Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Controversial Problems in Russian and Some Other Societies

^^^^^ What are you talking about?!? I'm not sure how it's done in Florida (or Chicago) but in Canada, the Government actually funds these parades! They obtain grants under the B.S. 'tourism' umbrella. Furthermore, the municipal government (whichever city it takes place in) closes off all encompassing roads so traffic must detour. This makes for a lot of inconvenience. Also, shops along the route are ****ed! So, you better not need to go through this area for any reason or you will witness the spectacle whether you want to or not. This is just wrong. Other organizations or groups don't get 'parades' or funding for it. If it is perceived as a 'right-wing' group, they won't ever get the right or funding for such a reason so this is about politics.

Hanna
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomer View Post
    I also think that any public actions of sexual nature(including gay parades) are in fact sexual harassment to the society. And sexual harassment cannot be considered as acceptable, in my view.
    I mean if you are a gay - fine. But don't stick your genitals to the faces of other people.
    I feel the same way. I would be just as much against prostitutes having a Prostitute Pride Parade, in vulgar outfits, half naked.... Or a Pedophilia Pride Parade, a Sadism parade or anyone flaunting their sexuality in the faces of other people, even if they are 100% straight and happily married. It's tasteless, vulgar and doesn't achieve anything constructive. Perhaps I'm just too conservative, but that's my view.

Ok, Russian gay people reading this.
    ... since you can't march at home, you are apparently invited... This festival is going on right now, for a week.... You are not forgotten, lol... (this is silly....)

Some gay bar in Sweden making a manifestation:

PS - when I drink vodka I go for Russian vodka all the way! I boycott their boycott!!
    In fact, I wouldn't mind a blueberry shot right now, after a stressful day at work.

I'm in London now, but last year, this time I was in Stockholm when the gay festival was on. It goes on for a week. They actually put gay pride flags on the buses and trams, in some flag-holders that they sometimes put the national flag in, on national holidays. This went on for a week. And inside the bus were ads for the Pride festival.

When I was in the metro, some ladies with vests saying "Local municipality" (looked like office workers from the local municipality) came on the train and handed out invitations for Pride week, saying "How are YOU celebrating the Pride festival?" blah, blah.. Implying that anyone who doesn't participate in this festival is some kind of reactionary! It's just too darn in-your-face....

I just thought "Leave me alone already!!!! I am not gay and I don't celebrate this nonsense! If they must have a Pride festival I'd prefer if they had it somewhere outside town.

All buses have gay flags for a week:

Is this suitable?

Властелин
    I wonder if gays can get a simplified visa to attend the parade in Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post

I feel the same way. I would be just as much against .... a Pedophilia Pride Parade
    [...]
    Perhaps I'm just too conservative, but that's my view.
    "Too conservative" is, perhaps, not quite the expression I would use.

On the other hand, we've finally found a topic on which Hanna is to the right of FOX News...

Is this suitable?
    What's unsuitable about that? Babies love bright, primary colors; it stimulates their visual development.
    Lampada likes this.

Regarding "Pride Parades" -- what the Russian government claims to be prohibiting is THIS:

But what the phrasing of the law in fact prohibits is THIS, too:

A "homophile rights" march from the early 1960s -- in Philadelphia or NYC, I'm not sure which.

Is it actually necessary to ban the second example in order to prevent Russian society from going down the slippery slope to the first example?

P.S. I just noticed this:

last year, this time I was in Stockholm when the gay festival was on. [...] If they must have a Pride festival I'd prefer if they had it somewhere outside town.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Stockholm (a) the largest and most populated city in all of Scandanavia, and (b) the political capital for all citizens of Sweden, including the homosexual ones?

How incredibly STRANGE that they'd choose to have their Gayfest in Stockholm, of all places!

Говорит Бегемот: Хорошо, что наш уважаемый коллега Фагот просто был нормальным чёртом из ада, а не "faggot" в американском смысле -- а то российское правительство сожгло бы рукопись!

Говорит Бегемот: "Dear citizens of MR -- please correct my Russian mistakes!"

And on a slightly related topic, recently here in the Washington DC region there's been a small controversy about a popular Mexican rock band called "Molotov" that will be performing in concert (somewhere in Maryland, just north of DC). Reason for the controversy: one of the their biggest hits is filled with Spanish words such as puto and maricón, both of which are approximately equivalent to "c*cksucker" or п*дор. For this reason, some gays have complained that the band is homophobic, and some politically-correct straights agree -- though, on the other hand, the band and its supporters say that the words are intended in the sense of "corrupt f*cking politicians*, and not in an anti-gay sense.

So, yet another example of "Do you mean fag as in homosexual, or fag as in Harley-Davidson biker?" (to quote South Park). Language is complicated!

P.S. If anyone's curious, puto is literally the masculine form of puta (бл*дь), while maricón is literally "Big Mary" (the suffix -on is an увеличительное in Spanish).
    Говорит Бегемот: "Dear citizens of MR -- please correct my Russian mistakes!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Throbert McGee View Post
    Regarding "Pride Parades" -- what the Russian government claims to be prohibiting is THIS:
    Just my opinion: people on that picture look weird.
    It also confirms that exhibitionists thrive on gay parades
    FYI: being a gay isn't considered a mental disorder but being exhibitionist is.
    Considering that most gays are under constant psychological pressure from the majority it's no wonder that some gay people might have some mental problems.

Yeah, I think the "mental illness" thing kinda kills the issue. But it's not like they made it illegal for them to do stuff like that at home.
    Anyway, those parades look kinda meh and even old Sum 41 tracks trump Molotov. Imo, the only thing Molotov is bashing is peoples ears with old classical rock, lol!
    If I go to parade I want to see Transformers, Dementors, Dragons (and not like the ones at the Aussie show!), Thestrals, Linkin Park, and this:

Then I'll call it a parade!

I'm tired of all these recent gay discussions. It's not really a problem here at all. Nobody cares. For a change, here is a very good and funny video about some real problems in Russia and how our state TV blames USA:

iCake likes this.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Талантливая песня. Значит, уже не коммунисты во всём виноваты ?
    А я знал, с самого начала!
    "Невозможно передать смысл иностранной фразы, не разрушив при этом её первоначальную структуру."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil77 View Post
    For a change, here is a very good and funny video about some real problems in Russia and how our state TV blames USA:
    Yeah, blame the others, so people wouldn't notice the real cause of the problems
    Sadly this propaganda works for many people

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456