Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: How to hear the audio recordings

  1. #21
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    10
    Tony--> тоуни (according to sounds of Russian letters)

    It's obvious (to my hearing) you are reading the text
    Maybe: Это очевидно (к моему слушанию), Вы читаете текст

  2. #22
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere on the planet
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Watts
    Tony--> тоуни (according to sounds of Russian letters)

    It's obvious (to my hearing) you are reading the text
    Maybe: Это очевидно (для моего уха), что вы читаете текст
    I've explained it before-). Tony in English = Тони in Russian.
    What you can say about my old record above?-) . I remembered many people at that time criticized it
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...us/mage7yu.jpg
    God granted me the serenity to accept the things
    I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    And wisdom to know the difference

  3. #23
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    10
    Scrabus, I'm not sure which one is your old record. Give me the link and I'll listen to it. Wait, I see it now, #338.

  4. #24
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere on the planet
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    9
    I doubt you will be able to understand everything... Just a little may be but not a whole record I'm sure=).
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...us/mage7yu.jpg
    God granted me the serenity to accept the things
    I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    And wisdom to know the difference

  5. #25
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    10
    Scrabus, here is what I think I heard:
    I don't think I want to know.
    My Russian book says it takes the longest to learn letters.
    That's kill me.
    I wonder, if I'll start reading English words wrong once.
    I get them, really.
    How did I do?
    Your pronunciation is OK but you spoke quickly and also quietly in some places. Certainly it is not how a native might sound but there are no terrible mistakes in pronunciation. ("That's kill me" should be:: That'll kill me/That will kill me)

  6. #26
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere on the planet
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Watts
    Scrabus, here is what I think I heard:
    I don't think I want to know.
    My Russian book says it takes the longest to learn letters.
    That's kill me.
    I wonder, if I'll start reading English words wrong once.
    I get them, really.
    How did I do?
    Your pronunciation is OK but you spoke quickly and also quietly in some places. Certainly it is not how a native might sound but there are no terrible mistakes in pronunciation. ("That's kill me" should be:: That'll kill me/That will kill me)
    Thank Ken for your comment, it was almost I was trying to say at that time . And yes I already fixed in my mind "that's kill me". Last time respondents told me the same thing about it . I'm trying to improve my pronunciation, working on it . Anyway it very useful to hear comments by native.
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...us/mage7yu.jpg
    God granted me the serenity to accept the things
    I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    And wisdom to know the difference

  7. #27
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    в моей стойке
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Watts
    Scrabus, here is what I think I heard:
    I don't think I want to know.
    My Russian book says it takes the longest to learn letters.
    That's kill me.
    I wonder, if I'll start reading English words wrong once.
    I get them, really.
    How did I do?
    Your pronunciation is OK but you spoke quickly and also quietly in some places. Certainly it is not how a native might sound but there are no terrible mistakes in pronunciation. ("That's kill me" should be:: That'll kill me/That will kill me)
    Thank Ken for your comment, it was almostif I was trying to say [quote:hxy5iq0q]_
    that time . And yes, I had already fixed "that'll kill me" in my mind.Last time, people told me the same thing about it . I'm trying to improve my pronunciation, working on it . Anyway, it was very useful to hear comments by anative.[/quote:hxy5iq0q]
    Correct my mistakes and I will give you +1 internets.

  8. #28
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere on the planet
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    9
    Спасибо Руст
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...us/mage7yu.jpg
    God granted me the serenity to accept the things
    I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    And wisdom to know the difference

  9. #29
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabus
    Спасибо, Руст


    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Watts
    It's obvious (to my hearing) you are reading the text
    No, I didn't. I just pronounced some sentence which I thought out.
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

  10. #30
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere on the planet
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabus
    Спасибо, Руст
    Тю, какая мелочь -).
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...us/mage7yu.jpg
    God granted me the serenity to accept the things
    I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    And wisdom to know the difference

  11. #31
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    9

    How to hear audio recordings

    quote="Lampada"] http://sayandpost.com/5muqhcqlx2.mp3 :D[/quote]

    andСпасибо всем. Мне довольно трудно понимать все разговоры об эту тему между вас. Я только, что послушала обе записи, о которых Zaya сказал.

    Мне особенно понравилась первая запись - Фaйл, который Лампеда загружалa.

    You are all very helpful and it really brings the language to life by listening to real people speaking. Russian speakers are very few and far between in my part of the UK.

    I was simply curious to listen to Olya speaking English. It was very good, as I had expected.

  12. #32
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,384
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: How to hear audio recordings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy
    Спасибо всем. Мне довольно трудно понимать все ваши разговоры на эту тему. Я только_что послушала обе записи, о которых Zaya сказала.

    Мне особенно понравилась первая запись - фaйл, который Лампада загружалa.

    You are all very helpful and it really brings the language to life by listening to real people speaking. Russian speakers are very few and far between in my part of the UK.

    I was simply curious to listen to Olya speaking English. It was very good, as I had expected.
    I'm a girl.
    You are welcome.
    If you have problems with both posting new messages and sending PMs, you can send an e-mail to the Forum Administrator here:
    http://masterrussian.net/sendmessage.php
    У меня что-то с почтой, на ЛС ответить не могу. (

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Help with English Recordings @Rhinospike
    By Hanna in forum Learn English - Грамматика, переводы, словарный запас
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 17th, 2010, 07:23 PM
  2. The Georgian Story You Didn't Hear
    By DDT in forum Politics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: December 27th, 2008, 10:55 AM
  3. Minority language in Russia - how often do you hear them?
    By Uvula in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: February 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM
  4. Recordings
    By Pasha in forum Spanish
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: March 25th, 2006, 02:58 PM
  5. Need Plyushchenko video recordings
    By Indra in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 18th, 2006, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary