Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Russian handwriting - feedback and examples wanted!

Почтенный гражданин

Re: Russian handwriting - feedback and examples wanted!

What's the alternative of з?

Новичок

Прекрасный! Даже я могу читать.
    Кому - нары, кому - Канары.

Старший оракул

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Butterfly
    I don't use the horizontal lines personally because I don't have any difficulty differentiating between ш and т. I understand that most Russians are lazy like me and don't include them either.
    I don't include them just because nobody taught me that (I'm not saying I'm not lazy )

Quote Originally Posted by sperk
    Прекрасн[s:16pmld7t]ый[/s:16pmld7t]o! Даже я могу читать.

Старший оракул

Nearly all the letters that have circumference in them look like they’ve been screwed up and corrected later on. That was my impression before I understood it was merely the author’s peculiar way of putting words on paper.
    So far I think the winner is the Basil77’s wife with Pretty Butterfly – a close second.

Попробовал я. Вообще-то писал прямо по экрану стилусом, поэтому немного не похоже на мой обычный почерк:

Send me a PM if you need me.

Старший оракул

Quote Originally Posted by kamka
    I think you might be a worthy opponent of Basil in terms of illegibility, Scrabus
    . Thanks, I know when I start off and write fast it gets hard to actually understand what am I writing atm. If it's not the case my handwriting may look decently enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Butterfly
    Thanks to Basil & family, and to Scrabus, for sharing their handwriting. Since I already know what they say I can read them all although I think I would be able to struggle through most of it even if it was something unfamiliar. I work in a hospital so have plenty of practice reading doctor's handwriting!
    You're welcome. Not so sure you can struggle through my texts but I'm certain you can give it a shot). Even my teachers had a hard time when I took my school classes-). In case you're interested I can send you off something else of it, so you can decipher.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexB
    Nearly all the letters that have circumference in them look like they’ve been screwed up and corrected later on. That was my impression before I understood it was merely the author’s peculiar way of putting words on paper.
    So far I think the winner is the Basil77’s wife with Pretty Butterfly – a close second.
    Doesn't look like that to me any bit, more like a health writing from ExiONEe. Btw, what are criteria to evaluate the winner in handwriting? The most incomprehensible/distinct, beautiful/ugly? Hopefully, I would win the less intelligible
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...us/mage7yu.jpg
    God granted me the serenity to accept the things
    I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    And wisdom to know the difference

Завсегдатай

The quality of my handwriting depends on many factors, in this example you can see that even lines written by pencil (the first verse) and by pen differ slightly.
    And in terms of "readability" it can vary from almost perfect to undecipherable. This is something in between:

Wow what a great thread. I can see so many different б и д styles. Спасибо большое всем!
    Now I feel a little better about my letters.

Baisil77: (like it's written by chicken's paw) "paw"
    "Chicken scratch"

My script is horrible at best.
    A couple summers ago, on a very quiet night at the motel, I was trying a Russian script lesson.
    The two Russian kids were having a great time watching me until one spoke up. "Don't. No one can read your English writing. When you print like architect or engineer, people can read it, but please stop this lesson."

Last summer, on a very quiet night at the motel, I tried the same lesson.
    The two Russian kids were having a great time watching me until one spoke up. "Stop this! No one can read your writing, even the Americans. You print like a machine, please don't write script.

OK, I can take a hint...
    I'm easily amused late at night...

Новичок
    Sorry for bumping this thread from ages ago, I landed in this thread while I was looking for Russian handwritings, and I just wanna ask if my handwriting is any good, do I need to improve on anything?

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post
    Sorry for bumping this thread from ages ago, I landed in this thread while I was looking for Russian handwritings, and I just wanna ask if my handwriting is any good, do I need to improve on anything?
    I noticed a few similar mistakes, so it could be the tendency. I am speaking of "литературното", "художественното", "культурното".
    The correct endings have always to be "-го": "литературноГо", "художественноГо", "культурноГо". The "glyphs" are quite clear, no problem found.

Hanna
    I love seeing examples of peoples handwriting.

Remember the top reason for learning Russian according to "my" poll on MasterRussian

"Russian´sounds cool and I like Cyrillic letters"

Новичок
    Well that was embarrassing. I guess that's just because I wrote too quickly and didn't notice г became т. They do look the similar though. Thanks!

heartfelty
    I got fairly good marks for handwriting. But it took several times for my teacher to correct.

All of the examples looked much prettier than my handwriting By the way - in case anyone is interested, in addition to occasionally butchering the Russian language, I can also do handwriting analysis if anyone is interested. The writing samples can be in Russian or English. Either way, you are writing directly from your brain and it can reveal a great deal about your personality.

Feel free to test my knowledge on this It is a lot of fun.
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Подающий надежды оратор kerygma's Avatar
    There is one letter which I always have a difficult time with: ж

Can someone please tell me the exact sequence of how to write this character, when and where the pen should be lifted from the page as it is written?

Thanks.

K

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kerygma View Post
    There is one letter which I always have a difficult time with: ж

Can someone please tell me the exact sequence of how to write this character, when and where the pen should be lifted from the page as it is written?
    You shouldn't lift a pen
    it's supposed to be written with one stroke but it's hard, so you can cheat with lifting, the letter consists of three parts, click on the image to see
    j.jpg

Here is Russian прописи in 4 parts - http://naotlichno.info/2011/05/propi...-4-x-chastyax/
    The image has been taken from part 4
    Прописи is the most helpful way to learn Russian handwriting

Hanna
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomer View Post
    You shouldn't lift a pen
    it's supposed to be written with one stroke but it's hard, so you can cheat with lifting, the letter consists of three parts, click on the image to see

Just a correction: "You shouldn't lift THE pen. Gosh, this definite article is so hard for Russians, isn't it! I absolutely can't explain why it should be "the" and not "a".

Anyway, there are some Russian letters that don't connect well with the letters following it. Like "б" for example. So it is not possible write completely "flowing" in Russian.

But the average Russian person has excellent handwriting - Judging from the examples here, they must be excellent at teaching penmanship in Russian schools!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post

Just a correction: "You shouldn't lift THE pen. Gosh, this definite article is so hard for Russians, isn't it! I absolutely can't explain why it should be "the" and not "a".
    Thank you for the correction
    I understand my mistake but only because I heard examples not because I know this exact rule, which is bad. Does anybody know the rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    But the average Russian person has excellent handwriting - Judging from the examples here, they must be excellent at teaching penmanship in Russian schools!
    Yeah, handwriting becomes bad in universities

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast