Thread: Hello to all from Southern Russia =)

Новичок

Thumbs up Hello to all from Southern Russia =)

My name is Marina, I'm 20 years old. I am very active and sociable person. Six months ago I had a dream - an independent trip to England with my friends. and also would love to see the U.S. =) I have studied English for six months and now I would like to practice my speech. I am pleased to help in studying the Russian language!!!

If you have a desire to communicate in Russian, to tell me about your country, customs - Add me to Skype =) my username - smth_like_vogue or send me messages on the mail - failse-be@rambler.ru =)

Maybe we can help each other in learning languages​​! =)

Hanna
    Hi Marina, welcome to the forum. I think your English is a little bit better than my Russian, but I will add you to my Skype. I have just stayed a 1.5 month in Belarus, and I finally feel brave enough to practice Russian on Skype.

PS - you should change the title of your message to ..... FROM Southern Russia (because that is where you live, right?)

Also, you should say "I have studied English for six months". Teach means that you are a teacher of English. I have problems saying this in Russian myself, there are so many different prefixes to "учить"

А сейчас я попробую писать по-русски:
    Привет Марина, и добро пожаловать в форуме. По моему ты чуть-чуть лучше говоришь по-английски, чем я по-русски! Я буду прибавлять тебя в Skype. Я только что осталась через месец половина в Беларусь, a теперь наконец я смею практиковаться на Skype... Раньше я не хотела.

Новичок
    Thanks for the correction! =) Just do not know how the title change = ( and add me on Skype, it will be useful and fun =)

Властелин
    А сейчас я попробую писать по-русски:
    Привет, Марина, и добро пожаловать на форум. По моему, ты чуть-чуть лучше говоришь по-английски, чем я - по-русски! Я добавлю тебя в Skype. Я только что провела полтора месяца в Беларуси, a теперь, наконец, я смею практиковаться в Skype (по скайпу)... Раньше я не хотела.
    Мне кажется, что так. По поводу запятых при "наконец" не совсем уверен. Тире между "я" и "по-русски" тоже надо уточнить.
    It's better to say "Ты лучше знаешь английский язык" than "Ты лучше говоришь по-английски" if you've never heard her.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Also, you should say "I have studied English for six months". Teach means that you are a teacher of English. I have problems saying this in Russian myself, there are so many different prefixes to "учить"
    If she said that way, I would think she considers her level enough to speak fluently. But I think (and I think it's obvious =) ) she doesn't. So, a better one would be "I've been studying English for six months."

And, Hanna, I'm pleasantly surprised at your speaking Russian here. I mean it's been quite rare, and I think you've definitely been making progress on your studies.

zxc
    Почтенный гражданин
    Greetings, Marina! Welcome to the forums. Your English seems quite a bit better than my Russian, but I'll add you on Skype. Also, a minor point about your post (in Russian and English):

Quote Originally Posted by Marinochka View Post
    Six months ago I had a dream - an independent trip to England with my friends. and also would love to see the U.S. =)
    Все не ясно. А именно, на английском, слово dream может нести как смысл 'мечта' и 'сон' в зависимости от контекста как и то, как оно было произнесено (какая структура предложения). Контекст предполагает тут вы говорите о мечте (цели), но тогда как вы сказали, это означает, вы говорите о сне.

Это трудно сохранить те же структуру предложения, а также сказать то же самое. Я бы сказал:
    An independent trip to England with my friends became a dream of mine six months ago.

Поочередно, вы можете использовать разные слова кроме dream (т.е. ambition, goal).

(Пожалуйста, исправьте ошибки, если их я сделал.)
    --------------------------
    This doesn't collocate very well. Namely, in English 'dream' can carry both the meaning of мечта and сон depending on both context and how you said it. Context here suggests you're talking about the мечта variant (a goal or ambition) whereas how you said it implies you're talking about сон (dreaming in your sleep). I would say something more like:

It's difficult to think of a way to carry the same meaning more naturally and to use the same sentence structure. If you reversed the sentence it would be much more clear:

An independent trip to England with my friends became a dream of mine six months ago.

Alternatively, you can substitute the word dream here with something like 'goal' or 'ambition'.

An independent trip to England with my friends has been a goal (or an ambition) of mine for six months.
    ----------------------

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Мне кажется, что так. По поводу запятых при "наконец" не совсем уверен. Тире между "я" и "по-русски" тоже надо уточнить.
    It's better to say "Ты лучше знаешь английский язык" than "Ты лучше говоришь по-английски" if you've never had heard her.
    Все верно =) Между Я и ПО-РУССКИ действительно нужно тире =)

если она добавила МНЕ КАЖЕТСЯ = i think то она может употребить "Ты лучше говоришь по-английски" =)

как-то так =)

Новичок
    Quote Originally Posted by zxc View Post
    Все не ясно. А именно, на английском, слово dream может нести как смысл 'мечта' и 'сон' в зависимости от контекста как и то, как оно было произнесено (какая структура предложения). Контекст предполагает тут вы говорите о мечте (цели), но тогда как вы сказали, это означает, вы говорите о сне.

Это трудно сохранить те же структуру предложения, а также сказать то же самое. Я бы сказал:

Поочередно, вы можете использовать разные слова кроме dream (т.е. ambition, goal).

(Пожалуйста, исправьте ошибки, если их я сделал.)

----------------------
    Все не ясно. А именно, на английском, слово dream может нести как употребляется или имеет смысл 'мечта' и 'сон' в зависимости от контекста как и то, и от того как оно было произнесено (какая структура предложения). Этот или Ваш Контекст предполагает тут вы говорите о мечте (цели), но то как вы это сказали, это означает, что вы говорите о сне.

I hope you will understand why I made such changes =)

add me of course! I will gladly talk with you in both languages ​​=)