Thread: Nixon versus America

Старший оракул

Nixon versus America

What’s the deal with Richard Nixon in America? All the references to him I’ve been coming across where only of negative aspect, he seems to be nothing but the epitome of evil. Of course the references where mainly from cartoons, The Simpsons and Futurama, which aren’t regarded by many as a very reliable source of information, but today I hear the story once more and this time the storyteller is a real person, Bill Maher, whom Lampada posts so often about, who, among other things, says:
    “No matter what happened it really came back to that - the Republicans are bad and Nixon’s an as*hole…”
    So, what’s so as*holish about Nixon and what is it about his dog, what’s his name, Checkers, whose place after his death according to Homer Simpson was meant to be nowhere but in the doggy hell, along with the Hitler’s dog and some others, bad ones too.
    I’ve certainly heard something of Watergate, the political scandal, but do people care so much about political scandals? There has to be something else.

Властелин

Re: Nixon versus America

Quote Originally Posted by alexB
    What’s the deal with Richard Nixon in America? All the references to him I’ve been coming across where only of negative aspect, he seems to be nothing but the epitome of evil. Of course the references where mainly from cartoons, The Simpsons and Futurama, which aren’t regarded by many as a very reliable source of information, but today I hear the story once more and this time the storyteller is a real person, Bill Maher, whom Lampada posts so often about, who, among other things, says:
    “No matter what happened it really came back to that - the Republicans are bad and Nixon’s an as*hole…”
    So, what’s so as*holish about Nixon and what is it about his dog, what’s his name, Checkers, whose place after his death according to Homer Simpson was meant to be nowhere but in the doggy hell, along with the Hitler’s dog and some others, bad ones too.
    I’ve certainly heard something of Watergate, the political scandal, but do people care so much about political scandals? There has to be something else.
    Nixon was a Republican. The liberals here will never stop distorting the truth. Yes Watergate happened but so did a sitting president lie about his involvement with an intern. The president of the Unided States said:

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

What a scumbag.

Why does Bill Maher not talk about that? Have you heard about the racist statements that recently came out that Harry Reid said about Barrack Obama?

The recently released book Game Change reports that Sen. Harry Reid said America would vote for Barack Obama because he was a "light-skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=35188

I'll be waiting for Bill Maher's remarks about that.

If it was Rush Limbaugh or anyone on Fox news that said it you'd hear about it. Hypocrisy? In my opinion, you bet.

Scott