Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Ohhh! What's this word?

  1. #1
    Почётный участник subpar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    (0,0)
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    10

    Ohhh! What's this word?

    Whazzit mean?

    I have a feeling it is VERY controversial, so I've invisibled it.

    [BAD WORD WARNING]

    [bad spelling warning]трахаться

    Please excuse my childish curiosity.
    "...но, все будет хорошо..."

  2. #2
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Ohhh! What's this word?

    Quote Originally Posted by subpar
    Whazzit mean?

    I have a feeling it is VERY controversial, so I've invisibled it.

    [BAD WORD WARNING]

    [bad spelling warning]трахаться

    Please excuse my childish curiosity.
    To f**k
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  3. #3
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    438
    Rep Power
    10
    It's not a very bad word. You probably don't want to use it during your official speech or, let's say, when meeting your boy/girlfriend parents first time. But it's not that awful.

    It does mean "to have sex", but it's way less strong than Engish "f**k" leaving alone the word this one is euphemism for.

  4. #4
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesh
    It's not a very bad word. You probably don't want to use it during your official speech or, let's say, when meeting your boy/girlfriend parents first time. But it's not that awful.
    So you would say that it's closer to "to screw" then?
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  5. #5
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    438
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesh
    It's not a very bad word. You probably don't want to use it during your official speech or, let's say, when meeting your boy/girlfriend parents first time. But it's not that awful.
    So you would say that it's closer to "to screw" then?
    Even less strong.

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    13
    Смотри на эту недавнюю тему, в которой обсуждались ругательства, в том числе и "трахаться"

    http://masterrussian.net/mforum/viewtop ... c&start=15

  7. #7
    Почётный участник subpar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    (0,0)
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    10
    Ах. Как хорошо бы понимаете что я сказал. Спасибо.
    "...но, все будет хорошо..."

  8. #8
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seventh
    Posts
    4,113
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Barmaley
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesh
    It's not a very bad word. You probably don't want to use it during your official speech or, let's say, when meeting your boy/girlfriend parents first time. But it's not that awful.
    So you would say that it's closer to "to screw" then?
    Even less strong.
    "To shag"
    "To do (someone)"

    In Ukrainian the same verb Трахати is derived from the word Трах! "Crack!" or "Bang!", so I guess it's like "to bang".
    Ingenting kan stoppa mig
    In Post-Soviet Russia internet porn downloads YOU!

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a word ...
    By JK in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: June 18th, 2011, 05:32 PM
  2. A word! My cottage for a word!
    By radomir in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 14th, 2009, 10:53 AM
  3. Word to Word translation
    By penguinhead in forum Getting Started with Russian
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: April 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
  4. Word of the day
    By начало in forum Grammar and Vocabulary
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: July 17th, 2006, 09:01 AM
  5. Word for you
    By JKDMan in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: October 20th, 2005, 05:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary