Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Social Network for Russians in U.S.

  1. #1
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    6

    Social Network for Russians in U.S.

    Hello everyone,
    I'd like to introduce you to the website that I started - Russian Connect - Meet Russians in Your Area, Russian Social Network
    I remember when I first moved to U.S. when I was 16 I didn't know any English, so it was hard for me to socialize with Americans. I wanted to meet some Russians, so at least I could go do something and have friends, but didn't know where to start, since it was summer time and the school was out. The only way I could meet people that speak the same language is just randomly run into them in the mall, restaurants etc.
    I'm working as a web developer and the other day I was thinking about a new project, and it dawned on me ... why not create a Social Network for Russians in U.S. ? I mean, yeas vkontakte is great, but more then 80% users are IN Russia, and the other 20% that are in U.S. just use it to stay in contact with their family / friends IN Russia. Facebook? Great, but It's too broad.
    So here it is - Russian Connect - Meet Russians in Your Area, Russian Social Network
    Let me know what you think.

    P.S.
    Admins, please don't delete it, or mark it as spam. I'm not planning on having a forum on my web site, so may be we can help each other out? I'll redirect users to this forum? You'll post my link or something? Would it be ok? Please let me know in pm.

  2. #2
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phx, AZ, US
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    10
    Does one have to be born in Russia, to be accepted in this place?
    luck/life/kidkboom
    Грязные башмаки располагают к осмотрительности в выборе дороги. /*/ Muddy boots choose their roads with wisdom. ;

  3. #3
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    6
    No, it's open to everyone. I'm also working on "prizes" at the moment for everyone that could help me make it bigger / more popular.

  4. #4
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phx, AZ, US
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    10
    Отлично! I really like the site. I'm gonna try to bring you some peeps =)
    luck/life/kidkboom
    Грязные башмаки располагают к осмотрительности в выборе дороги. /*/ Muddy boots choose their roads with wisdom. ;

  5. #5
    Новичок
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    6
    ^ I'd really appreciate it! Thank you for your comment!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 29th, 2011, 05:42 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 1st, 2010, 11:51 PM
  3. Social network to speak and learn russian!
    By NEOF in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 4th, 2009, 03:32 PM
  4. Russia has World’s Most Engaged Social Networking Audience
    By f720p in forum Culture and History
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 19th, 2009, 12:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary