Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Recordings of myself

  1. #1
    kib
    kib is offline
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Russia, Pyatigorsk
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9

    Recordings of myself

    Hi everyone!
    I've made some recordings of myself, and here are also recordings of speakers who I've tried to imitate. I would appreciate very much if someone would check my pronunciation. I aks you to be strict, and it will be very kind of you if you exactly tell me which sounds I pronounce incorrectly (I hope I pronounce not everything incorrectly). It's a pity that I've made low-quality recordings (I hardly recognised my own voice!), but next time I'll try to make better ones. Advice or any kind of suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance and all the best to everyone!
    The Lady of Shalott.mp3 [1.17MB] :: скачать файл с upload.com.ua
    The best of Christmas.mp3 [724.49KB] :: скачать файл с upload.com.ua
    Natasha\\\'s present.mp3 [1.37MB] :: скачать файл с upload.com.ua
    30 the lady of shalott3.mp3 [2.9MB] :: скачать файл с upload.com.ua
    34 cristmas.mp3 [3.61MB] :: скачать файл с upload.com.ua
    Я изучаю английский язык и поэтому делаю много ошибок. Но я не прошу Вас исправлять их, Вы можете просто ткнуть меня носом в них, или, точнее, пихнуть их мне в глаза. I'm studying English, and that's why I make a lot of mistakes. But I do not ask you to correct them, you may just stick my nose into them or more exactly stick them into my eyes.
    Всё, что не делается, не всегда делается к лучшему
    Но так же не всегда всё, что не делается, не делается не к худшему. : D

  2. #2
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The peoples state of New Jersey
    Posts
    1,137
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I've made some recordings of myself, and here are also recordings of speakers who I've tried to imitate. I would appreciate very much if someone would check my pronunciation. I aks you to be strict, and it will be very kind of you if you exactly tell me which sounds I pronounce incorrectly (I hope I pronounce not everything incorrectly). It's a pity that I've made low-quality recordings (I hardly recognised my own voice!), but next time I'll try to make better ones. Advice or any kind of suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance and all the best to everyone!
    The Lady of Shalott.mp3 [1.17MB] :: скачать файл с upload.com.ua
    The best of Christmas.mp3 [724.49KB] :: скачать файл с upload.com.ua
    Natasha\\\'s present.mp3 [1.37MB] :: скачать файл с upload.com.ua
    30 the lady of shalott3.mp3 [2.9MB] :: скачать файл с upload.com.ua
    34 cristmas.mp3 [3.61MB] :: скачать файл с upload.com.ua
    I don't want to download a PDF reader or a game toolbar. What to click to download one of your recordings?

    Scott

  3. #3
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phx, AZ, US
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    10
    Kib - Great job!

    So far I've only downloaded and listened to Shallott - of what you've listed it's the only one with which the original I'm familiar. If I can suss out the originals for the others I'll listen and write more later.

    Probably I can help more with a better quality file (I may have not heard your mistakes) but I can tell right off your pronunciation is wonderful.. at least from what I can hear. It's probably the sound file or the microphone but there's an element of treble or compression that distorts your voice a bit, or at least that's what I thought.. I use VLC and I thought I had the speed set too fast, but it was not my player..

    What a bold endeavor to take on Shallott is! - It's a mouthful even for a native =) But it's also a great example of that rhythm english poetry, and the delivery style it insists upon.. Really, from what I can tell you did a wonderful job, and you have very good control over your pronunciation and vocal presence.

    As for navigating the site, all you have to do is click on "skachat' Shallot.mp3" and then choose the free option, wait 60 secs.. similar to sendspace, etc.. It wasn't a problem for me. (Though, the fake "youtube" that was an ad called "VsemTube" I found pretty funny, hehe.)
    luck/life/kidkboom
    Грязные башмаки располагают к осмотрительности в выборе дороги. /*/ Muddy boots choose their roads with wisdom. ;

  4. #4
    kib
    kib is offline
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Russia, Pyatigorsk
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheether View Post
    I don't want to download a PDF reader or a game toolbar. What to click to download one of your recordings?

    Scott
    Again I've forgotten about this.
    Under the heading "Как будем качать?" you should click the right green button.
    Then you need to enter the code
    And at last you need to wait a minute and click the button "скачать".
    Я изучаю английский язык и поэтому делаю много ошибок. Но я не прошу Вас исправлять их, Вы можете просто ткнуть меня носом в них, или, точнее, пихнуть их мне в глаза. I'm studying English, and that's why I make a lot of mistakes. But I do not ask you to correct them, you may just stick my nose into them or more exactly stick them into my eyes.
    Всё, что не делается, не всегда делается к лучшему
    Но так же не всегда всё, что не делается, не делается не к худшему. : D

  5. #5
    Завсегдатай rockzmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    East Coast, United States
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Power
    15
    Hi Kib,

    I took a listen to your Christmas one. As Kidkboom mentioned, your English pronunciation is very good. You are rushing a bit. A couple of words that hit me are:
    "was always" those to words together don't come out just right. I can't tell if you are mispronouncing the W in always or if it is something else.
    on the words "breakfast" and "everything" it sounds like you are rolled the Rs almost like an Irish would sound
    yet on the word "presents" you don't pornounce the R hard enough.
    I only speak two languages, English and bad English.
    Check out the MasterRussian Music Playlist
    Click here for list of Russian films with English subtitles and links to watch them.

  6. #6
    kib
    kib is offline
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Russia, Pyatigorsk
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by rockzmom View Post
    Hi Kib,

    I took a listen to your Christmas one. As Kidkboom mentioned, your English pronunciation is very good. You are rushing a bit. A couple of words that hit me are:
    "was always" those to words together don't come out just right. I can't tell if you are mispronouncing the W in always or if it is something else.
    on the words "breakfast" and "everything" it sounds like you are rolled the Rs almost like an Irish would sound
    yet on the word "presents" you don't pornounce the R hard enough.
    Thank you, rockzmom. This is very helpful. As for my rolling Rs it's very difficult for me not to roll them in some words. If you heard how I pronounce 'through' or something like 'is right'. It's almost impossible for me to avoid rolling. I'll take a note of it and will pronounce correcty and slowly. Thank you again.
    Я изучаю английский язык и поэтому делаю много ошибок. Но я не прошу Вас исправлять их, Вы можете просто ткнуть меня носом в них, или, точнее, пихнуть их мне в глаза. I'm studying English, and that's why I make a lot of mistakes. But I do not ask you to correct them, you may just stick my nose into them or more exactly stick them into my eyes.
    Всё, что не делается, не всегда делается к лучшему
    Но так же не всегда всё, что не делается, не делается не к худшему. : D

  7. #7
    kib
    kib is offline
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Russia, Pyatigorsk
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkboom View Post
    Kib - Great job!

    What a bold endeavor to take on Shallott is! - It's a mouthful even for a native =) But it's also a great example of that rhythm english poetry, and the delivery style it insists upon.. Really, from what I can tell you did a wonderful job, and you have very good control over your pronunciation and vocal presence.
    Thank you, kidkboom. Nice to understand that I'm making progress in my pronunciation. And thank you for the compliments - it's turned that I'm not so stone deaf.
    Я изучаю английский язык и поэтому делаю много ошибок. Но я не прошу Вас исправлять их, Вы можете просто ткнуть меня носом в них, или, точнее, пихнуть их мне в глаза. I'm studying English, and that's why I make a lot of mistakes. But I do not ask you to correct them, you may just stick my nose into them or more exactly stick them into my eyes.
    Всё, что не делается, не всегда делается к лучшему
    Но так же не всегда всё, что не делается, не делается не к худшему. : D

Similar Threads

  1. Audio Feature for recordings of Russian and English....?
    By Hanna in forum Tech Support and Site Comments
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 3rd, 2011, 11:59 AM
  2. Help with English Recordings @Rhinospike
    By Hanna in forum Learn English - Грамматика, переводы, словарный запас
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 17th, 2010, 08:23 PM
  3. How to hear the audio recordings
    By Mandy in forum Audio Lounge
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: January 25th, 2008, 12:02 AM
  4. Recordings
    By Pasha in forum Spanish
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: March 25th, 2006, 03:58 PM
  5. Need Plyushchenko video recordings
    By Indra in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 18th, 2006, 12:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary