Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Russians steal as much as Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    oh.. and i am so sorry to offend, but americans are retarded! I have been here for a while... and i want all my italian brothers to come to america and take it to you people. I see every day people who leave the keys in the car and run inside a store with the doors open. It is so tempting to jump in! In italy, this car would be taken, painted, and sold!

So why are you americans retarted in this aspect????!
    Don't jump to conclusions. The Americans leave their keys in the car hoping that in case it's stolen they'd get paid by an insurance company.
    ahahahahahahahaha!! its probably true too! i guess if it is a horrible car, they might do this. But i see people leaving nice nice cars just sit!
    Their compensation is rather high too - they can always buy a newer one with some nice payment plan. They always run for money like children And I can imagine how great is the number of insurance companies in USA and how eager they are to steal clients from each other.

And how do you explain that to an ensurance company? "I just left the keys and hoped noone would take it"? I am sure your rate would go up for that...
    It goes like this 'I've been attacked by some guy with a gun', etc... I really don't know.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Властелин
    I rarely locked my front at night until I got married and my wife started nagging me about it, and in my home town in Scotland I often didn't even lock it when I went out, and neither did I ever lock my car.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by scotcher
    I rarely locked my front at night until I got married and my wife started nagging me about it, and in my home town in Scotland I often didn't even lock it when I went out, and neither did I ever lock my car.
    excuse me kind sir... what is your address and license plate?
    Io seeeiiiii che non posso parlare il russo come tu....

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Завсегдатай
    oh.. and i am so sorry to offend, but americans are retarded! I have been here for a while... and i want all my italian brothers to come to america and take it to you people. I see every day people who leave the keys in the car and run inside a store with the doors open. It is so tempting to jump in! In italy, this car would be taken, painted, and sold!

So why are you americans retarted in this aspect????! :o :lol:
    Never thought Italians love to steal like Gypsies :o Or maybe it's only you and your bros? :)

Завсегдатай
    I've stolen from a store before :P its not impossible. Not a lot. Infact the first time i was like 16. People always talked about how they steal shit. So yeah I've taken a red bull or two in my day, its not impossible.

And, I leave my stuff unlocked all the time too, but, I'm on a military base :P you wouldn't get around the corner here without 7 bored to death military cops shooting to kill you.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Aaahhh, I love going on hols to places where people don't lock their doors (this summer I spent on a little Danish island, where many people don't even have locks in their doors!)

It gives you such a sense of total freedom.
    Ой, голова у меня кружится |-P ...... and my brain hurts too....

Завсегдатай
    I once conducted this experiment. I had triple doors in my apartment at the time (now I have four), so I removed all of the ten locks from the outermost one and placed a sensor on it so that if someone opened it, I'd get a quiet buzz. You know what? That night my door got pulled 19 times! 19 times! 19 random people tried to enter my apartment illegally. Luckily this was in St Petersburg, Russia. If it had been in, say, St Petersburg Florida, I guess the very first burglar would have put a battering ram to my other doors and broken into the apartment.
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Завсегдатай
    In this country it's not uncommon for people to lose their arms when they get their bags snatched by petty criminals. A businessman may have his case snatched along with his wrist. A lady may have her handbag snatched and off will come her shoulder. Backpacks, don't ever wear those unless you feel like getting quartered.
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    In this country it's not uncommon for people to lose their arms when they get their bags snatched by petty criminals. A businessman may have his case snatched along with his wrist. A lady may have her handbag snatched and off will come her shoulder. Backpacks, don't ever wear those unless you feel like getting quartered.

Is there any particular support system in Russia for people who get maimed this way? A bit like war veterans?

<snip>... , I'd get a quiet buzz.
    Ooo. Lucky you.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by net surfer

So why are you americans retarted in this aspect????!
    Never thought Italians love to steal like Gypsies Or maybe it's only you and your bros?
    notice how i only said "tempted" to steal.... because as i said before, we feel it is our duty to teach a lesson to the stupid people who make it so easy to steal like this!

but, if i would steal, i am too scared that the police would kill me. american police are crazy! and especially to immigrants!

the police here pulled over my friends for having 1 too many people in the back seat, and they saw they were immigrants, and they gave them a 250 dollar ticket! (they are russians, by the way! )

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Подающий надежды оратор
    So, if I'm walking down the street in Moscow and someone tries to steal my wallet what will happen if I fight with him? (To return that "teach a lesson" theory)

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by MagellanTX
    So, if I'm walking down the street in Moscow and someone tries to steal my wallet what will happen if I fight with him? (To return that "teach a lesson" theory)
    they will take out their cameras, film it, and put it on youtube with the label "Russian kicks American's ass".

Da vero, sono Italiano!

Почётный участник
    they will take out their cameras, film it, and put it on youtube with the label "Russian kicks American's ass".
    I dont know, what if Magellan here is a bad ass? He is from Texas. Know who else is from Texas? Walker Texas Ranger (Chuck Norris)
    Quote Originally Posted by TATY
    Your mum played her balalaika for me all last night.
    АК АК, АК47

Magellan - you may be able to handle the pickpocket. But are you sure you'll be able to handle the милиция that turns up?!

Подающий надежды оратор
    That's really what the question is about. It sounds like I would have no recourse if I caught someone trying to steal from me.

1) Take my chances and hope they are not stronger than me.
    2) Fight them and wait for the милиция to shoot me dead.
    3) Walk away and act like nothing has happened.

Starting to worry about visting this country.

Завсегдатай
    No one said it's a safe country :)

Magellan - you forgot about the street-roaming bears that will eat you!!!

Завсегдатай
    Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.

I salute Yazeed who doesn't worry about going to Russia and be everything he can be there, either mugged or beaten up.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Quote Originally Posted by Rtyom
    Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
    Oh yes, AND those!!

Завсегдатай
    I dunno...

Do these cops really look like they would harm a pickpocket victim?

Just keep your wallet somewhere where a thief can't get it, and then you avoid the whole problem.

But if there was a problem, I highly doubt that 1) A petty Russian criminal would get into a fistfight with you over a potentially empty wallet.
    2) I doubt you would be able to take them because 9 times out of 10... Russian scammers work in groups, so you'd be fighting 3 or 4 of them. How tough are you?

Just keep your wallet in your jacket with your passport and everything will be dandy.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast