Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here like Thrice the band?

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda11
    Some people swear. They're just words. Get over it.
    Ya but they're bad words. Yeah, they'll do stuff for you. Like help you get into hell.
    ~Amanda
    Oh, but what if you don't believe in hell? Then can you swear as much as you like?

Oh, and can u learn how to use the quote button? Its not that hard. If you want me to, i'll teach you!
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Почётный участник
    Some people swear. They're just words. Get over it.
    Ya but they're bad words. Yeah, they'll do stuff for you. Like help you get into hell.
    ~Amanda[/quote]

I'm going to the 8th level of hell according to the Dante's Inferno quiz--- of course I dont see how they placed me as i got "extreme" on nearly all of the 'sin' parts ...and very low on the 'good' parts...

Подающий надежды оратор
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182

Oh, but what if you don't believe in hell? Then can you swear as much as you like?
    Well, it exists.
    ~Amanda

Завсегдатай

Well, it exists.
    ~Amanda

No it doesn't. Prove it.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Завсегдатай

Well, it exists.
    ~Amanda

No it doesn't. Prove it.
    Look around Doggy boy. We live in hell. Convinced?
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Завсегдатай
    If by hell you mean in the southern hemesphere, then jolly ol chap by golly you're right!

Завсегдатай
    People adjust themselves to living in hell and many don't notice it. Our life turned from the harmless hell into the sheer hell. Southern hemisphere is just a fitting part of the puzzle of our hell.

Подающий надежды оратор
    Read the Bible, it proves there is a hell.
    ~Amanda

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    ~Amanda
    Actually, my dear (I've been trying to stay out of this one) many Bible believers don't believe that the Bible says that there is a literal hell. All references to hell ine the book are in analogy.

The idea that there is a hell as such with fire and brimstone was introduced to us by the Greek pagans.The Bible writers only used such analodies to explain a point to the people at a time when everyone in the known world was heavily influenced by Greek traditions.

I mean really? Who in their right mind would actually want to side with a god who was planning to incinerate his creations with fire for eternity by not letting them actually die but instead keep them in a conscious state so that they could feel the pain and agony on their skin at all times?? Hmm??

Especially when their crime may have only been only the tiniest infraction in their short human life and then to be tortured for billions of years for it.

Your idea of Chistianity is what scares so people away from it. You better go back and study some more because some well intentioned people have been hading out lies to you Lies which have been passed down from generation to generation.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай
    I don't stay away from Christianity but the idea of eternal tortures like that seems absurd and baseless to me.

Завсегдатай
    Also, about that bible. Have you ever even read 1 page of it? I'm sure you have, and if you have you'll notice it doesn't make sense. Not one damn word.

It kinda reminds me of those thanks giving plays, or songs about nothing really where the 'answer' is... Inside of us all.

10 diffrent people could look at the bible and interpret 10 diffrent things just as easily as you could from a painting by Van Gough. Some people think his cafe one is the apitomy of HELL and DARKNESS. Some say it's light, life at it's fullest. Yet nobody knows what the hell he was thinking when he painted it. He was probly drunk off his ass.

Besides. Didnt JESUS himself turn water into WINE?

Who's to say that the writers of the bible wernt drunk off their ass? Besides the fact that it was written thousands of years ago and translated thousands more times. The languages, the styles of writing, the time frame...

There are just way too many variables involved with the bible for me to even be able to consider taking it seriously without laughing my ass off.

Im sure jesus lived, Im sure he was a great guy... He was a stone aged hippie who went around being nice to people. And him and his friends sat around getting high, eating shrooms and drinking wine, writing up all sorts of good stories. And 2000 years later people are still dumn enough to believe them.

Also the fact that science can prove 9 out of 10 bible stories wrong 9 out of 10 times doesnt score a whole lot of points with me. Noah's ark? Phff Tectonic plates and COMMON SENSE solve that one.
    The virgin mary? Phff. there wernt any paternity tests back then, whos to say who the father was. Whos to say she wasnt a LIER? Why dont girls today use that excuse.

~Daddy, I swear I didn't let Joseph F* me ... God put the baby in me!
    Oh... God? Why didn't you say so! In that case lets rejoice! This baby is some kind of miracle without any further proof than the heresay of a filthy woman who lives in a barn with animals!

Besides... In ancient Hebrew language, or Aramaic the same world for "Little girl" was the exact same word as "virgin". Its not that hard to believe since even if you look at russain SO MANY common words (Like бабушка, девушка) which have to do with women or girls are either the diminutive of another word, or can have 2 meanings.

Whos to say she was a virgin? I mean Maybe someone who wrote about described her as a girl... but then some drunken deciple whos high on payote translated it as "virgin" and BAM, a great story was born.

Don't get me wrong... I've been to church my fair share of times. True, it does give you a warm and inviting feeling. It makes you feel alive and love life. But then again, so does a roller coaster.

Завсегдатай
    Bravo. I think you always have an ace up your sleeve. However juding from your post you're sort of material guy. It's not bad, but this sometimes veils the spiritual things. The world has changed a lot, and I believe that those things happened 2,000 years ago seem strange and outstanding now; no one knows exactly how it all happened. The only thing to remember is that it happened and gave a great imprint into the people's consciousness. So, this leads to the question: What would have been become of ours if materialism had won over?

Старший оракул

I'm going to the 8th level of hell according to the Dante's Inferno quiz--- of course I dont see how they placed me as i got "extreme" on nearly all of the 'sin' parts ...and very low on the 'good' parts...
    Im headed for the ninth level

Старший оракул
    ~Amanda
    A book written by unknown authors proves there is a Hell? Catholicism is the strictest religion (I know, my parents are Catholic. I am not) and it also has the highest rate of homosexual molestation amongst its teachers/students. And that's only the ones that got caught. I think Paul Mooney said it best when he answered the question:
    Q: What did Michael Jackson do wrong?
    A: Michael Jackson should have been a Catholic Priest. He would have just been transferred.

Religion is all about money. God & Jesus don't need money. Why do their "missionaries" need it from us? Did God say that He wants us to spent a crapload of money on His house? Are their lives enriched in Heaven by our money? No. TV Evangelists? Do you seriously believe they are messengers of God? I guarantee they sin more than me, and that's pretty hard to do.
    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

dzh
    Besides... In ancient Hebrew language, or Aramaic the same world for "Little girl" was the exact same word as "virgin". Its not that hard to believe since even if you look at russain SO MANY common words (Like бабушка, девушка) which have to do with women or girls are either the diminutive of another word, or can have 2 meanings.
    Lol, everybody's seen Snatch the movie =) And it's a fact that in Russian "девочка" in some contexts exactly means "a virgin".

Завсегдатай
    Ой вэй, и что уже ты хочешь сказать? :)

dzh
    Quote Originally Posted by net surfer
    Ой вэй, и что уже ты хочешь сказать?
    Я таки хочу сказать, что если даже что-то и написано, это вовсе не значит, что так оно на самом деле и есть.
    i'm going to see it one more time =)

Завсегдатай
    Hey, what about me!? I wanna watch it too!

dzh
    You're invited =)

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by dzh
    You're invited =)
    Great! Thanks. I'll need large popcorn and large iced tea. Take care of it please.
    :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast