• no

18 33.33%
  • I live there

13 24.07%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you been to Russia

Подающий надежды оратор

Have I been to Russia yet?

Erm, nope, but I am planning on making the trip next month to see my Princess (do I hear wedding bells?)
    Countries I been to.........USA, Atlanta, I even have a claim to fame here, I jammed with American Actor Steven Segal!...he is a good guitarist by the way. Italy, Sardinia, Rome, Milan, England (Duh I live here!)Though sometimes I keep thinking Im in America, because I am always in a state! France (cheaper ciggies there, just nip on the eurostar and then Im sorted, but the customs usually 'p' me off!) Tenerife, Oh, and when I dont go anywhere, I usually tell people that I went to romania for my hols.........get it? (Remain here!) But I am hoping that if my lucky stars are looking down on me I would like to become a Russian Citizen.......God Help Me!
    PRIVET!
    kuk d'la hows it going dude?

Почтенный гражданин
    Wow. Its so funny to read English from England. All those little sayings that no one says in the U.S. I like it.

Почётный участник
    That reminds me of the movie "Gataga", I thought that crippled dude was awesome.

Новичок
    всем привет!

I've been to Belgium and France and sometime in the future, I would like to go to Russia.

Подающий надежды оратор

hey bianca

The words I speak are not 'typical English', it is typical London, you see if you go to some parts of England they sound and say words that are very different, like, if you go north........or, op north, they have some strange words, if you have ever sen the film, 'The Full Monty' that is how they talk in the yorkshire areas, and as you have probably guessed, we use the word 'bloody' quite a lot, like, ' this website is bloody excellent, or when the custom dudes see me every other month with my case loads of fags (ciggies) they usually say, 'oh bloody hell, not you again!, you cant take all those in to England, we'll have some of those', then I would reply with something like, 'you touch just one of my fags and I shall knock ya bleeding head orf you git!' I hope there are no customs officers reading this or I could be looking forward to a holiday at one of Her Majesty's hotels! (nick.......jail!) One of the best DVD's to get to see typical londoners is the comedy 'only fools and horses'.
    Did I also tell you that there is usually a bit of bantering with Northeners and Southerners, if you are from a foreign country listening to it, you may find it quite comical..........Northeners usually say things like, Those bloody Londoners are soft as sh*** whereas us Londoners/Southeners sometimes call them things like, Nothern Monkeys, or Andy Caps. Oh one more thing.....sorry northeners reading this.........there is a myth that anyone born North of Watford is thick! but anyway, Us Brits are a very varied lot. Ok, now its time to watch, Eastenders and Coronation Street! I wonder if I can get these programmes in Russia, Im sure my lady will find them most amusing!
    PRIVET!
    kuk d'la hows it going dude?

Подающий надежды оратор
    'Fools & Horses' rocks. Alas, BBC America has decided that it's better to show Ground Force marathons every day instead of Father Ted or 'Fools & Horses' at all.

I had to hold off on voting because, while I haven't been to Russia yet, I will be moving there for 11 months in mid-August to attend Moscow State University (to study Russian the first stint, for a Bachelor's in journalism in subsequent stints if I get accepted directly).

I would leave tomorrow if I could, but I can't even send in my passport until July 6. Stupid laws.
    "I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick."
    Skype - el_casey

Новичок

Re: Have you been to Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Biancca
    I have never been to Russia
    Who has?

What countries have you been to ?

Here is the pathetic list of countries I have been to:
    U.S.A. , Canada, Scotland, England, Germany, Belgium, France

What countries would you most like to see?

I would of course like to go to Russia, and maybe Austrailia. I want to go everywhere actually.
    Why did you call pathetic countries about USA, Canada Scotland England Germany or Belgium?
    ?
    want to know more about Russia for a next travel to visit

Старший оракул
    hey, el casey ill be in the MGU forign language faculity for 9 months starting september might see ya around
    you staying in the main building?
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

Завсегдатай

Re: Have you been to Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsss
    Quote Originally Posted by Biancca
    I have never been to Russia
    Who has?

What countries have you been to ?

Here is the pathetic list of countries I have been to:
    U.S.A. , Canada, Scotland, England, Germany, Belgium, France

What countries would you most like to see?

I would of course like to go to Russia, and maybe Austrailia. I want to go everywhere actually.
    Why did you call pathetic countries about USA, Canada Scotland England Germany or Belgium?
    ?
    She said her LIST is pathetic because she only visited 7 countries.

I do not think her list is pathetic. My list contains only 6 countries (unless you count Puerto Rico).

I have been to USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, England, Ukraine, Puerto Rico, and I passed through Holland, Germany, Austria. I never made it to Russia but I am planning on going there soon.
    Какая разница, умереть богатым или бедным?

Какой толк от богатства если ты не счастлив.

Новичок

Country List

I have an equally pathetic list of countries.

United States
    Canada
    Mexico
    Ukraine

ahh, I mean its pathetic in being such a short list...I was not trying to say Mexico is a toilet.

After all, I'm not trying to be rude or offend any Mexicans...I'm just saying I haven't visited that many countries, ok?

I said that I had been to Russia in the poll, because back then Ukraine was pretty close to being Russian...not sure if I should list it the same now.
    I am going to Ukraine again this year.

Maybe I will visit Moscow someday...I'd like to, maybe if they host the olympics.

Завсегдатай

Re: Country List

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Dupuy
    I said that I had been to Russia in the poll, because back then Ukraine was pretty close to being Russian...not sure if I should list it the same now.
    Don't ever say such things to a Russian. Ukraine has always been very different from Russia. Even the homo soveticae will tell you that. It really pisses off most Russians when foreigners talk about Ukranian folk dancers as Russians. But since I'm really a churka*, with only a few droplets of Russian blood, I don't really care. Just thought I'd tell you so that you don't commit this social faux pax when you meet some real Russians.

* - bad word, don't use it. it's ok for me though, cos I'm one.
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Well, it is kind of hard not to call Ukranians Russians, especially the ones who speak Russian as a native tounge...

Take, for example, a Ukranian from the Donetsk region who has all grand parents as Russians, Russian is the mother tounge, do they consider themselves Russian or Ukranian?

I know several Ukranians who answer "yes" to the question "are you Russian" and yes to "are you Ukranian"... Culturally and historically Ukraine has been very close to Russia... Can't we consider them as Russians in terms of ethnicity, not nationality?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Well, it is kind of hard not to call Ukranians Russians, especially the ones who speak Russian as a native tounge...

Take, for example, a Ukranian from the Donetsk region who has all grand parents as Russians, Russian is the mother tounge, do they consider themselves Russian or Ukranian?

I know several Ukranians who answer "yes" to the question "are you Russian" and yes to "are you Ukranian"... Culturally and historically Ukraine has been very close to Russia... Can't we consider them as Russians in terms of ethnicity, not nationality?
    Its kind of like my uncle says it, "Whenever something good happens to a Ukrainian then on that day they are Ukrainians, but once a policeman appraoches them they are Russians."
    Phantom Squirreleath by Acorns

Почтенный гражданин
    Well, countries I have visited, or lived.

Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tadjikistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine, Azerbadjan, Armenia, Georgia, Cyprus, England, USA.

Long list. but most of countries are former USSR.
    DO NOT READ MY SIGNATURE!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123