Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bloody Frenchies

Увлечённый спикер
    Who's that Turkmenbashi anyway ?

First France, then Holland.
    There is this "European Unity" they were talking about?
    Кр. -- сестр. тал.

Завсегдатай
    TriggerHappyJack
    Please, please, please, don't take your facts from yellow press, get to know the country and its people in person.

How are large-scale hospital closings wise?
    They are closing down old rundown hospitals and opening up new ones. Get your facts straight, Jack.

Or the glorification of himself while most people live in poverty.
    There'll always be people living in poverty. Always. What do you want the man to do? Flagilate himself? What's wrong with his pampering himself every now and then? Don't we do it ourselves sometimes? Think of the last time you had that ice-cream you really shouldn't have had. I see nothing wrong with taking pride in what you do, especially if you're good at it. The man's a bit of a lad, so what?

There are over-crowded classrooms
    Because unlike many other countries the average Turkmen boy strives for knowledge. He turns to books like a flower leaning towards the sun, he turns to books cos they're the only one ... true source of knowledge.

with the Ruhnama becoming the basis of everything!
    You should first discover what Ruhnama actually is.

My friend from Turkmenistan was afraid to talk about the government over the phone! There is no way things could be going well if the people are too afraid to talk about it.
    People aren't afraid to talk about it - they just don't want to (as for your friend, why can't he/she just be one of those few persons with paranoia - happens in all societies, you know). It's something you foreigners will never understand. When you're happy and content you don't scream about it from the roof top. You don't do that in Russia and they certainly don't do it in Turkmenistan. It's not the Turkmen way. Turkmenistan's people are very wise.

"Why do we need such hospitals?" he said. "If people are ill, they can come to Ashgabat."
    Lies, lies, and more western lies. The man has been misquoted. He never said that.

I forgot to mention the decleration of all foreign degrees as invalid in Turkmenistan, leaving many state employees jobless.
    Excuse me, do you know that many immigrants from the ex-USSR had the same problem with their degrees in the West? Why should your oh so great degrees mean anything in Turkmenistan? Are they compatible with Turkmeninstan's educational standards? I think not. Then such a move is a perfectly legitimate one.

As well as students studying abroad currently left unsure as to what they will do now...etc..."
    Those'll hardly be the smartest of the Turkmen students for obviously they've never heard of "look before you leap". Well, they've made their bed now they must lie in it!
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoduck
    Oh, let me tell you about this country Iceland, you might like it also. The country is ruled by a race of two-headed giants who are only satisfied by tributes of kitchen appliances. The country is very cold, except for the tops of mountains--where grows a tropical rain forest.
    I've been to Iceland. Tell your fairytales to someone else.

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    Tell your fairytales to someone else.
    Likewise.

Почтенный гражданин
    They are closing down old rundown hospitals and opening up new ones. Get your facts straight, Jack.
    I suppose you heard that from him, didn't you?

There'll always be people living in poverty. Always. What do you want the man to do? Flagilate himself? What's wrong with his pampering himself every now and then? Don't we do it ourselves sometimes? Think of the last time you had that ice-cream you really shouldn't have had. I see nothing wrong with taking pride in what you do, especially if you're good at it. The man's a bit of a lad, so what?
    Building golden statues of yourself, posting your pictures everywhere, renaming months after you and your family, etc. is a little more extreme than pampering youself.

Because unlike many other countries the average Turkmen boy strives for knowledge. He turns to books like a flower leaning towards the sun, he turns to books cos they're the only one ... true source of knowledge.
    Then why are most libraries outside the capital being closed, and Turkmen classics being burned for disagreeing with the Turkmenbashi's views? And on top of that most books in the libraries that are open are written in cyrillic, and since 1996 the state's been teaching to read and write in a roman alphabet.

You should first discover what Ruhnama actually is.
    It's a guide on how to be a good Turmen. It also happens to put Niyazov as a leader chosen by god, and says that Turkmen discovered both writing and the wheel. And you have to pass an exam on it for all jobs. A eurologist has to pass a thirty question exam on the Ruhnama while he is asked almost no questions about Eurolgy.

People aren't afraid to talk about it - they just don't want to (as for your friend, why can't he/she just be one of those few persons with paranoia - happens in all societies, you know). It's something you foreigners will never understand. When you're happy and content you don't scream about it from the roof top. You don't do that in Russia and they certainly don't do it in Turkmenistan. It's not the Turkmen way. Turkmenistan's people are very wise.
    Not even worth arguing.

Lies, lies, and more western lies. The man has been misquoted. He never said that.
    Sure it is.

Those'll hardly be the smartest of the Turkmen students for obviously they've never heard of "look before you leap". Well, they've made their bed now they must lie in it!
    Look before you leap!? It wasn't decided until after most of them left for study! The only reason tha the decided that foreign degrees were invalid was because they were taught without the Ruhnama (I'm assuming) and therefor his propaganda can't be inforced!

[/quote]
    I come to represent and carve my name within your chest.

Завсегдатай
    I suppose you heard that from him, didn't you?
    From people directly involved in the construction of those hospitals. You know, my being not as many miles away from the place as you are kind of puts things in a straighter picture for me whereas all you have to go by is the lies your gov't servers you (not that you're a passive victim, you actually lap it up, you eat them lies like cake and ask for more)

Building golden statues of yourself, posting your pictures everywhere, renaming months after you and your family, etc. is a little more extreme than pampering youself.
    So, the man is overzealous, so what? I don't see anything wrong with that.

Then why are most libraries outside the capital being closed, and Turkmen classics being burned for disagreeing with the Turkmenbashi's views?
    Lies, lies and more lies. Look, come up with something more sophisticated than that.

And on top of that most books in the libraries that are open are written in cyrillic, and since 1996 the state's been teaching to read and write in a roman alphabet.
    Both alphabests are interchangeable, have been around for yonks and present no problem to the average Turkmen.

It's a guide on how to be a good Turmen. It also happens to put Niyazov as a leader chosen by god, and says that Turkmen discovered both writing and the wheel.
    Yes, but isn't that so? Archeological data is very much supports that view (so I've heard from university don types).

And you have to pass an exam on it for all jobs.
    Nothing wrong with that either. It's called "know and love thy country". Don't you know that in the US as well as in most other countries immigrants have to pass an exam to obtain citizenship? In reality they happen to know much more about the history of the coutry they're immigrating to than the local bloody population! So what's happening in Turkmenistan is that they're being fair towards everyone - it's not just foreigners wishing to settle that should know the history of the country but every citizen. I think it's really amazing.

A eurologist has to pass a thirty question exam on the Ruhnama while he is asked almost no questions about Eurolgy.
    And what the ... is a eurologist? A urologist from the EU? What, do European prostate glands need special antibiotics or something?

Not even worth arguing.
    Look, how many times have we gone down this road on this forum? OK, I'll reiterate it for you. People in the West and people in Russia and the ex-Republics have a lot in common - they share the core human values, so it's been said. In reality, we do indeed share certain values but there's a lot that makes us different. It is almost impossible for the average Russian to appriciate the values of democracy as you see them in the West because different laws of social mathematics are at play.

The Russians are a nation of warriors while most Western nations are nations of "engineers". That explains why Russian consumer goods are shite and will never be anything but shite. A Russian can be a war engineer but never a consumer goods designer. A Russian can make a superb gun or missile, but never a superb DVD player. A Russian person cares not about his living conditions because any soldier who shuns camping out would be called a sissy. Russian interrior designers? Decorators? Give me a break. A Russian person is a warrior and therefore has a different set of values with regard to what "freedom", "democracy" and "patriotism" mean to him. It's perfectly normal for a Russian person to combine "democracy" with what you call "authoritarianism" - democracy for a Russian is when you have a wise and just ruler - silnaya ruka ("strong hand") - in the West you would call it a dictatorship. It isn't for a Russian, no, no. You can't truelly fathom this unless you grew up among Russians and were brought up as a Russian. I'm not saying you can't fathom it because I think you're stupid, no, I'm not that dumb to consider all foreigners stupid, hell, I know so many of you lot that I just can't stand it when some people try to sell me that kind of BS (like that dude Zadornov, though I actually think he's being sarcastic most of the time), but it really is true - unless you grew up among us you will never fully understand us. The opposite is also true - we, Russians, will never see your values the way you see them. Now, of course all this is a huge generalization, and I will find many Russians disagreing with me, in fact, I myself disagree with the view I've just presented, but this opinion seems to be prevalent in my society so you can't just brush it under the carpet, got to face facts. If you turn to Turkmen you will also discover many differences both between us Russians and you Westerners. They run really deep, these differences.

Look before you leap!? It wasn't decided until after most of them left for study!
    Ever heard of "foresight"?

The only reason tha the decided that foreign degrees were invalid was because they were taught without the Ruhnama (I'm assuming) and therefor his propaganda can't be inforced!
    Well, you should not assume. Why don't you stop assuming and learn the true facts? The true facts are that you, we and they have different educational standards. Degrees simply happen to be incompatible. It's a clash of educational bearocracy. Same thing happens in the US and Europe - when a Russian doctor comes to work there he can only expect a position of an orderly unless he takes exams to prove his degree is worth something.

Почтенный гражданин
    There are so many reports about the eudaction system, Runama, his little cult he's building, etc. There is nothing good about this guy. His education system is going to leave an entire generation clueless about the rest of the world, or even the truth in their own country. It is not just some Western conspiracy! If it was a Western conspiracy then there would be more pressure for change! It doesn't make sense to say all these reports of humanitarian abuses are made-up. I sat with a person from Turkmenistan reading articles about this and she would confirm every single thing that they were saying.
    I come to represent and carve my name within your chest.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHappyJack
    I sat with a person from Turkmenistan reading articles about this and she would confirm every single thing that they were saying.
    With a person, eh? I know hundreds of persons from Turkmenistan who'd disagree with you.

Почётный участник
    Yes, VendingMachine, we have established that you possess the ability to disagree with anything. It's getting old.

Завсегдатай
    The only thing here getting old is your love of horror stories about Russia and the ex-Republics.

Почётный участник
    Keep on proving me right.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoduck
    Keep on proving me right.
    UVAVU. 'Tis you me lad who's doing it.

mike
    As an American citizen, I am disappointed that the EU constitution is dead. Without one unified government, you are making it twenty times more tedious for us to finish the job and take you all over. Now we have to topple each country one by one. What, do I look like I'm Alexander the Great here? I know the French get a bad reputation for being rude, but now I'm not so sure it's a stereotype. Thanks a lot, you inconsiderate bunch of jerks.

Завсегдатай
    But alas...I think the fact that you have never lived in Turkmenistan makes your adoration of Turkmenbashi much more understandable.
    Geoduck, you have to be kidding me.

@VM: Shame on you! Haven't you gotten tired of your games, old man?

Старший оракул
    Welcome back stranger.

We were starting to come up with crazy hypotheses about where you went...

1) You eloped with Cheburashka to Amsterdam.

And thats about it...

Завсегдатай
    Alas, dear Saibot, it's time for me to stay a stranger - the forum, if you ask me, has gone down the drain. I stopped by to perhaps give dropping random witty and semi-witty posts another try, but it seems there's no more fun left in that for me. Goodbye, or better yet, прощай!

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    It won't be the same without you Pravitt.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай
    Pravit, if you leave, then the entire forum will go to pot.
    Stay a while. Here, have a cupcake. Yummmmy!

Какая разница, умереть богатым или бедным?

Какой толк от богатства если ты не счастлив.

Quote Originally Posted by Pravit
    Alas, dear Saibot, it's time for me to stay a stranger - the forum, if you ask me, has gone down the drain. I stopped by to perhaps give dropping random witty and semi-witty posts another try, but it seems there's no more fun left in that for me. Goodbye, or better yet, прощай!
    What's the problem with the General Forum? Seriously

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast