Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Russian millionaires and show off (?)

  1. #1
    Завсегдатай Antonio1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Пафос - Кипр
    Posts
    1,719
    Rep Power
    9

    Russian millionaires and show off (?)

    BBC News - Russia's Usmanov to give back Watson's auctioned Nobel medal

    As Russians what you think that are the intentions of this guy?

    "We Russians respect our scientists and awards them ... and you Americans just ignore them and force them to sell even their Nobel Prizes?"
    Perhaps something like this?
    Чем больше слов, тем меньше они стоят.

  2. #2
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    710
    Rep Power
    26
    Поймал себя на странной мысли...
    Вот я, этнический русский, прекрасно владеющий русским языком, выросший в русской культуре, как минимум три поколения моих предков -- такие же стопроцентные русские...
    Что я думаю о действиях узбека Алишера Бурхановича Усманова, которого BBC называет "Russia's richest man"? Эээ... да ничего не думаю. Я вообще не часто думаю об узбеках.

  3. #3
    Почтенный гражданин 14Russian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Not where you live.
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    7
    Most of the richest citizens 'from' Russia are not ' этнический русский' (i.e. ethnic Russian) and have close ties to the Kremlin yet many Russians worship Putin. Crazy, just crazy.... Logic doesn't exist. ((

  4. #4
    Почтенный гражданин diogen_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    487
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1986 View Post
    BBC News - Russia's Usmanov to give back Watson's auctioned Nobel medal

    As Russians what you think that are the intentions of this guy?

    "We Russians respect our scientists and awards them ... and you Americans just ignore them and force them to sell even their Nobel Prizes?"
    Perhaps something like this?
    I agree with Redfox. As the saying goes, восток дело тонкое…

    He might have waken up with a headache and indulged into thinking the world should be a better place to live in and off the top of his bald head decided to contribute to charity. Who knows. You see, even billionaires sometimes have random sentimental thoughts. In fact, given the political situation his actions do look like a grave mistake. You may know that Russian science is still underfunded, salaries are generally not that high … and under the circumstances to squander millions to an American... Can you imagine what might happen should our beloved leader learn about this particular blunder? I bet you can.

  5. #5
    Почтенный гражданин 14Russian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Not where you live.
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by diogen_ View Post
    I agree with Redfox. As the saying goes, восток дело тонкое…

    He might have waken up with a headache and indulged into thinking the world should be a better place to live in and off the top of his bald head decided to contribute to charity. Who knows. You see, even billionaires sometimes have random sentimental thoughts. In fact, given the political situation his actions do look like a grave mistake. You may know that Russian science is still underfunded, salaries are generally not that high … and under the circumstances to squander millions to an American... Can you imagine what might happen should our beloved leader learn about this particular blunder? I bet you can.

    You should write comedy sketches.)))

  6. #6
    Почтенный гражданин diogen_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    487
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Russian View Post

    You should write comedy sketches.)))
    I’m not a big deal, Putin is what really matters!! As the song sings, Главное, чтобы Путин сидел!! (На своем законном месте, разумеется!!)


  7. #7
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,156
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by diogen_ View Post
    I’m not a big deal, Putin is what really matters!! As the song sings, Главное, чтобы Путин сидел!! (На своем законном месте, разумеется!!)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfgPcmMh0bk
    A video footage from the past: (or maybe the future?)




Similar Threads

  1. show down
    By alexsms in forum Learn English - Грамматика, переводы, словарный запас
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 8th, 2014, 08:03 AM
  2. Show
    By Antonio1986 in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 26th, 2013, 04:35 PM
  3. Russian National Dance Show.
    By Eledhwen in forum Culture and History
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 30th, 2013, 05:51 AM
  4. Russian show "Who Wants To Be A Millionare" and a
    By fortheether in forum Getting Started with Russian
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 22nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
  5. Show me the way to go home
    By kwatts59 in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 29th, 2005, 03:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary