Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iCake

Thread: Privet, everyone!

Privet, everyone!

Hello everyone!! ♥

My name is Nour Katerina, I'm sixteen and I am from the Netherlands! I want to learn Russian because the history of Russia and the people and everything just intrigues me so much!! I love it a lot.
    My family is from Russian descent, but my grandpa moved to Serbia with my grandma, so my mother was born in Serbia and only knows a few words in Russian. She could not teach me, which is such a pity!
    I tried learning Russian online, but I could not get a lot further than ''Privet, menya zavut Nour, i ya lublyu shokoladi i moda''
    Oh well!!
    I would love to learn more, but please be easy on me when replying in Russian... Reading the cyrillic alfabet takes me some time. ( u m u ;; )

Thank you in advance! I look forward to meeting you all!
    Thank you for reading this, lovelies! ♥

Welcome to our forum, Nour! There are some great resources here for studying Russian. I would also suggest coming to the general chat sometimes. It is a great place to practice your (written) Russian with native speakers.
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Hi Катя, if you want to improve your russian, you could speak with me via Skype. It will helpful for you and for me. My Skype is maxitron44.

Привет! Меня зовут Джейден. Welcome to the forum!

It takes time and a lot of practice to learn the Cyrillic alphabet but it's so worth it. Now I can type anything in Russian on a English keyboard and I know all the sounds.
    And you're right. I've learned tons more Russian since I joined this forum than I ever did before. Stay active here and you will too.
    Удача! (Good luck!).

Welcome, Nour (not sure how I should pronounce the name though, please forgive me) You did well to join this community. You'll soon find it very helpful and frankly I can't even think of a better Russian learning forum out there. You have a lot of ways to hone your Russian here like posting your questions on the forum, using General Chat for instanteneous communication, reading posts and answers to other member's questions and so on.

I wish you good luck and fast learning.

Удача! (Good luck!).
    Удачи!
    UhOhXplode likes this.
    I do not claim that my opinion is absolutely true.
    If you've spotted any mistake in my English, please, correct it. I want to be aware of any mistakes to efficiently eliminate them before they become a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by iCake View Post
    Welcome, Nour (not sure how I should pronounce the name though, please forgive me)
    It's pronounced as if the ou is an U. So in Russian, it is written ''Нур ''! However, feel free to call me Katerina if that's easier for you!

And thank you, all!
    I will try my best and learn things here, and see if I can help others in return!
    I'll try to be as active and possible and join the chats, but don't expect me to contribute a lot to the Russian community here-- That's too hard for me, I think! (。・ω・。)

Quote Originally Posted by iCake View Post
    Welcome, Nour (not sure how I should pronounce the name though, please forgive me) You did well to join this community. You'll soon find it very helpful and frankly I can't even think of a better Russian learning forum out there. You have a lot of ways to hone your Russian here like posting your questions on the forum, using General Chat for instanteneous communication, reading posts and answers to other member's questions and so on.

I wish you good luck and fast learning.

Удачи!
    Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Katusha View Post
    It's pronounced as if the ou is an U. So in Russian, it is written ''Нур ''! However, feel free to call me Katerina if that's easier for you!

And thank you, all!
    I will try my best and learn things here, and see if I can help others in return!
    I'll try to be as active and possible and join the chats, but don't expect me to contribute a lot to the Russian community here-- That's too hard for me, I think! (。・ω・。)
    It's kinda like living in virtual Russia. Even just posting in music and other discussion threads can teach you a lot about Russian culture and language. Even just in an intro thread cause now I know how to say "Good luck". See you in the threads.