View Poll Results: does it happen to you?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

16 88.89%
  • no

2 11.11%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Language mood

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by giovanni
    Quote Originally Posted by Автобус
    i thought you got tv in russian in the usa, to which i would have been so jealous! i know many people have asked the cable company to have shows in different languages, for me in italian, but they say there is not "a big enough audiance..."
    There is actually a Russian Tv Channel in our area but it must be special ordered and my parents won't spend the extra $ for it since I'm the only one that would watch it.

and when in hell will lost be back on? I feel like this show is just phoqueing with my brain. (pardon the french.) They show amazing episodes, then go away for 2 years, so then i forget everything that happened. Then i dont really want to get back into it, but i have to. so i watch the ones from last season, and then the new season is awesome. Then another 5 year waiting... its so cruel!
    The fourth season of Lost will start in Feb. 2008, they are doing this to eliminate that 2-3 month break like they had last season.
    thats retarded... tv has to be a scam man. I pay whatever the hell the cable bill is every month... and still i have to watch commercials and wait years for one stupid show. Seem fair to you?

(and since youre obviously on top of things... do you know when the amazing race is on again too?)
    tv is a big scam... the internet, though... has no commercials... but.... cost quite a bit to maintain...

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryfynch
    i thought you got tv in russian in the usa, to which i would have been so jealous! i know many people have asked the cable company to have shows in different languages, for me in italian, but they say there is not "a big enough audiance..."
    There is actually a Russian Tv Channel in our area but it must be special ordered and my parents won't spend the extra $ for it since I'm the only one that would watch it.

and when in hell will lost be back on? I feel like this show is just phoqueing with my brain. (pardon the french.) They show amazing episodes, then go away for 2 years, so then i forget everything that happened. Then i dont really want to get back into it, but i have to. so i watch the ones from last season, and then the new season is awesome. Then another 5 year waiting... its so cruel!
    The fourth season of Lost will start in Feb. 2008, they are doing this to eliminate that 2-3 month break like they had last season.
    thats retarded... tv has to be a scam man. I pay whatever the hell the cable bill is every month... and still i have to watch commercials and wait years for one stupid show. Seem fair to you?

(and since youre obviously on top of things... do you know when the amazing race is on again too?)
    tv is a big scam... the internet, though... has no commercials... but.... cost quite a bit to maintain...
    this is very true... but internet also gives you important connections that are necessary... tv is just for enjoyment. If i had to choose, i would much rather have internet!
    Io seeeiiiii che non posso parlare il russo come tu....

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Почётный участник

this is very true... but internet also gives you important connections that are necessary... tv is just for enjoyment. If i had to choose, i would much rather have internet!
    Plus, you can watch TV on the internet
    And also to answer your question giovanni, I don't watch The Amazing Race so I don't know. But I thought I heard something about it being on now or soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    Your mum played her balalaika for me all last night.
    АК АК, АК47

Почтенный гражданин
    man... i need to watch that show! Im so out of the whole tv thing recently. I remember when they went to russia, they always ate huge things of caviar. And i always said "ewww". And i still say ew... but i never tried it! I have two bottles of it downstairs, but im too scared to try it! (does anyone know if its safe to eat caviar after its been at room temperature for a week??)

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Naahhh Bussie luv - TV programmes are made to be shown on TV, watching them on a computer isn't the same. A bit like watching a cinema movie on television......

To get back to the original topic:
    My language mood of the day:

Ой, голова у меня кружится |-P ...... and my brain hurts too....

Почтенный гражданин
    [quote=Автобус]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Автобус":30lmxoma

And also to answer your question giovanni, I don't watch The Amazing Race so I don't know. But I thought I heard something about it being on now or soon.[/quote:30lmxoma]

the connections provided by the internet are more necessary now than they were a decade ago, but if all internet died... I think I would live.... it would just be hard...

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by BabaYaga

To get back to the original topic:
    My language mood of the day:

i hear you!! Today i felt so depressed about languages... i woke up and felt like i could not say a word!

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Почтенный гражданин

Also recently I have noticed that I am beginning to subconsciously read Cyrillic to myself. Like there will be something on T.V. and I read it and then go wait a minute, that was Cyrillic. Also if there is a Cyrillic acronym I'll do the same thing and then not be able to remember if it was in English or Cyrillic.
    Bah! That is what is totally eluding me at the moment! I can speak any word I hear first time, but I can only read a very few words whos whole shapes I'm familiar with, but individual letters elude me. After several weeks I'm still struggling with the alphabet and reading familiar letters as english rather than russian.
    It's driving me mad!
    More madness than method but it works for me.

Почтенный гражданин
    I was so into season 1 and 2 I was almost glued to the TV whenever Lost came on. Then season 3 was so dissappointing I decided I just didnt care what happened to any of em.
    Ill probably watch the very last episode just to see what happens though.

Почтенный гражданин
    (does anyone know if its safe to eat caviar after its been at room temperature for a week??)
    Your Italian, your suppose to know about food!

I dont like the stuff myself but if it's in a tin and before the end date it should be fine. But you might want to chill it before eating it.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezri
    (does anyone know if its safe to eat caviar after its been at room temperature for a week??)
    Your Italian, your suppose to know about food!

I dont like the stuff myself but if it's in a tin and before the end date it should be fine. But you might want to chill it before eating it.
    aha... italians dont "can" foods... we cook then eat, so i wouldnt know about perserving foods. And when i eat foods that do come from a can, it is not like caviar where its fish eggs and could possibly give me aids or something if it is spoiled...

I think ill just stare at it and let it elude (sp?) me for a while. I am not feeling brave at the moment. And i dont even know if it is GOOD caviar, because i took it from a train.

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Caviar should be black (not oily black with some whie spots) but coal black. It should be loose (berries shouldn't stick together, caviar that I keep seeing lately can be cut with a knife like a butter - it's cr@p).
    It should smell good and taste good.

Caviar that I see in supermarkets costs as if it were made out of gold and tastes like sh|t. This happens because there are very many poachers who catch sturgeon illegally and simply cannot provide caviar a good (and clean) treatment. It's either has too much salt in it or simply rots.
    The average price for black caviar should be around $800-1000 per kilogram and it's very hard to get good caviar even for that lot of money.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Caviar should be black (not oily black with some whie spots) but coal black. It should be loose (berries shouldn't stick together, caviar that I keep seeing lately can be cut with a knife like a butter - it's cr@p).
    It should smell good and taste good.

Caviar that I see in supermarkets costs as if it were made out of gold and tastes like sh|t. This happens because there are very many poachers who catch sturgeon illegally and simply cannot provide caviar a good (and clean) treatment. It's either has too much salt in it or simply rots.
    The average price for black caviar should be around $800-1000 per kilogram and it's very hard to get good caviar even for that lot of money.
    hmm... maybe its not even caviar then?!?! It is a red/orange color...

i am trying to remember what it says on it... but i thought it was just a brand. I do not want to go downstairs to look... икра!!! i think this is what it said... but maybe not. is this caviar or some other food??

Da vero, sono Italiano!

=)

Завсегдатай
    It can be black ("черная икра") OR red/orange ("красная икра"). It's just different kinds of fish. The black caviar is more expensive.

Click to see the pictures: BLACK and RED.

Завсегдатай
    Икра красная, икра чёрная… Да! Заморская икра… баклажанная!
    Цитата из фильма "Иван Васильевич меняет профессию".
    If you have problems with both posting new messages and sending PMs, you can send an e-mail to the Forum Administrator here:
    http://masterrussian.net/sendmessage.php
    У меня что-то с почтой, на ЛС ответить не могу. (

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    It can be black ("черная икра") OR red/orange ("красная икра"). It's just different kinds of fish. The black caviar is more expensive.

Click to see the pictures: BLACK and RED.
    ok.. thanks alot! i see it is the red caviar...

so it is worth trying?

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Завсегдатай
    so it is worth trying?
    Of course, it's worth trying, why not? Just be sure the keeping time hasn't expired yet. I'm not sure you will like it, though. It's... mmm... salty.

PS. The best (simple) way to eat it is to make small sandwiches: white bread, butter and caviar. Try not to smash these small caviar eggs, spreading them over the bread. That's just eww!

Почтенный гражданин
    ok... maybe one day ill become brave! I know that i hated the food in russia... (i am sorry), so i doubt i will like caviar. But seriously, what is wrong with you russians??? You put maionaise and ketchup on pizza!! As an italian, i was appaulled...

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Завсегдатай
    The first time I tried caviar I liked it. Then the next time I didn't...

Strange. Maybe its because the fact I was eating fish eggs actually hit me.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast