View Poll Results: does it happen to you?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

16 88.89%
  • no

2 11.11%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Language mood

Завсегдатай
    Странно, что люди так боятся икры, потому что это яйца рыб, а никто не боится куриных яиц.

Завсегдатай
    Chickens aren't slimy, live underwater, and if they had the choice (most) wouldn't (swim) live in or eat their own sh*t.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by giovanni

aha... italians dont "can" foods... we cook then eat, so i wouldnt know about perserving foods. And when i eat foods that do come from a can, it is not like caviar where its fish eggs and could possibly give me aids or something if it is spoiled...

I think ill just stare at it and let it elude (sp?) me for a while. I am not feeling brave at the moment. And i dont even know if it is GOOD caviar, because i took it from a train.
    Ahh, I should have known, Italians eat 'fresh'. Even so Italians have to preserve some food!

Hmmm, took from a train huh? Maybe deep down your feeling guilty and worried you'll poison yourself due to devine retribution.
    Or maybe your a wuss. You choose.
    More madness than method but it works for me.

Почтенный гражданин

hmm... maybe its not even caviar then?!?! It is a red/orange color...
    LOL thats probably just the cheap stuff. But what do you expect from a train?

Go on try it, just a tiny bit wont do you any harm (but if its out of date you'll know about it).

Quote Originally Posted by Ezri

aha... italians dont "can" foods... we cook then eat, so i wouldnt know about perserving foods. And when i eat foods that do come from a can, it is not like caviar where its fish eggs and could possibly give me aids or something if it is spoiled...

I think ill just stare at it and let it elude (sp?) me for a while. I am not feeling brave at the moment. And i dont even know if it is GOOD caviar, because i took it from a train.
    Ahh, I should have known, Italians eat 'fresh'. Even so Italians have to preserve some food!
    They do preserve bread in a form of spaghetti.

Hmmm, took from a train huh? Maybe deep down your feeling guilty and worried you'll poison yourself due to devine retribution.
    I wouldn't eat anything bought from a train. Really. I know my countrymen. They all go in a childlike delight when swindling foreigners.

If it smells bad - it is bad. Your nose is your best advisor.
    Well, this is one of the reasons I don't eat smelly cheese even though everybody says I'm crazy.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil

They do preserve bread in a form of spaghetti.

I wouldn't eat anything bought from a train. Really. I know my countrymen. They all go in a childlike delight when swindling foreigners.

If it smells bad - it is bad. Your nose is your best advisor.
    Well, this is one of the reasons I don't eat smelly cheese even though everybody says I'm crazy.
    yeah, but spaghetti never dies! If i would be on a deserted island for my whole life, i would want spaghetti and a pot... and i would surive. (maybe some sauce and herbs to make it taste better...)
    Io seeeiiiii che non posso parlare il russo come tu....

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Почтенный гражданин

i guess we perserve oreos and fritos... but those arent even italian!

and no, it was given to me on an overnight train! i did not steal it. (but even if i did, i would not feel guilty... it was a RUSSIAN train, they deserve it. )

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Завсегдатай
    before i knew it, i was in my boxers in the cold russian winter trying on different jeans....
    Don't tell us you were trying your jeans on outside.
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    before i knew it, i was in my boxers in the cold russian winter trying on different jeans....
    yheah man.. i was in a flee market. where am i supposed to go? its what the guy said people do there... so i just went along with it

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Завсегдатай
    yheah man.. i was in a flee market. where am i supposed to go? its what the guy said people do there... so i just went along with it
    Why go to a flea market for jeans? You won't buy proper jeans there. Being Italian you should know. After all it was Italian sailors who invented jeans so it should be in your blood to know where to shop for jeans.
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Почтенный гражданин
    Why go to a flea market for jeans? You won't buy proper jeans there. Being Italian you should know. After all it was Italian sailors who invented jeans so it should be in your blood to know where to shop for jeans.
    ok? I dont think you can tell me if i know where to shop and to not shop. I found really nice jeans and cheap... And yeah, they did. For one, you are welcome. Two, just because we invented it doesnt mean that i cant shop at a flea market for jeans.

I dont really care anyway... i have sexy as hell jeans that everyone i have talked to here complaiments me on. And when they ask how much i bought them for, they are even more impressed. So please, leave the shopping to italians...

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Завсегдатай
    What's the difference between 400 dollar jeans and 40 dollar jeans?

The guy who paid 400 dollars got ripped off.

Seriously what is the difference? Jeans are jeans. Length, number of pockets, аss fat, and bagginess aside... All jeans are more or less the same. Denim, oh my god!
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182

Seriously what is the difference? Jeans are jeans. Length, number of pockets, аss fat, and bagginess aside... All jeans are more or less the same. Denim, oh my god!
    Amen, tell that to my wife.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramil

Amen, tell that to my wife.
    and +1!

When I was young, I used to want the "real" (!!!) jeans - Levi's and stuff.... I soon found out that they actually fall apart much sooner than some of their cheaper counterparts .

Now, I think 40 dollar jeans are expensive!
    Ой, голова у меня кружится |-P ...... and my brain hurts too....

Завсегдатай
    You know some people buy brand new ripped jeans which look like they have been used a lot and those jeans cost more than good non-ripped jeans.

Почтенный гражданин

i know.. no need to insult my nationality because i went to a flea market... and seriously, 10 dollars for one fine sexy pair of jeans... you cant beat that

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by BabaYaga

and +1!

When I was young, I used to want the "real" (!!!) jeans - Levi's and stuff.... I soon found out that they actually fall apart much sooner than some of their cheaper counterparts .

Now, I think 40 dollar jeans are expensive!
    +2.

I've never understood all the designer hype. I dont know one label from another but I do know what feels comfortable and looks nice with the kind of price where I wont care if I get them muddy from the road, oily from my bike or holes in the knees.

Подающий надежды оратор
    I know all the time my mood of how much i know a language shifts greatly. One day, i will think i can say anything and feel so good about it, and the next day ill feel like i am such a beginner in the language, and feel like i need to study so much more.
    Yes, it happens to me, and I am confident that this sort of thing happens with all kinds of language learners. It also happens if you have taken a break from studying a certain language for a while, and then when you try and read a text or a news article, you feel "guilty" that you haven't studied as much.

Don't stress over it, and don't force yourself to learn. If you've reached a plateau in your language learning, there's no shame in taking a break. I've found that after intensively studying Russian for a month or so, I feel burned out and retaining newly-learned vocabulary is more difficult. After a week's break or so, however, it gets easier.

My issue right now is that if I see a word, I can usually guess its meaning from the context, or even without context, in isolation. That's because I look at languages more from a linguistic perspective than a surviving-to-get-by perspective. However, remembering such words and how to use them in conversation is another issue for me.

Totally true, Uvula.

I'd even say, it's good to take a break when you hit a serious plateau, it gives your brain time to recover a bit, and you're usually better at what you were leraning after the break than before.

Ezri: one word : Penney's !!!!!
    Ой, голова у меня кружится |-P ...... and my brain hurts too....

Завсегдатай
    and seriously, 10 dollars for one fine sexy pair of jeans... you cant beat that
    10 dollars? I'd never think it's possible to but any good pants for that price :o

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast