Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bleak article about Russia

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by DagothWarez
    Нажала бы на ссылочку и увидела. 500 мегофф весит.
    Ага... Нажала бы на ссылочку и скачала бы случайненько так 500 мегабайт У меня не безлимитный траффик.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    But out of curiosity, where is your hotel(s)? Maybe I'll take a chance and check it out!
    And why would I be (Moderated. L.)? Didn't you say that
    A hotel with provided food catered to westerners isn't my cup of samogon
    ?
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Это вы про какой фильм, товарищи? Может, я юмора не понимаю?
    I hope the movie is still there http://docteurevil.com/files/Russia%20Movie.wmv
    Ах, фильм слишком много весит.... но было бы очень интересно его просмотреть

Quote Originally Posted by DagothWarez
    Я знаю, я фильм скачивал. Больше не снял ничего?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    И действительно. Ты же был недавно на Украине! Интересно было бы посмотреть новый фильм норвежского режиссера, широко известного в узких кругах
    Да, недавно был на Украине и там снимали (то есть моя подруга снимала). Но я пока не получил видео от неё, так что пока не делал ничего. Но будет, будет

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Ага... Нажала бы на ссылочку и скачала бы случайненько так 500 мегабайт У меня не безлимитный траффик.
    Может я переделаю его на меньше размера для тебя? Сколько тебе угодно (учитывай, что тем меньше размер, тем хуже качество (фильм длится 40 мин))

[quote=VendingMachine]
    But out of curiosity, where is your hotel(s)? Maybe I'll take a chance and check it out!
    And why would I be (Moderated. L.)? Didn't you say that
    Quote Originally Posted by "kalinka_vinnie":y7ef0muy
    A hotel with provided food catered to westerners isn't my cup of samogon
    ?
    [/quote:y7ef0muy]
    I didn't understand your question, why would you be what?
    I don't usually go for the hotel scene, but your hotels seem to be special. Just curious to where they are and how much they cost. Got a website?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    Может, я переделаю его на меньший размер_ для тебя? Сколько тебе угодно (учитывай, что чем меньше размер, тем хуже качество (фильм длится 40 мин))
    Спасибо, дорогой Калинка, но это все равно будет много. Оставим до лучших времен
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Завсегдатай
    I don't usually go for the hotel scene, but your hotels seem to be special. Just curious to where they are and how much they cost. Got a website?
    You said you liked staying at your friends, so why break the habit of a lifetime? My hotel chain gets advertised enough, besides, this forum's policy forbids advertising. If you wish to benefit from its many excellent hospitality services please let me know and my staff will run a background check on you right away and you will be issued a special VIP invitation. You needn't worry about costs, we're very flexible and offer wonderful credit opportunities. There's a program which allows you to stay for free and sing for your supper at a saw mill in the country.

Почётный участник

Завсегдатай
    What a load of codswollop.

Властелин
    VM, pictured yesterday:

What a load of codswollop.
    \

Почётный участник

well

Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    Yeah, I'm sure they drink a lot at the countryside. Life there lacks of comfort and money. And there are some of drunkards even in the cities.

I understand why the guys here are so displeased, though. The whole article gives an impression to uninformed reader that each and everybody in Russia either fatally ill or dying, or going to kill himself.
    I don't like the exaggerating and whining of that kind as well.
    Yeah, it does give that impression. But then again, all articles give impressions that are not true, because you can never capture truth. Truth is in the eye of the beholder. But if the article is based on statistical facts, well then it is hard to argue with facts... I am sure Russian articles about USA are just as impressionable
    as they are in south africa .....i we have the highest violent crime rate in the world that still doesnt mean everyone is dying or that u will get mugged if u go on a holiday but statistically if u stay there for 10 years you will encounter your fair share of crime if not your own then someone elses. Does not make it a bad country. AIDS is very bad here too but doesnt mean that everyone will get it it just means that we had to change our views and become more realistic to the way our society has changed. We also faced a makeover with the fall of apartheid we suddenly had loads more problems than we ever had before economically we almost collapsed , however things are changing we may only see the results in the next 50 years by that time all the old apartheid thinkers will be dead or dying and we will have other things to think about I never used to even think we were a 3rd world country till I came to stay in the UK things are not perfect here either even when everyone has everything you get other problems like human rights laws , benefit fraud , people are scared of youngsters 12 to 14yr old because the law is on their side ....u cant even harm a burglar in your own home because its against the law. So at the end of the day stats are stats and people are people and we all do what we can. Russia is facing change its got lots of clever hardworking people I am sure everyone will get there in the end. Corruption in governments is everywhere people only get better at hiding it hahaha like the old Apartheid politicians they just took 50yrs to be caught but they were no less corrupt than their current counterparts only a balance needs to be reached. At the end of the day u do what u can the best u can do it,
    its my opinion - but its flexible

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456