и тиф подхватишь тока так!
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Властелин
    Why are people from warm countries so worried about how we can survive extreme cold? And why do so many people believe that it is very cold in Russia? I agree that there are very cold areas in Russia. The territory they occupy is called permafrost, as you may know. But a very small proportion of the population of Russia lives in these areas. Even if we consider cities like Novosibirsk where it can get really cold, people don't complain about cold affecting their health unless heating is in good nick.

Even when temperatures in the Moscow area dropped as low as -30C last winter, I still played ice-hockey and didn't get a cold.

If you are dressed warm enough, the chance of hypothermia equals the chance of getting a serious sunstroke at very high temperatures without wearing any protective clothing.
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

Завсегдатай
    It is excruciatingly cold in Russia. Many foreigners coming to Russia for the first time turn up their toes within their first 10 minutes off the plane. I myself wear special protective gear for a week or two after returning from a trip to neigbouring Finland. Their cold is much more civilised and democractical and it pays taxes.
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Почётный участник

haha

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Tailors
    While in Russia, you live with -10 - 20. How do you cope with that?
    Got used to low temperatures
    I walked outside at -35 when I was in Siberia, fine
    madness madness lol do u die when u come to africa hahaha what did u walk out in a jacuzzi ???
    its my opinion - but its flexible

Завсегдатай
    mooman,there's nothing mad about going out when it's -35C - it's not as cold as your propaganda ridden media will have you believe. and no, we don't die in Africa.

Почётный участник

lol

Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    mooman,there's nothing mad about going out when it's -35C - it's not as cold as your propaganda ridden media will have you believe. and no, we don't die in Africa.

hahaha sore bugger propaganda machine my ass , lol its called a joke in english you are meant to laugh my swedish friends find the heat takes some getting used to and not the humidity but the sun is hotter it burns you even I after being in the UK for 6 months get burned something that never happened to me while I lived there k lighten up lol media machine sheesh really where do u get these funny ideas .....do i look american to u hahaha

Почётный участник

hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ReDSanchous
    Why are people from warm countries so worried about how we can survive extreme cold? And why do so many people believe that it is very cold in Russia? I agree that there are very cold areas in Russia. The territory they occupy is called permafrost, as you may know. But a very small proportion of the population of Russia lives in these areas. Even if we consider cities like Novosibirsk where it can get really cold, people don't complain about cold affecting their health unless heating is in good nick.

Even when temperatures in the Moscow area dropped as low as -30C last winter, I still played ice-hockey and didn't get a cold.

If you are dressed warm enough, the chance of hypothermia equals the chance of getting a serious sunstroke at very high temperatures without wearing any protective clothing.
    you want to know why .....let me enlighten you ...i freeze my ass off in the uk and its hardly colder than russia i dress warmly and i get so depressed in winter its not funny ....when i first came to this country from my south african winter to english summer ....i did not even realise the differance i thought it was still cold and never took my jacket off since then i have gotten used to it and when i went back to south africa to summer I got so burnt it was not funny....i had never been so burnt like that in my life honestly I thought being tanned brown was genetic i never knew that you could lose it , i dont know about genetics but i have seen my russian friends in my country and they turn red they use sun screen and they burn quite easily some are better than others......I on the other hand cannot handle the cold some people cannot i have never gotten used to it it pierces every fiber of my body and I find it unbearably depressing to not see the sun for a couple of months. Saying that I think I have a right to wonder.

Re: hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by mooman
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDSanchous

you want to know why .....let me enlighten you ...i freeze my ass off in the uk and its hardly colder than russia i dress warmly and i get so depressed in winter its not funny ....when i first came to this country from my south african winter to english summer ....i did not even realise the differance i thought it was still cold and never took my jacket off since then i have gotten used to it and when i went back to south africa to summer I got so burnt it was not funny....i had never been so burnt like that in my life honestly I thought being tanned brown was genetic i never knew that you could lose it , i dont know about genetics but i have seen my russian friends in my country and they turn red they use sun screen and they burn quite easily some are better than others......I on the other hand cannot handle the cold some people cannot i have never gotten used to it it pierces every fiber of my body and I find it unbearably depressing to not see the sun for a couple of months. Saying that I think I have a right to wonder.
    Are you on some kind of drugs
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Почтенный гражданин
    The coldest place I have ever been was Mineapolis in the winter. It got down to -29C one morning. When I first stepped outside, I could not breathe. But I got used to it eventually.

We used to take a cup of warm water, through it in the air and watch it freeze in the air.
    Я взял палку и нож, мелки и бумагу и направился к холмам.

Завсегдатай

Re: lol

hahaha sore bugger propaganda machine my ass......
    do i look american to u hahaha
    You look like someone who wants his feet on both side of the Pond what with "bugger" and "ass" For pity's sake, mate, use the English word for that particular part in the human anatomy

Завсегдатай
    Walking down the street at -30C you will see many people explode - the blood freezes and rips their bodies open like a can of beans. Usual scene for most Siberian towns. At first it shocks you, but then you stop noticing it... Bwahahahahahahahah

Почётный участник

You look like someone who wants his feet on both side of the Pond what with "bugger" and "ass" For pity's sake, mate, use the English word for that particular part in the human anatomy
    hey boet , kyk he en lekker luister na my kerel.... u check it out bra , i come from a multicultural country dude its called the rainbow nation the New South Africa ...and my slang is so huge its not funny we have 11 national languages my china check it out before u start tuning like some pikanin get with the program its called ubuntu coming together. Eish u make me laugh hhahaha sore bugger hahaha

Завсегдатай
    Ever heard of "when in Rome"? So when in London, do as them Cockneys do. Awroi', me old china?

P.S. Shall I give you a hand with punctuation?

hey boet , kyk he en lekker luister na my kerel.... u check it out bra , i come from a multicultural country dude its called the rainbow nation the New South Africa ...and my slang is so huge its not funny we have 11 national languages my china check it out before u start tuning like some pikanin get with the program its called ubuntu coming together. Eish u make me laugh hhahaha sore bugger hahaha
    The problem is, this is an English-Russian forum... Try to use one of these languages

Почётный участник

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonian
    The problem is, this is an English-Russian forum... Try to use one of these languages
    Which particular version of English and Russian are we striving for here.

Почётный участник
    Ever heard of "when in Rome"? So when in London, do as them Cockneys do. Awroi', me old china?

P.S. Shall I give you a hand with punctuation?
    You are straying off the point in the hopes of slandering my good name. I mentioned how by staying in colder climates the heat from warmer ones seems more severe.

Завсегдатай
    Which particular version of English and Russian are we striving for here.
    Oxbridge toff and Moscow university graduate respectively, of course.

I though the South African winter is quite hot, or is it not in December?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    I though the South African winter is quite hot, or is it not in December?
    December is summertime in the Southern Hemisphere

That's what I was afraid of.
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast