Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for English native speakers

Старший оракул
    Or possibly a single malt scotch... Glenlivet, Glengarry, pretty much anything with "Glen" in it...
    I'm still with you on the beer, though, I don't think I'll ever be too refined to enjoy some lager... I hope not, anyway!
    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    OK, an ice cold glass of Cooper's Sparkling Ale. It is hard to find in the US and at one time impossible to find because the US said that it did not have the correct label on the bottle. So the fine brewers of South Australia replied, " Then, you can't have any more of our beer then", and stopped exporting it to the US.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Подающий надежды оратор
    Hey there

cheers for that whole backing my story lark mate... and i opologise for not answering more but i was temporarily in dispose (bloody runners), but cheers for fighting the corner... oh and to a point that was cast earlier about brits not speaking shakespearian english... well tell me someone who does, all that is is simply the words were rearanged and elongated, to simplify it for the commoners was not to change the languge in its integrity, on the other hand with americans they have had the really bad habit of pronouncing words wrong, or changing them... heres an example Alluminium is the british word, my dad used to work at the steel works over here and was hassled by the yanks about an order of Alluminum, now alluminium and Alluminum are two different substances and yet they came over and tried playing hell saying that the brit works had tons of Alluminum when in fact it was Alluminium, hence the reason they are annoying, why do they have to be different, you are not different you were colonists... British, French and Dutch ( I really hate havin to go over history to try to put a point across that will be like headbutting and brick wall)... anyways, like it, lump it or take it with a pinch of salt thats the facts layed down... you can hate me for it but i'm me (English) stubborn and happy in setting the record straight.

Watch out yall the great destroyer and the lord of plague is here... yeah right

I personally would like a cold glass of George Killians Irish Red. Not much Irish about it apart from the name, but a nice dark beer!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    I must say Klinky ol' boy that the selection of beer in America has certainly improved over the last few years. I can go almost anywhere now and get a beautiful mug of Heffeweissen (without the fruit, of course)

And, Jim Bob, I was not aware that alluminum and alluminium were two different substances till now.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Подающий надежды оратор
    yes it is... i'm full of random facts that many people don't care about...

question for you DDT where you live?

DDT
    I am in Oregon these days. As you can see, the Yanks have got me surrounded so I have my hands full trying to "educate" them!

Старший оракул
    American or British, aluminium/aluminum is one L of an L-ement!
    Море удачи и дачу у моря

Почётный участник

re:

@Fantom: I'm from the south(Texas to be precise)...and even though my accent isn't all that southern I have been told that I sound "funny"(even in comparison to other Americans) when trying to speak other languages(by native speakers of said languages)... I really think it is the southern drawl that ruins it...so hard not to speak like that!

@Jim_The_Bob: Why are you so obsessed with Americans vs. Britons? also..by the by... not all Americans were British, French, or Dutch colonists... for instance my ancestors were German colonists here in the name of Prince Frederick... As for the different spellings of words such as color/colour, honor/honour, center/centre, etc... From what I know it all comes down to the people who started writing the first American Dictionaries deciding that the (current)American spellings were more correct than the British spellings, as well as for the purpose of making American's even further 'seperated' from the British people.

--peace

DDT

Re: re:

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic-Saint
    From what I know it all comes down to the people who started writing the first American Dictionaries deciding that the (current)American spellings were more correct than the British spellings, as well as for the purpose of making American's even further 'seperated' from the British people.

--peace
    If that is true then I am correct when I use the word arrogance.

Подающий надежды оратор
    thats a perfect word in my dictionary....

oh and the reason i like to pit us brits against the common yanker thinking pattern is the simple reason that most and that means the biggest majority decide to think they are better than brits, saying things like... well you brits drive on the wrong side of the road, why do you spell words differently to us, here yar brit we won two wars for you... you know it tends to get on your nerves when people only see and hear what they want to see and hear... ever heard of reading deeper to find out the facts and not just the gloryfied picture... i mean rorkes drift was a british victory as the story goes... cept when you read into it and you find it wasnt as glorious as it was said to be, or waterloo wasn the complete brainchild of wellington it was won by luck and weather... and they did not win two wars for us i mean they tried to stop us defending our own colonists back in '82 simply because the argentines had invaded. and yes arrogance is the main word because when you take all the little differences and put them all together then it begins to form a picture if you let it and said word is shrouding it.

thats why i like to differ with yanks... although i have met those who actually do the above so i do not speak for all americans before you start saying im racist in some way.

oh yeah, DDT whats the weather like over there?

DDT
    Perfect summer weather today in Oregon! To bad the surf sucks, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12