Thread: Hello everyone! Greetings from Lithuania!

mergike

Hello everyone! Greetings from Lithuania!

Hi! I'm new member here and I want to improve my Russian language skills. I've been studying it in the school for almost 4 years and now when I'm in university I again have Russian lessons. However, I still want to improve my Russian skills So I'll be waiting for your messages. Feel free to contact me! It's nice to meet you all

Властелин
    Добро пожаловать!
    What language was easier for you to study: Russian or English?

mergike
    Здраствуйте! It's nice to meet you too For me it was easier to study English, maybe because we had more English lessons than Russian By the way, in our everyday life we face with English language much more often than Russian. Also, I had terribly angry Russian teacher who screamed at us much more than tried to teach us something maybe because of that I actually didn't liked Russian language while being at school But I must admit that Russian pronunciation was easier for me than English where are you from?

See you next time! Пока

Властелин
    where are you from?
    From Moscow.
    But I must admit that Russian pronunciation was easier for me than English
    Yes, Lithuanian sounds like Russian, but words are unfamiliar. Lithuanians speak with very light accent in Russian.
    But, in general, in my mind, Lithuanian is much closer to Russian than to English, isn't it? Is grammar rather similar?

mergike
    Yes, of course Lithuanian is much closer to Russian than English And grammar is a bit similar because we also conjugate verbs and nouns are declinable. By the way, in Lithuanian language (as in Russian language) there are not so manny tenses as in English language. But, anyway, Lithuanians don't write in Cyrillic alphabet like some people, who don't have enough knowledge about Lithuania, think talking about problems with pronunciation, my teacher used to say that I pronunciate ы letter too soft