Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are russian police really that bad?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    She said the cop was angry at seeing a Russian girl with a foriegner. The cop had muttered something about " All the prettiest and best girls being taken out of Russia".
    I'm sorry, but you're lying. I've seen gazillions of girls dating foreign guys and you know what? They're hardly the prettiest ones. Often they come from underprivileged backgrounds, have bad teeth, B.O., etc. The Russian Bill has a pick of the best fanny in town through control over the sex industry, he would not stoop as low as shagging a stoned devochka proskovya izpod moskovya. (Next time you decide to tell a fib, do your homework.)
    She went along with it and told the cop that she would met him at a certain place but instead but she and her boyfriend left the area and did not come back.
    Really? Do you think the Russian Bill is THAT stupid? "Wait for me, honey, I'll be right back, I'll just put on something sexy..." Yeah, right.

P.S. Some boyfriend that girl had. It is a duty of every man to stand up for his woman. That guy was a blouse.
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoduck
    [I think we have differing opinions about the point of an argument. You seem to think that it is about victory, about destroying an opponent. Your boxing metaphor could not have highlighted this more clearly. My idea of an argument is that both sides can learn to understand someone else’s point of view. I enjoy hearing about peoples opinions, and knowing that if I give an opinion I won't be personally insulted by belligerent and condescending remarks. I invite you to think about what kind of board you want here. If it is just way for getting out your anger on anonymous people, then I question your presence on a board intended for learning.
    You said I was a yeller dog what wouldn't have the guts to account for his words. Them's fightin' words in Russia, you know. Lord is my witness I'm not a belligerent person, but when pushed will strike back. You want to learn from my point of view, fine, I'm OK with that. You question my presence here - I don't give a toss. In turn I question your presence here - I've never seen a single post from you about learning the Russian language. But I'm OK with that. If you come here, you come here, I don't give a toss. Sorry, pal, I do not discuss my reasons for being here with you. Have a nice day. And all the best learning the Russian language (you know I'm always available for help in that department)

I appologise, Geoduck, I've just seen some of your posts in the language learning section. You happen to be a friend of the Russian language. Arrrrg, and all this time I've been so mean to you. I'm sorry, truly and deeply sorry.

Старший оракул
    it only seems like everybody has a bad story becuase the question is 'how bad are the russian police?'
    im not a liar and thats what happened to my friends.
    course, i wont say there're all bad, if you have your documents and aren't breaking the law you're fine. however, i would say that if you're any colour other than white there is at least a 50% higher chance of the beat stick comming out
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

Почтенный гражданин
    The guy did not offer up money or his girl. The girl was trying to talk the cop out of demanding money for the "fine" to be imposed on her foriegn boyfriend. So the cop decided he would accept sex with her as payment instead. She went along with it and told the cop that she would met him at a certain place but instead but she and her boyfriend left the area and did not come back. She said the cop was angry at seeing a Russian girl with a foriegner. The cop had muttered something about " All the prettiest and best girls being taken out of Russia".
    I can see where that would be a frustration that would cause some throwdowns. As much as it is women from other cultures fawning for the attention of russian men. Not that there is not tail in town through (what scotcher said) but in that knowing that from a protector (cop) and male (master of the house) standpoint one might could get quite pissy and concerned seeing so many of russia's "children" "mothers" ect. lured away by "aliens" from a not too respected and culturally confused country. But then again... if the cops are in any percentage in control of the sex industry wouldn't they have a voice or a responsibility in this matter? just curious. I mean, if any cop shook down a guy I was dating that'd be a clue by 4 (hint) that there is something wrong with the guy. Then again, maybe a russian woman should not be slapping in the face of her countrymen her mate choice-whether she was forced to leave borders to find one or not. It is wise not to piss off big brother in any case. I'm glad they were not harmed.
    It is Winter and Very Cold.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    http://www.sptimes.ru/archive/times/937 ... _11471.htm
    http://hrw.org/campaigns/russia98/clinton.htm

Its a tradition to pay your fine to the police (Police-"i") at the time of the ticket. Many drivers are stopped in the middle of the street by the police for a traffic violation. Russian police give you two options. One pay me now a fraction of the fine or pay the fine in full at the police station within two weeks. Needless to say the discount is worth paying at the time of the offense. Highway robbery? You decide
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай
    Russian police give you two options. One pay me now a fraction of the fine or pay the fine in full at the police station within two weeks.
    Not true, you scurvy lie mongering landlubber's gut. Not at the police station, but at a sberkassa (state bank) - the same way you pay your kvartplata and phone bills. And if you disagree you can take 'em to court. And if you're smart you can even get yourself off scotfree. Have you ever driven a car in Russia, DDT? Have you ever spoken to a traffic warden in Russia, DDT? Would you be able to tell one from a mushroom collector if you saw one, DDT? (Reading yellow press doesn't count.)

P.S. Sorry I cussed you out like that. It's all zeal. You must understand.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    No. Haven't driven there. I heard that was for crazy people.
    To be honest, there few states in the US where you are expected to pay your traffic fine on the spot also. If you don't have the money on you, you will be taken to the station. Nebraska is one of those states. They accept credit cards. I don't remember if they accept cash.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай
    To be honest, there few states in the US where you are expected to pay your traffic fine on the spot also.
    The word "also" is out of place here. You are not expected to pay on the spot in Russia.
    If you don't have the money on you, you will be taken to the station.
    You are not taken to the station if you don't pay on the spot in Russia. I've already explained that you pay through a bank.

You're drawing your conclusions from the experience you've had in your own country not from real facts about Russia.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    The word "also" is out of place here. You are not expected to pay on the spot in Russia.
    Wow... Have you ever driven in Russia?

JB
    Старший оракул
    All of my Russian friends and relatives (of all ages) have a real fear of and hate for the militsia. I have Russian friends who have been robbed and beat up by the cops in the metro. The Moscow Metro has police stations in many of the central lines and the rapes and robberies seem to happen in those stations away from the public. The stories of young women being raped by the cops in metro has frequently been in the Moscow news (TV and newspapers).
    Getting drunk and being alone in the metro seems to be a sure fire way to get a visit to those back rooms where you leave with a black eye and empty pockets.
    Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesh
    Oh yes, I have. I do. Reg'larly. (You're offered the option to pay on the spot, but you're not expected to. You can always say go ahead officer, fill out that form and pay through a bank.)

Почётный участник
    Oh yes, I have. I do. Reg'larly. (You're offered the option to pay on the spot, but you're not expected to. You can always say go ahead officer, fill out that form and pay through a bank.)
    What is the penalty for saying you will pay later? Is this seen as being a wise-ass, because it keeps the officer from getting the bribe? If you say to pay later, how do they make sure you pay? Do they just ignore you if you report that the officer was asking for a bribe?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoduck
    What is the penalty for saying you will pay later?
    No penalty. This is how the system works. In some places in Russia you can also pay your fines online: http://www.kolesa.ru/news/id/11364.html and http://gibdd-gai.ru/news/?year=2004&month=6&day=27

Is this seen as being a wise-ass, because it keeps the officer from getting the bribe?
    No.

Do they just ignore you if you report that the officer was asking for a bribe?
    They can't ignore you, the law demands that they investigate every such case and inform you of the results.

If you say to pay later, how do they make sure you pay?
    Have you heard of numberplates? Have you heard of IDs?

Here's a nice resource for you: http://gibdd-gai.ru/

The only catch is that you have to bring the receipt back. But drive responsibly and you won't have to.

Подающий надежды оратор

Re: Are russian police really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Biancca
    gossip runs rampant with all the damn females...

Thanks for that. That kind of comment always makes me so happy.
    So when I made that comment I wasn't talking about women in general. I was talking about the worst of the worst. The most vile disgusting creatures known to man. Military women. Yes normal wome do gossip a lot but military women know no bounds. They talk about anything and everything. They ruin ppl's lives everyday. So unless your in the military I wasn't reffering to you. But if you are in the military F**K YOU.

Почтенный гражданин
    But who you are not expected to? By officer? Oh, yes, you are... By general public? You are... By law? Well, who cares.

Почётный участник
    I thought the implication was that the cop would pocket the cash and not report the "violation". I'm not interested in the law so much as the practice.

JJ
    Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by JB
    All of my Russian friends and relatives (of all ages) have a real fear of and hate for the militsia.
    Everybody have fear and hate for the power. Ask them about gangsters, robbers, mafia - they will say you the same.
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

Завсегдатай
    But who you are not expected to? By officer? Oh, yes, you are... By general public? You are... By law? Well, who cares.
    I don't give a toss about the general public. I abide by the law.

P.S. And how come the general public expects me to bribe traffic wardens? The general public doesn't give a toss about me.

Увлечённый спикер
    I wonder, do Russian Cops wear easily visible & legible badges? Is there no way of reporting an officer's mis-actions using their identification number?
    (Or is there absolutely no system in place to keep Cops in-check?)

I remember reading on a Ukrainian Visa site that explained that officers tend less bother those that originate from more-powerful countries and tend to pick more on those from the *less-powerful.

Завсегдатай
    2CREATV
    In Russian we say "vogorodeh boozinah av key-yevay dyadka". Is your question about Ukranian or Russian police?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast