Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Music: Cutting Edge and What You Are Listening To?

Re: Music: Cutting Edge and What You Are Listening To?

Today it's more like 'Enter Sandman'...

The Western song is this:

(Man's voice)

„Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht, Now, dear children, take well heed
    ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht.“ I have brought something for you.

The above lines also appear in the Rammstein song "Mein Herz brennt".

(Children sing)

„Kommt ein Wölkchen angeflogen, Comes a cloud flying
    schwebt herbei ganz sacht, Glides toward us softly
    und der Mond am Himmel droben And the moon in the heavens above
    hält derweil schon Wacht. Meanwhile is on guard already
    Abend will es wieder werden, It will be evening soon
    alles geht zur Ruh. All are going to sleep
    Und die Kinder auf der Erde And the children on the earth
    machen bald die Äuglein zu. Soon will close their eyes
    Doch zuvor, von fern und nah But first, from far and near
    ruft's: das Sandmännchen ist da!“ a call: the sandman is there!

Then follows the small film, afterwards this:

(Man's voice)
    „Auf Wiedersehn und schlaft recht schön.“ Goodbye and sleep well.

The Eastern version is this:

„Sandmann, lieber Sandmann, Sandman, dear sandman
    es ist noch nicht so weit! It isn't time yet.
    Wir sehen erst den Abendgruß, First we see the evening greeting
    eh' jedes Kind ins Bettchen muß, Ere each child must go to bed
    du hast gewiss noch Zeit.“ You surely still have time.

(Film goes here)

„Kinder, liebe Kinder, Children, dear children
    es hat mir Spaß gemacht! I had a lot of fun.
    Nun schnell ins Bett Now off to bed with you
    und schlaft recht schön, and sleep well
    dann will auch ich zur Ruhe geh'n. and I will go to sleep as well
    Ich wünsch euch gute Nacht.“ I wish you a good night.

Споки ноки.

Robin
    Спасибо за исправления!

Вам нравится этот форум, и вы изучаете немецкий язык? Вот похожий форум о немецком языке.

Hanna

Sandmann is the best! I also loved a German programme called Uhlenbusch (or something like that) and "Luzi the menace". They ran all my childhood. Top German quality!

Hanna

Here is a funny Finnish song that has been translated into Russian.
    Called Levans polkka
    It's a polka (traditional) but it has been modernised. Very cheesy but fun!
    It's really popular on the Baltic Sea ships, for karaoke. The tradition is to sing in the language of the country that you are going to. So lots of drunk Swedes, Balts, Finns and Poles try to sing this song. Not sure if these ferries go to St. Petersburg at the moment - but usually they do.

A Finnish version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgrGRcjyzVw
    In Russian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c05Sgjcp8M0 How is their Russian accent?
    A cover by Basshunter with Soviet vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXo5LxHpRo4

Songs just sound so much better and cooler in Finnish and Russian!

This song is too much fun. CoffeeCup & ekaterinak (you will like it because it is a dance song), AlexB (you will like it because of one of the comments on YouTube.. I'll post it below), and the rest of you ... well you can all play along with the game of WHAT IS THE LYRIC FOR THE CHORUS????

New semester for school and they are once again back on tap so the teacher is playing this song in older daughter's class to help with practice. What is so funny about the song is what people think the lyric is for the chorus!

The song is:
    Title: Blue (Da Ba Dee)
    Artist: Eiffel 65
    Year: 1999
    Album: Europop

When I downloaded the song "legally!" I got the lyrics of:
    "I'm Blue da ba dee da ba daa"

This is the cutest video on Youtube 6,468,162 views!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emM_juVdzds

Here are some of the comments and ideas for the lyrics!

"If i was green i would die" (older daughter thinks this is the one!)

"NOOOOOO! it says im blue, da ba de da ba die!"

"I'm blue i need apple pie "

"im in need of a diet"

Comment for AlexB!..."this is that kind of song u have to wonder what the the writer was smoking at the time he wrote it lol. its kind of like the simpson. not tons of ppl watch the simpson but knowone can say they absolutely hate them. the simpsons are there and nobody can really question that. unlike shows like south park and family guy for example"

So... take a listen and tell us what YOU THINK THE LINE IS!!! Or just make up a silly line which will fit the beat. Either one works for me.
    I only speak two languages, English and bad English.
    Check out the MasterRussian Music Playlist
    Click here for list of Russian films with English subtitles and links to watch them.

Подающий надежды оратор

I wonder, have anyone here from USA/Europe ever heard this song? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-blfPCOeLQ0). I suspect that those who's from Europe will reply "Yes", because this hit has taken high positions in Europe charts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Igor_%28single%29). It contains some Russian lyrics and named "Prince Igor" like the Russian opera of the same name.
    Science is the systematic classification of experience. (c) George Henry Lewes

Подающий надежды оратор

Quote Originally Posted by Johanna
    I heard it before. I didn't know that this funny song originally from Finland. I like the original too and put in my collection.
    How is their Russian accent?
    Is there any Finland lyrics in Russian version?

Старший оракул

Quote Originally Posted by rockzmom
    So... take a listen and tell us what YOU THINK THE LINE IS!!! Or just make up a silly line which will fit the beat. Either one works for me.
    It seems like the commenters on YouTube have used up all the possible variations already.
    I would go with any of these:
    ..if i wuz green i wud die..
    im in need of a guide
    ..i got beat up and died
    ..im in need of a guy
    ..im in need of a wife

It may sound stupid but I still don’t know if blue has any connotation of gay in English. Russian has it, it is loud and clear, blue equals gay, whereas I couldn’t find anywhere on the internet, even in Urban Dictionary, that blue has anything to do with gay. So what could you kind sirs and siresses say?

Подающий надежды оратор

"this is that kind of song u have to wonder what the the writer was smoking at the time he wrote it lol. its kind of like the simpson. not tons of ppl watch the simpson but knowone can say they absolutely hate them. the simpsons are there and nobody can really question that. unlike shows like south park and family guy for example"
    [/color]
    And here is another one similar comment "I bet the guy is using little blue pills too, and that is why everything is blue ;>>>". This song was a very popular when I was a student. I've heard it almost every day on the radio. There is even russian variant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Q9Z...eature=related. Actually when I didn't undestand English at all and had not access to the internet, I thought that this song probably about the gay (and I think that many others whose English was equal to mine did so ). "Blue" translated into Russian as "голубой", which has several meanings including sexual orientation. Therefore I didn't know how to consider this song

Подающий надежды оратор

Quote Originally Posted by alexB
    It may sound stupid but I still don’t know if blue has any connotation of gay in English. Russian has it, it is loud and clear, blue equals gay, whereas I couldn’t find anywhere on the internet, even in Urban Dictionary, that blue has anything to do with gay. So what could you kind sirs and siresses say?
    Oh, while I was preparing my reply there is appear new one. What did I say ? Russians still didn't know how to interpret this song.

Quote Originally Posted by Иван
    "this is that kind of song u have to wonder what the the writer was smoking at the time he wrote it lol. its kind of like the simpson. not tons of ppl watch the simpson but knowone can say they absolutely hate them. the simpsons are there and nobody can really question that. unlike shows like south park and family guy for example"
    [/color]
    And here is another [s:276kwws4]one[/s:276kwws4] similar comment "I bet the guy is using little blue pills too, and that is why everything is blue ;>>>". This song was [s:276kwws4]a[/s:276kwws4]very popular when I was a student. I[s:276kwws4]'ve[/s:276kwws4] heard it almost every day on the radio. There is even a Russian variant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Q9Z...eature=related. Actually when I didn't understand English at all and had no[s:276kwws4]t access to the[/s:276kwws4] internet access, I thought that this song was probably about [s:276kwws4]the[/s:276kwws4] being gay (and I think that many others whose English was equal to mine did also ). "Blue" translate[s:276kwws4]d[/s:276kwws4]s into Russian as "голубой", which has several meanings including sexual orientation. Therefore I didn't know how to consider this song
    Ah...Иван, you answered my question for me as to why "blue" equals "gay." Thanks! I could not make the jump to lightspeed with that one.

AlexB, nope... I never have heard the term blue and thought gay. I have heard a number of expressions and none of them with blue. Rainbows are popular though:
    The use of rainbow flags has a long tradition; they are displayed in many cultures around the world as a sign of diversity and inclusiveness, of hope and of yearning.
    I like your "I'm in need of a guy!"

Also, the Russian version of the song... have no idea what they are saying, but way cool that they did their own version of it!
    Click here for list of Russian films with English subtitles and links to watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by alexB
    There's no such connotation in English. As a colloquial term, someone who is blue is sad, downtrodden, has the blues (that's where the name of the music style comes from).

And in German, someone who is blau is drunk. You can safely assume that such secondary colloquial meanings of colours do not translate to other languages if they are not very closely related.

Robin
    Спасибо за исправления!

Вам нравится этот форум, и вы изучаете немецкий язык? Вот похожий форум о немецком языке.

Подающий надежды оратор

Rockzmom, thanks a lot for corrections.
    Also, the Russian version of the song... have no idea what they are saying, but way cool that they did their own version of it!
    They are singing about the traditional (not gay ) love. I remembered one funny Russian children's song with the similar meaning. Here is it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emM_juVdzds. This song is about orange color.

Hanna

Quote Originally Posted by Иван
    I wonder, have anyone here from USA/Europe ever heard this song? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-blfPCOeLQ0). I suspect that those who's from Europe will reply "Yes", because this hit has taken high positions in Europe charts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Igor_%28single%29). It contains some Russian lyrics and named "Prince Igor" like the Russian opera of the same name.
    Oh yes, I 've heard it. Thanks for reminding me! The melody is lovely... There was a hit with a Norwegian female vocalist is the 1990s. I think it was in a film too, but don't remember which one...

I have never seen Prince Igor but if/when I go to Russia I'll watch it there, live.

EDIT: I found the cover I was thinking of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WahcTznCRm4

Hanna

--- saying "gay" in English.... I am sure that there are LOTS of expressions that I haven't heard off. But here is what I can tell you (female view!) Nothing about any colour, other than pink, or a rainbow flag (but rainbow flags can also mean anti-war, at least in Southern Europe).

To hint/imply that somebody is gay, you can say:
    "He's a bit bent... the other direction, you know... "
    "He doesn't quite know what team he's batting for"
    "He's a friend of Dorothy" (funny American expression. It refers to Dorothy in the tale of the Wizard of Oz...)

Hanna

I didn't listen carefully to that Russian version of the Finnish song - in fact I just stumbled over it in on Youtube and was surprised because I knew of the old Finnish song... I assumed it was a translation and couldn't understand too much of it. However, the Finnish version is a about a girl called Eva who goes to a dance and has a good time -- it's really just nonsense lyrics, it's the melody that's nice.

Завсегдатай

Here is a funny Finnish song that has been translated into Russian.
    Called Levans polkka
    It's a polka (traditional) but it has been modernised. Very cheesy but fun!
    It's really popular on the Baltic Sea ships, for karaoke. The tradition is to sing in the language of the country that you are going to. So lots of drunk Swedes, Balts, Finns and Poles try to sing this song. Not sure if these ferries go to St. Petersburg at the moment - but usually they do.

A Finnish version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgrGRcjyzVw
    In Russian: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c05Sgjcp8M0 How is their Russian accent?
    A cover by Basshunter with Soviet vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXo5LxHpRo4

Songs just sound so much better and cooler in Finnish and Russian!
    Haha, this song was EXTREMELY popular here a few years ago, after the Loituma Girl Video appeared on the Web. Just google for "Як цуп цоп", and you'll see how popular it was in Russia . Of course, after watching this anime video, most of us have found and watched the original performance by Loituma.

One of the bands from the late 80s early 90s that I like is Guns N' Roses. Slash is one very talented guitar player. Well... he is working on an album and he released a sort of teaser of two songs on the 10th (Tuesday) that are only available on either YouTube or maybe the Japanese version of the album when it comes out in 2010.

The two songs are:
    Sahara
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL1TT5F8XCs

and if you like it you can down load a copy of it here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j3tyn2zzwuq

This song is mostly in Japanese and here are the English lyrics that are out for it (which don't seem to make much sense AT ALL):

Your teeth a little crookedly aligned, and your sticking touch
    The light of the big sign in the outside of window I was looking at
    Sorry I don't remember anything about you (Anything about you)
    It's been gone away, this and that.
    Tonight, somehow I'm more thirsty than usual
    Before the dawn, you fell asleep, it was surely you, not me
    With lots of glib words having been carried away, being clumsy, yeah it was me
    Covered with sand, this and that
    A red-hot wind is blowing inside of my mind
    It was a mass of burning young jealousy
    I really wanted to have you
    It's gone away, this and that.
    Forget myself and go on a spree and hurt somebody
    I can't let it go... anything about you (Anything about you)
    It has ruined everything, this and that
    Shiny days are being buried forever

-----
    The second song is a complete remake of Paradise City. As the real version was great and many people are bashing this one; but, Slash shows he still has his mean guitar ways.
    What is so surprising is that Fergie from Black Eyed Peas is singing (not rapping) on this and at first you would think it was a guy singing!! Cypress Hill is doing the rapping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaUtV2LSfVg

The Rammstein album "Liebe ist für alle da" which we have talked about before here has been put on the index of youth-endangering media, which means free publicity - erm, that it may not be displayed or advertised nor sold to minors anymore. Apparently our righteous minister of families did not enjoy the lyrics of 'ich tu dir weh' (I am hurting you).

Well, they think it is a call for violence. I just hope they will be consequent and put the new CD by the pope on the index, too, after all he does in no uncertain terms demand everyone to have unprotected sex.

Robin
    Спасибо за исправления!

Quote Originally Posted by bitpicker
    - erm, that it may not be displayed or advertised nor sold to minors
    Robin
    Sold to minors, what about downloaded? Is there any way to check the age of minors when they buy things on iTunes and such...well IF they buy!

I suppose it includes a prohibition of selling the album online. On amazon.de you cannot buy the album as it was anymore but preorder the censored version. I don't know in how far it will be different.

Robin
    Спасибо за исправления!

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast