Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage... Views

Почётный участник

Marriage... Views

Is it looked down on when a man from a country like Russia marries a girl from America?

Also... how do Russian people look at Americans? Do they over all in general think we are bad... ? I hate being American, I feel like I am looked down on, just because I live here... Its not like I like it here... I hate the culture (if you can even count what we have a "culture") and I hate Bush.... ALOT...

Liz James
    Hate= to dislike somebody or something intensely, often in a way that evokes feelings of anger, hostility, or animosity
    Love= an intense feeling of tender affection and compassion

Властелин
    Looked down on by whom? By Americans? By Russians? It's not looked down on by Russians, at least i'd be very surprized to find out that it was. And you shouldn't hate the whole nation or yourself for being a part of it for that matter, it's silly and childish, kiddo.
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Завсегдатай

Re: Marriage... Views

Quote Originally Posted by iamjames
    Is it looked down on when a man from a country like Russia marries a girl from America?
    Don't think so, though I've never seen one.

[quote:gzgmwck6]
    Also... how do Russian people look at Americans? Do they over all in general think we are bad... ? I
    [/quote:gzgmwck6]
    *cough* Well, I think a lot of Russians consider the Americans off-handed and not too smart. Bush doesn't help either.
    But don't be afraid to be looked down on in Russia. If you're nice person you'll be ok and find friends anyway.

Завсегдатай
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant

I hate being American, I feel like I am looked down on, just because I live here... Its not like I like it here... I hate the culture (if you can even count what we have a "culture") and I hate Bush.... ALOT...

Liz James
    Sounds like you're the one with issues, not Russians.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    The poor fellow is suffering from an extreme case of " the grass is always greener on the other side".
    But then again, if he hates himself so much then perhaps I hate him too! Oh well!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    The poor fellow is suffering from an extreme case of " the grass is always greener on the other side".
    But then again, if he hates himself so much then perhaps I hate him too! Oh well!
    That ain't no man! It's a woman, man!

Почтенный гражданин
    Of course I hate everything that even slightly looks like american.
    Not because I dislike it... but just because it’s my duty it’s... what I have to do...
    Oh your disgusting sickening culture (if you can even count what you have a "culture"). I hate everything. Baby Bush, Hollywood, Conan O'Brien you name it.
    If you need my help I can kill you if you like. It’s the only way, too late to try to save you.

tim
    Подающий надежды оратор
    why do you hate everything american? it is not your job, you just grew up around alot of people who told you to hate americans, i think that's sick, put your self in an americans shoes, everyone hates you, for what ?? what did we ever do to mother russia!! think about it! if i grew up in a country where everyone told me to hate russia, i would, but i don't hate russia, i never have and never will, but i hate russians who hate americans, thats your problem buddy, live with it!!

tim
    Подающий надежды оратор
    i would not try threaten any americans with your selfish attitude, you might just end up dead!! you know what, i think that you might even hate russia yourself, think about it , you can't blame russia for being such a shit hole, so why not blame the americans, everyone else is. and if you think that russia is so good, why does every russian what to live in america, have you ever thought about that! i didnt want to talk about russia in such a way, but you forced me to!

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    Damn! I forgot to check..................................Crocodile Dundee style.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

DDT
    Quote Originally Posted by tim
    i would not try threaten any americans with your selfish attitude, you might just end up dead!! you know what, i think that you might even hate russia yourself, think about it , you can't blame russia for being such a @@@@ hole, so why not blame the americans, everyone else is. and if you think that russia is so good, why does every russian what to live in america, have you ever thought about that! i didnt want to talk about russia in such a way, but you forced me to!
    Ah don't get your knickers in a twist Timmy........I'm sure he likes Rebecca Stamos at least.

Почтенный гражданин
    why do you hate everything american?
    Come on dude. Calm down. It’s a joke.

Почтенный гражданин
    исчо адын топег удался

Завсегдатай
    Я всегда говорю, что я ненавижу американцев, потому что это забавно. Все так говорят здесь. Но на самом деле, когда я знакомлюсь с американцами, всегда оказываются прикольными людьми.

DDT
    Gee! No surprizes there!

Завсегдатай
    i would not try threaten any americans with your selfish attitude, you might just end up dead!!
    Uhm, yeah, I think we can do without the death-threats?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    Damn! I forgot to check..................................Crocodile Dundee style.
    Yeah. Stupid internet and it's lack of physical contact and all...

Завсегдатай
    А на котого Тим наезжает? Че-то я не пойму.

Увлечённый спикер

Also... how do Russian people look at Americans? Do they over all in general think we are bad... ? I hate being American, I feel like I am looked down on, just because I live here... Its not like I like it here... I hate the culture (if you can even count what we have a "culture") and I hate Bush.... ALOT...

Liz James
    Sorry, but I have to agree that this little outburst is childish too. Nowadays, America is not too highly thought of in the world. However, the political aspect and the actual people are 2 different things.. many need to realize that. You should be gratetful you live in the country you do. I'm sure your outlook on things would be entirely different if you lived in say India or Sudan.

the other day I was watching a program on the Discovery Channel about "Shipbreakers". It's about men, who were in these sort of shipyards and take old ships apart. They're exposed to all sorts of toxics and other harmful things (like asbestos) because many of the ships are old. The doctors can't do anything for them. They simply say, "if you're burning something, work upwind". No protective gear.. only a small piece of cloth over their face to try to protect themselves. After a long day at work, they then go to live in these little shacks (if you can call them that) that's right across the street from where they work. They have no running water, no bathrooms, no road.. just a sort of wasteland outside their home.

Or how about in Sudan where they massacre each other?

I'm not saying the US is the greatest country, but you should really learn how to appreciate the life you've been given.
    Если я ошибаюсь, исправляйте меня, пожалуйста.

Завсегдатай

Quote Originally Posted by MalenkayaKatinka

Liz James
    the other day I was watching a program on the Discovery Channel about "Shipbreakers". It's about men, who were in these sort of shipyards and take old ships apart. They're exposed to all sorts of toxics and other harmful things (like asbestos) because many of the ships are old. The doctors can't do anything for them. They simply say, "if you're burning something, work upwind". No protective gear.. only a small piece of cloth over their face to try to protect themselves. After a long day at work, they then go to live in these little shacks (if you can call them that) that's right across the street from where they work. They have no running water, no bathrooms, no road.. just a sort of wasteland outside their home.
    That's one of the most pitiful things I've ever heard. That and the fact that the Chukchi are supposedly the "most contaminated people in the world" according to the UN.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast