Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking a russian girl for a date

Почтенный гражданин
    Heya,

Your first attempt at speaking russian was good! Since the other recordings were a bit quick though, here's my recording. I'm an american, so it may be easier to understand for somebody who isn't used to russian

tdk

Новичок
    I think I'll stick with trying to learn russian. Its fun, I got this freeware program called 'before you know it', it has recordings that I can imitate (butcher rather hahaha) Don't think I'll try to learn how to read cyrillic quite yet Thats some crazy looking stuff!

So, I need to 'Americanize it' a little, or I'll sound funny trying to sound like a native?

Just wanted to say thanks! You guys have been a great help!

I'll stick around, maybe learn something... Always nice to learn a new language. I hated reading the subtitles of 'Daywatchers' English subs can't keep up with your language!

Quote Originally Posted by tdk2fe
    ... , here's my recording. ... tdk
    Ты звучишь очень хорошо. Один звук тебя выдаёт: и в посмотрим. У тебя слышится скорее ы, чем и.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Quote Originally Posted by rkimber
    So, I need to 'Americanize it' a little, or I'll sound funny trying to sound like a native?
    Hi rkimber, and welcome to MR

No, I don't agree at all that you should "Americanize" or otherwise "-ize" whatever you learn. If you can get a correct ring to whatever phrases you learn, it just means you have talent.

Doing it badly on purpose is the worst you can do - it'll teach you bad habits that are very hard to get rid of afterwards.

And it only sounds ridiculous to yourself, because you're not used to hearing yourself producing these sounds (if you know what I mean ) - so don't worry, go for the best you can!
    Ой, голова у меня кружится |-P ...... and my brain hurts too....

Старший оракул
    Quote Originally Posted by rkimber
    I think I'll stick with trying to learn russian. Its fun, I got this freeware program called 'before you know it', it has recordings that I can imitate (butcher rather hahaha) Don't think I'll try to learn how to read cyrillic quite yet Thats some crazy looking stuff!

Just wanted to say thanks! You guys have been a great help!

I'll stick around, maybe learn something... Always nice to learn a new language. I hated reading the subtitles of 'Daywatchers' English subs can't keep up with your language!
    Just like Russian subs cant keep up with English language (when I watch an American movie!!!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12