Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio stations in the net

Завсегдатай

Radio stations in the net

Can somebody suggest interesting talk radio stations which broadcast on the net? In English of course, better in American. No religion, no politics (well maybe a bit) and not boring.

Завсегдатай

Завсегдатай
    Dimitri, can I ask you to just ignore my questions?

I'm easily amused late at night...

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant

Re: Radio stations in the net

Quote Originally Posted by net surfer
    Can somebody suggest interesting talk radio stations which broadcast on the net? In English of course, better in American. No religion, no politics (well maybe a bit) and not boring.
    You've kind of narrowed it down quite a bit...What sort of subject matter are you interested in? Politics and sports represent much of talk-radio, and I'm assuming you don't have interest in baseball or American football. The one that jumps to my mind having ruled all this out is NPR (National Public Radio). It's a bit high-brow, but it can be good sometimes...You might try that...

http://www.npr.org/

And don't listen to Coddah's links, unless you want to hear crazy accents.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

NPR? Although I listen to this religiously, it is almost all politics! Ok, a little science and economics thrown in there, some great talk shows and cultural events, but no music and just talk. I love it, but I suspect this isn't exactly what netsurfer is looking for...

Kisses to NPR.
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    NPR? Although I listen to this religiously, it is almost all politics! Ok, a little science and economics thrown in there, some great talk shows and cultural events, but no music and just talk. I love it, but I suspect this isn't exactly what netsurfer is looking for...

Kisses to NPR.
    Well, I thought about that, but it tends to be more political *coverage* and less political SHOUTING MATCHES AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS type of thing...Besides, especially on weekends, they have unusual programming -- Prarie Home Companion, the Autotalk show, etc. And during days, it's typically classical or jazz...(I think local affiliates have a lot to do with programming though, so it may vary?)

Yeah, here in California for example there is no music whatsoever, our local station just uses NPR programs with PRI, BBC and other stuff... while in Seattle I noticed some cool jazz going on...
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    The only radio show that I know of that is not sports or politics is probably perfect for you. It can be found broadcast seven nights a week and usually all night long. I think that it is broadcast over the short-wave bands too because i know that people in other countries such as New Zealand and Australia call in by telphone live sometimes to talk to the host. It is the Coast to Coast show.......used to be called the Art Bell Show. They stream link their shows over the internet but you have to pay for it ........$6.95 a month, less if you buy a subscription. Here is the link:
    http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Властелин
    Dimitri, can I ask you to just ignore my questions?
    Harsh.
    Corrupting young minds since May 6, 2004.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    The only radio show that I know of that is not sports or politics is probably perfect for you. It can be found broadcast seven nights a week and usually all night long. I think that it is broadcast over the short-wave bands too because i know that people in other countries such as New Zealand and Australia call in by telphone live sometimes to talk to the host. It is the Coast to Coast show.......used to be called the Art Bell Show. They stream link their shows over the internet but you have to pay for it ........$6.95 a month, less if you buy a subscription. Here is the link:
    http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
    LOL. That show is so farking funny. Net Surfer, this is a good time. It's all about supernatural stuff -- UFOs, little green men, government conspiracies, Bigfoot, ghosts, and so on. Some people take it really seriously, even though it's a lot of rubbish. It is really entertaining, though. It might be worth you shelling out 7 bucks for a month if you're into that sort of thing. Just don't take it too seriously, m'kay?

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    LOL. That show is so farking funny. Net Surfer, this is a good time. It's all about supernatural stuff -- UFOs, little green men, government conspiracies, Bigfoot, ghosts, and so on. Some people take it really seriously, even though it's a lot of rubbish. It is really entertaining, though. It might be worth you shelling out 7 bucks for a month if you're into that sort of thing. Just don't take it too seriously, m'kay?
    I saw a UFO once
    Corrupting young minds since May 6, 2004.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMage
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    I saw a UFO once
    I saw a black unmarked helicopter land by my house when I was a cowboy along the Nevada Idaho line. It was met by several black vans and guys in black were carrying bags between the vans and helicopter. And I was not alone when I saw this. Freaky huh?
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай
    Thanks for the replies. Actually I don't know exactly what I want, that's why I asked you so I can listen to the station you recommend and choose some. I don't know, maybe some funny talk shows, interviews, news, reviews and so on.

Barmaley, you're right, listening about baseball or American football for a long time is kinda boring and of course I don't want to hear any crazy accent :)

DDT, thanks but unfortunately I can't pay in the Internet, my card doesn't work for online payments. And I'd like to listen to it for a while to decide whether I like it or not :) Anyway, I'll check the site maybe they have something for free.

Barmaley, I won't take it too seriouse, I promise :)

BlackMage, quit drinking that beer! :)

DDT
    It looks like they have a free podcast offered...........but I don't know what a podcast is.

Завсегдатай
    It looks like they have a free podcast offered...........but I don't know what a podcast is.
    That's what I expected to find. It's just recordings which you can upload to your ipod (or another mp3 player) to listen to them later.

DDT
    That's what I expected to find. It's just recordings which you can upload to your ipod (or another mp3 player) to listen to them later.
    Oh! Well I won't be needing that especially since the show is on the radio right now. The show is really huge, as it is broadcast on hundreds of stations.

Завсегдатай
    Lucky you!

Завсегдатай
    That sounds mean! You could, like, listen to it on the bus!

Завсегдатай
    Umm what do you mean "that sounds mean"?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast